General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Military procurement
Technical Writer (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 2, 2014
Company had a excellent business culture. Well focused and goal oriented. The culture was so entrenched that changing things was a challenge for management
Trained USA Militery
Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great money and benifits
Cons: long days
.All my work was Classified
classified
classified
Classified
Classified
Excellent Company, takes care of their customers
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONApril 23, 2014
My day started with email and messenger communication. Going through your work, if you have special projects, looking at schedule to see what I was up to that day. 1/2 hour lunch. Afternoon meetings, team meeting once a week. Once a month company overview

I learned many programs. I was doing a lot inventory control which I am very versed in but I learned about goverment warehouses. I learned 3 new systems
My co-workers with great team players and I made many life long friends.

The most enjoyable part was all my work with data. I enjoy analyzing data. I was able to work with management.
Worst place I ever worked
Supply chain (Former Employee), London, ONApril 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: horrible working conditions, management uses threats and intimidation.
Working for GD was a horrible experience between nepotism gone wild and poor manager who believe to be a leader you have to threaten and "ride" the employee. Going to Human resources to complain your human rights have been violated or the working conditions are unsafe is a one way ticket out the door. This is a company that says all the right things, but cannot back them up. I have heard of people being physically attacked by other co-workers with no consequences to the other worker. The battle damaged vehicles coming back from the front line are not "clean" but HR will tell you they are and that you are a liar. I have seen things that GD did not prepare me to see. Forced to work over-time upto 7 days a week for over a year. No regard for burning out employees, plenty more waiting in line to join GD is the theory they subscribe too.
great place to work
Train new employees, lead hand, repair welds (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 30, 2014
i would do something different almost everyday..the day seemed to go by quickly most days.. i learned alot about lavs..and how they work in the battle field..what they can do and how they protect the army personnel...my co-workers were great easy to get along with..the hardest part of job was repairing someones eleses work..the most enjoyable was the paycheck..
Great Flexibility
Mechanical Engineering Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaOctober 23, 2013
Pros: in house cafeteria
Cons: contract based work which can be inconsistent and dependant
GD Canada is a great place to work for junior to senior employees.They are very flexible when it comes to work/life balance.
When it rains it pours
Systems (Current Employee), OntarioOctober 16, 2013
Pros: overtime pay
Cons: long hours, low morale
A typical day involves most coworkers unhappily trudging through their workload as the hours are long. After 12 hour days, refusal to do more that day can result in being viewed by higher ups as "not a team player". The most enjoyable part of the job is the overtime pay, when it is given. Coworkers are great and are helpful digging through the trenches with you, often supplying cards and treats when someone works themselves to sickness, but thanks from management is hollow. Constant talk of layoffs gives the coworkers nervous chuckles.
Company where people are friendly and work together to achieve the challenging work goals
Senior Component Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2013
Pros: the people work and interact great together.
Cons: work greatly influenced by outside contracts - or the lack of it
The company sets the goals high and through the combined effort of employees usually achieves them. It is a good place to work for.

In-house fitness programs and the gym right on-site. It is a good way to workout the stress.
Good Company - Many good people
Field Service Rep (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioOctober 2, 2013
Very good company. I worked on a project that was managed in Calgary but located in Ontario. With Government budget cuts my position was cancelled. Excellent benefits, good salary and outstanding support from Staff managing travel, benefits, pay etc. Would love to work for GD again some day. Alot of special people.
32 Years with GD so very enjoyable place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: benefits, pension plan, well known company
I love working here and have been in Finance for the past 32 years. I would just like to find some part time work in a different setting such as retail in a store like Bouclair.
Fast paced defence organization
Data Transfer and Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 21, 2013
working with engineers, government bodies and sub-contractors
Great people
Junior System Integration Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2013
Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.
Above average work environment, delays in winning/awarding new contracts creates some job security uncertainty
ILS (Former Employee), OttawaNovember 9, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: long hours
Excellent compensation and benefits
work hard play hard attitude
at core is Engineering company
need to win to big contracts to keep system integration critical mass rolling
GDC is an excellent company. Employee support is outstanding
Senior Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2012
Pros: excellent employee support, outreach programs, good benefits and pension, supports employee welfare
Cons: very long hours
As a long term employee of General Dynamics, I feel I am in a position to give them a very positive and honest review. Through strong leadership, GDC has overcome many obstacles over the years to enable itself to thrive in the marketplace. Being recognized as a grandfather in hi-tech, it has built its reputation on quality products and delivery excellence.
They have an outstanding employee support program that includes not only the financial benefits of their employees but the mental and physical attributes of their employees.
GDC has honorably earned 5 stars
Fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), SandyJanuary 25, 2015
I enjoyed going to work. I learned how to be apart of a team. I know how to handle stressful phone calls. I know how to work in a professional environment.
Great Job with a wide array of people working there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lynn Haven, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great job, good pay
Cons: the fear that it is a temp position only
I have learned so much about customer service. I really enjoy dealing with the consumers. I have never had someone be so rude that I was unable to calm them down. My supervisor is so very helpful and is wonderful. I really enjoy my job. They are willing to work with you in situations (personal) when you must miss work, if you prove it is unavoidable.
Customer Service Representative I/ recruiting (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefis, cafeteria in building
Cons: short breaks
productive work place, friendly enviroment, managers answer all questions. you had your own space and area to work. I learned a lot about the medicare insurance we worked with, I learned some new computer systems i dint know beore, the hardest part of the job would probably be getting a irate customer who you couldnt help, and the best part would be being able to help someone out in a timely manner.
This is a fun place to work and meet people of all culture as well as being able to advace within different departments
Associate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: being able to work well with co-workers is always a plus within any company and great benefits
Cons: short breaks and lunches and working late shifts at night
I had to pleasure to help millions of consumers get health insurance nationwide. The opportunity to meet people was a plus and I have gained a lot of experience within the company. It is great working with people who are there and willing to help each other grow and learn all the different changes within the company. The hardest part of the job is trying to deal within irate consumers who did not agree with the new health program but the most enjoyable is knowing that I have help many consumers get health insurance and at the end of the day I can go home and smile for a full days work. There is also a lot of overtime workers can sign up for to make extra money, especially around the holidays to get those extra gifts for your family. Management was there to help as much as possible and to make sure that each employee was up to date on all training that is required as an employee.
Sucked
Manager (Former Employee), FLJanuary 22, 2015
This place doesn't know what the next person is doing, Very unprofessional for people who handle tax payer money
OK Place to work just needs better organzation
CSR (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: unorganzied
Very Good Money however there very unorganized. The Trainers were very lazy and rude, You had to do your best to understand the job and requirements.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos