At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible!
Our employees are exceptional! General Dynamics Canada is proud to employ over 1400 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our people are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Canada is Canada’s premiere defense company. We have achieved a worldwide reputation for excellence in the production of leading-edge, highly-complex, technology-based, integrated solutions for land, airborne and maritime applications.
The Land and Joint Solutions – Product Development Radio project will extend the life of the VHF radios delivered under the TCCCS/ Iris program and currently in use by the Canadian Forces. GD Canada, along with GDC4S SCT and Rockwell Collins, is designing and developing a radio upgrade to provide Canadian Forces with improved VHF radio capability that includes improved radio data throughput, simultaneous voice and data capability, and radio Ethernet access.
- Coordinate lab setup and maintenance;
- Configure radios for use with other programs on an as-needed basis;
- Participate in requirements analysis to allocate requirements to the appropriate test team(s);
- Participate in requirements analysis to allocate requirements to the appropriate verification method(s);
- Plan, write, and review functional test procedures, including configuration descriptions, test steps, expected outcomes, and requirements demonstrated/tested, in accordance with requirements, design documents, implementation documents, and GDC processes;
- Execute formal and informal test procedures, gather appropriate measures/data and document results;
- Plan, design, create, maintain, and use test tools, as required, to test the CNR(E) radio product;
- Perform initial investigations to clarify problem descriptions for further analysis;
- Write defect and test reports for review by systems engineers;
- Analyze and interpret test results to make recommendations and provide feedback on system behavior;
- Participate in the creation of the functional Verification Cross-Reference Matrix;
- Participate in inter-team engineering activities as needed (e.g. peer reviews) with the other test teams, systems engineering, and software & hardware development teams;
- Participate in customer review and negotiation of qualification test procedures; and
- Apply engineering techniques, tools and knowledge in support of effective test activities.
- Able to apply problem solving skills to daily activities;
- Strong communications abilities, both written and verbal;
- Positive approach to learning and trying new things;
- Experience with requirements tracing an asset;
- Experience with IBM Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) an asset;
- Knowledge of radios, voice/data networks, and Internet Protocols (IP) an asset; and
- Familiarity with the principles of tactical communication systems and/or operations, an asset.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related technical/scientific degree
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada.
Please apply directly through the General Dynamics career site to be considered. www.gdcanada.com
Indeed - 23 months ago
At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products and systems that...