At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products, and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible!
GD Canada is anticipating the future award of a new contract with GDLS-Canada for a new Light Armoured Vehicle (LAV) Command, Control, Communication and Computer (C4) System.
The C4 System Project will be performed to satisfy the requirement of the GDLS-Canada for a new fleet of LAVs for use by an International Customer. GD Canada will design, integrate, manufacture, deliver and support the C4 System for installation by GDLS-C in London, Ontario. The LAV C4 System Project will integrate proven GDC4S and GD Canada products along with customer supplied Intercom, Router, Sensors and Radio to form a modern tactical vehicle C4I solution.
The project includes all phases including System Design, Software and Hardware Design, System Integration and System Validation. Following the Engineering Phase, the project will lead into production and through life support services. The Project will be a multi-site development in Ottawa and Calgary with activities involving both C3ISS and Vetronics Business Areas.
The duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Analyse customer requirements.
- Support the development of the Concept of Operations for the C4S System.
- Develop, document, and manage requirements for system, subsystem, and component specifications.
- Develop and document the system design for the system, subsystems, and components.
- Lead and/or perform technical analysis and trade studies to select and/or define subsystems or components to support the system design.
- Develop, document, and manage system, subsystem and component Interface Control Documents.
- Develop and document the design for developmental and modified components.
- Support and provide technical oversight for both internal and external suppliers responsible for the provision and/or delivery of subsystems and components.
- Interface with specialty engineering disciplines to ensure the optimum system design.
- Participate in and present to integrated teams, including internal, external and customer stakeholders.
- Support System Implementation, System Integration, and System Verification activities, including the development and review of engineering work products.
- Support to customer Installation, Integration, and Verification activities with the vehicle.
- Support the development and execution of engineering plans and schedules.
- Assume responsibility, ownership, and accountability for deliverables and work products.
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables and work products.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting program commitments and achieving program milestones.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics or related technical/scientific degree.
- Minimum 4 years Systems Engineering experience with complex electronic systems with large software components.
- Minimum 4 years experience in requirements development and system design.
- Experience with radios, voice/data networks, and Internet Protocol (IP).
- Experience with the principles of tactical mobile communication systems.
- Experience with Trade Studies and Design to Cost (DTC).
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience supporting System Integration and System Verification.
- Experience and working knowledge of systems engineering tools including DOORS, and development environments.
- Experience in planning, estimating and scheduling.
- Demonstrated initiative and excellent strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Familiarity with the principles of Vehicle Electronics systems and/or operations an asset.
- Demonstrated capability of meeting commitments and delivering high quality work products.
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada.
Please apply directly through the GD Canada website to have your resume considered
www.gdcanada.com under careers.