The Land Engineering and Integration Support Contract (LEISC) provide support for the Command and Control Systems for the Canadian Army. It provides voice and data messaging capabilities over short and long haul networks. Under this contract, thebaselineLandCommand Support System (LCSS) will be maintained and new systems and capabilities will be added and integrated as support tasks.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As part of the LEISC Team, the successful candidate will assist with network system requirements for lab operations, configuration drawings for the configuration of test cells and the qualification of the Land Command Support System. This will include tracking equipment logs, keeping related stats on all errors reported, conducting training, ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met, the supervision & coordination of lab resources, Flashing and programming equipment, firmware and crypto installation, analysis problems, fault fined equipment, draw logical diagrams, do inventory checks, work on network problems within the lab test environment, and report preparation for both hardware and software modifications to the LEISC maintenance program. This Technical Specialist will plan, coordinate and direct both small and large test configurations and provide guidance to Junior Engineers and Technologists. Also this Technical Specialist will plan, coordinate and direct the Electro Static discharge program (ESD).
It is expected that the Test Specialist will perform activities under the direction of the LEISC Infrastructure Test Lead including but not limited to:
- Install and support new automatic test equipment in the lab;
- Troubleshoot Lab configurations and resolve problems;
- Testing various modes on RF configurations for data routing capabilities;
- Preparation of lab documentation and drawing for configuration capture of baseline and for audit purposes;
- Have some network back ground;
- Tracking equipment logs;
- Keeping related stats on all reported breakdowns and configuration changes for the customers review;
- Install and build up required test configurations;
- Conducting training if required;
- Operating LEISC system components for test purposes;
- Confirming system conformance to interface control documents; and
- Design breakout boxes and cables for specific test requirements.
Technical Institute/College Diploma or equivalent
It is a mandatory that candidate has experience working as a System Integration Technologist. The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience with planning, organizing and scheduling new tasks and be capable of working independently.
- A working knowledge of the Iris equipment would be beneficial.
The successful candidate must be eligible for Canadian SECRET clearance. This typically requires 10 years consecutive residency in Canada.
Please apply only through our company career page www.gdcanada.com