General Dynamics Canada is currently looking for an Intermediate to Working level Software Engineer to work in Halifax in support of ongoing projects, including internal research & development projects. We are seeking candidates who are interested in exploring and using modern technologies in a wide variety of applications ranging from embedded sensors to enterprise scale architectures.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct literature surveys on specified subjects.
- Evaluate third party technology against specified requirements.
- Produce summaries of research topics from multiple sources.
- Rapidly develop prototypes for proof of concept.
- Assist in the development of specifications and requirements for system and sub-system components.
- Complete data analysis for measures of effectiveness and performance.
- Generate reports and supporting lifecycle documentation.
- Assist with developing/interpreting software requirements.
- Assist in design of software components.
- Implement software components in accordance with design specifications.
- Develop and conduct unit testing of software components.
- Develop and implement system test procedures.
- Conduct unit and system tests.
- Produce test reports.
2.System Analysis Tasks
3.Software Development Tasks
4.System Testing Tasks
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in hands-on rapid development of distributed systems.
- Experience in working in small teams with independent responsibilities.
- Experience with object oriented, component based software development.
- Experience with enterprise networking technologies including web services.
- Experience with the Eclipse integrated development environment.
- Experience developing software in various languages, primarily Java.
- Ability to develop system software components and implement in various systems.
- Ability to develop test procedures and conduct tests.
- Ability to produce system requirements, system design, and data analysis reports.
- Ability to work with others in an ad-hoc environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with team members and customers.
- Knowledge of various software development tools, including software configuration management, issue tracking and Agile/SCRUM tools.
- Knowledge of XML based technologies is desired
- Knowledge of middleware technologies such as the OMG DDS is desired
- BSc or BEng in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics or Electrical Engineering, or a BSc/BEng with experience related to the work described above.
- Must be Canadian citizen and eligible to acquire a Level II (NATO Secret) security classification.
Please only apply directly through the career website www.gdcanada.com
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...