The Canadian Army’s Land Command Support System (LCSS) is the integrated system-of-systems for all Command, Control, Communications and Computing (C4) and Intelligence Surveillance Target Acquisition Reconnaissance (ISTAR) systems that facilitate the Army’s command and sense capabilities. General Dynamics Canada provides many of the existing and emerging network components and the in-service engineering and integration support for LCSS. The LCSS Engineering and Integration Support Contract (LEISC) includes life cycle management and support services, as well as engineering support for periodic capability upgrades through the integration of new hardware and software.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager and Technical Lead, the System Integration Lead will be responsible for the coordination of the integration, test, build, and release of software components. The successful candidate will be an active member of the Land and Joint Solutions Software Product Development (SPD) team and will be expected to ensure alignment and reuse of test procedure and automation tools and scripts, where applicable, within the SPD. Moreover, as the System Integration Lead the successful candidate will also be expected to provide senior level leadership and guidance to the team in engineering discipline, overall technical awareness, appropriate methods and process.
The duties of the System Integration Lead Engineer will include:
- Define, develop and document test strategy and detailed system integration test plans in accordance with System Releases.
- Analysis and preliminary research to assess tools and configurations required to adequately test applicable functions.
- Define test scope and objectives, test environment, configuration and equipment, facilities, or personnel as necessary to ensure adequate test coverage.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to staff in definition and development of detailed test procedures and/or automated tools/scripts required for system, platform, or SoS integration and qualification in accordance with design documents, specifications, and requirements.
- Participation in team review boards as needed (e.g., analysis and dispositioning of problem reports, change management, etc).
- Ensure alignment and reuse of Land and Joint Solutions SPD test procedure and test automation tools & scripts, where applicable.
- Employ and provide technical engineering knowledge and administrative guidance to more junior team members.
- Assist Project Engineering and Management Leads with planning, organizing and scheduling tasks including resource needs, risk identification, progress tracking and supporting overall group schedule/goals.
- Prepare and/or review reports and supporting documentation to demonstrate progress, test measures and results and to communicate as required.
- Communicate with engineering, development and customer teams.
- Participate in peer reviews of System Engineering and Development documents to provide integration-applicable feedback.
- Ability to deal with a highly educated multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic environment.
- Minimum eight years experience with software test and system integration.
- Familiarity with the principles of tactical communication systems and/or operations would be an asset.
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership capabilities.
- Strong communications abilities, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of automated software testing and continuous integration.
- Experience with software defect tracking and version control.
- Familiarity with Windows software build and installation concepts.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical/engineering degree.
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada.
Please only apply directly through the career website www.gdcanada.com in order to be considered.