At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible!
Our employees are exceptional! General Dynamics Canada is proud to employ over 1400 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our people are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Canada is Canada’s premiere defense company. We have achieved a worldwide reputation for excellence in the production of leading-edge, highly-complex, technology-based, integrated solutions for land, airborne and maritime applications.
The LCSS Information Assurance (IA) Project Engineering Lead is a senior technical leadership role working in the area of computer and network security. As part of the IA Group, the Security Project Engineering Lead will be responsible for one or more defined tasks and will work within a team of Security and other System Engineers to provide security-specific engineering services for a defense industry focused communication and computer system.
The Security Project Engineering Lead will be responsible for the overall technical execution of Security Engineering task(s), including project/schedule/resource management, definition, design and enhancement of system capabilities and functionality through technical analysis, problem solving, studies and documentation of requirements and needs.
The Security Project Engineering lead acts as a liaison between GDC, GDC sub-contractors and GDC customers and requires both technical and managerial expertise. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate both when working in-house and interfacing with customers and external stakeholders.
- Definition and realization of security architectures that support/enable business needs while providing secure Information System environments.
- Driving the definition and development of quality system security requirements for products or subsystems specifications.
- Interfacing with the customer to build and maintain a fluent working relationship and to ensure the company’s vision aligns with the customer’s needs.
- Identification and pursuit of potential future security engineering activities based on visionary analysis of customer Information Systems.
- Influence internal and customer’s direction as it pertains to security architecture.
- Risk analysis/assessment of Information Systems and execution of recommendations that align with and support business objectives.
- Translating business opportunities and customer needs into technical performance specifications and system designs through technical expertise, innovation and customer interaction.
- Definition, estimation and maintenance of activities outlined in the Task Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Maintaining schedule and on-time acceptable delivery of all artifacts associated with the security engineering service(s).
- Working closely with the Systems Integration team to ensure testing meets or exceeds the needs of the security design.
- Participate in technical peer reviews and support various other security engineering tasks.
- Prepare and present technical presentations to a variety of internal or external stakeholders.
- Reviews of technical documents developed by the IA group to ensure the technical accuracy of formal deliveries to the customer.
- Maintain up to date with emerging security engineering technologies.
- Perform technical analysis and document trade studies, technical papers, and interface or design documents.
- Leading a team of engineers and technicians for completion of technical tasks.
- Reporting work and task progress status to affected stakeholders, as required.
- Train, mentor or coach junior IA team members in security and SE technical skills.
- Perform sub-contract management and oversight of technical artifacts for final delivery to the customer.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Leadership experience with demonstrated ability to influence and motivate
- Experience with working in a customer interfacing role
- Demonstrated ability in three (or more) of the 10 Security Domains
- Networking, computer and/or information security fundamentals
- Experience with scheduling/tasking tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related technical/scientific degree with a focus on computer, networking or information security.
- Computer or Network Security qualifications e.g. CISSP, ISSEP (SANS GIAC) GSEC, MCSE or other related security certifications would be viewed as an asset
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 10 years consecutive residence in Canada.
Please only apply directly through the General Dynamics website www.gdcanada.com