Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Working Human Resources Advisor is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of various HR functional areas, including: recruitment, employee relations, labour relations, and some aspects of compensation.
At the working level, the HR Advisor is expected to have the ability to manage a variety of client groups (usually greater in size) with minimal support required, and capable of leading small to medium size projects and representing HR within company Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Supports general recruitment and develops and implements staffing strategies and practices including: recruitment needs assessment – short-term & long term planning; providing support in the bids and proposals process
- Support Recruiter with advertising strategy & interviewing and selection processes (when required)
- Support preparation and participate in career fairs and university competitions.
- Overall responsibility for key hires (i.e. management)
- Support internal reassignment and transfers through partnerships with Managers and other key stakeholders; playing a key role in supporting the development of employees through movement within current and other business areas
- Support the Recruiter with Coop Program / New Grad Program
- Support HR Point of Contact with the development and administration of the domestic and international relocation policy and temporary assignments
- Coordinate annual salary review administration including supporting alignment meetings, providing guidance on recommended increases and ratings
- Educating business areas on compensation philosophy and salary review process
- Support managers with promotion process (i.e. Promotion boards) and determining promotion salary increases.
- Supporting general salary administration including salary increases and adjustments throughout the year
- Assisting managers in the creation and design of job descriptions.
- Works with the Recruiter to set salary for new hires.
- Working closely with Compensation Analyst to identify potential compensation and/or market adjustment issues and identifying solutions
- Day-to-day administration and interpretation of collective agreements and company policies & procedures
- Working with unions on resolving employee issues with minimal support from HR Manager
- May be involved in supporting mediaton or arbitration cases.
- Involved in conducting termination meetings (if required).
- May be involved in negotiating union collective agreements.
- Provide employee relations support to management and employees including conflict resolution and policy and procedure interpretation.
- Working with management to support discipline and performance management through identification of courses of action; issuing Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs), discipline letters, holding meetings, working with union on issues, and escalating to HR Management if required.
- Proactively identifies performance issues and partnering with managers to address them in an efficient manner - minimizing the impact to the business
- Support the Quarterly Check In process by communicating expectations and supporting management on how to complete reviews; providing stats/reports.
- Provide career development counseling through initiatives such as development profiles, defining mentors and coaching opportunities, etc.; May be required to provide more direct day-to-day coaching and mentoring to managers and employees
- Partnering with Senior Management to define and execute on Hi-Pot and Succession plans; may involve working closely with other HR groups and business areas to action plans
- Providing advice and guidance to managers through workforce reduction strategies; and layoff and termination processes (if required)
- Being engaged and contributing to organizational changes within the Business Areas and Functional Groups; pulling in the Director, Organizational Effectiveness when required
- Defining new roles and levels of position within Business Areas, with the support from the Compensation Analyst
Other / Special Projects
- Development of Business Area specific reports/stats
- Develop and conduct presentations for their support groups and/or internal stakeholders
- Support HR and/or company initiatives through communications with managers and employees (ex: reduced work week, vacation policy changes, etc)
- Support of the development of bids and proposals by assisting with the development of a staffing plan and/or strategy
- Review and development of new policies and procedures
- Input to HR Systems Advisor on new tools and reports; may be required to participate in the implementation and roll out of new tools
- Mentor and/or coaches more junior HR staff
Partner and collaborate with other relevant groups to enhance relationship and resolve issues that extend beyond HR function; involved in development of new processes and procedures
- Progressive experience in a similar HR Advisor/Generalist role with more than 5 years of related experience
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation would be considered an asset
- Previous union experience would be considered an asset
- Previous experience working on HR-related projects and the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or other related field
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada.
www,gdcanada.com under careers
Indeed - 4 months ago
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...