Under the supervision of the Information Assurance (IA) SI Team Lead, the successful candidate will hold a security integration role, applying engineering knowledge and techniques to define, write, execute and report on test and integration activities for the LEISC project. An IA SI engineer works under the close supervision of a more experienced engineer and demonstrates a desire and capability to learn and improve in the given area.
The duties of the IA SI Member will include:
- Write test procedures including configuration descriptions and expected outcomes, in accordance with the design documents and GDC processes.
- Execute formal and informal test procedures, gather appropriate measures/data and document results.
- Perform initial investigations to clarify problem components for further analysis.
- Write defect and test reports for review by senior integration and systems engineers, to demonstrate progress and communicate as required.
- Participate in integrated team activities with System Engineering and Development.
- Apply engineering techniques, tools and knowledge in support of effective test activities.
- Conduct himself/herself professionally in all meetings, activities and when included in customer attended events.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics or related technical/scientific degree with a focus on computer, networking or information security.
- Computer or Network Security qualifications e.g. CISSP, (SANS GIAC) GSEC, MCSE or other related security certifications would be viewed as an asset
- Able to apply problem solving skills to daily activities
- Strong communications abilities, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of voice/data networks and Internet Protocols (IP) an asset
- Positive approach to learning and trying new things
- Networking, computer or information security fundamentals
- Knowledge of wireless and infrastructure-based networking principles is an asset
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada.
The successful applicant must also be capable of ITAR clearance for project related, TAA controlled, information.
Please only apply via the GD Career site www.gdcanada.com.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...