GD Canada is anticipating the future award of a new contract with GDLS-Canada for a new Light Armoured Vehicle (LAV) Command, Control, Communication and Computer (C4) System. The C4 System Project will be performed to satisfy the requirement of the GDLS-Canada for a new fleet of LAVs for use by an International Customer. GD Canada will design, integrate, manufacture, deliver and support the C4 System for installation by GDLS-C in London, Ontario. The LAV C4 System Project will integrate proven GDC4S and GD Canada products along with customer supplied Intercom, Router, Sensors and Radio to form a modern tactical vehicle C4I solution.
The project includes all phases including System Design, Software and Hardware Design, System Integration and System Validation. Following the Engineering Phase, the project will lead into production and through life support services. The Project will be a multi-site development in Ottawa and Calgary with activities involving both C3ISS and Vetronics Business Areas.
This role is part of the Program Management organization and reports on a day-to-day basis to the assigned Manager(s) to support related Engineering and Project Management teams. This position requires considerable liaison between engineering and project management and staff at all levels.
- Create, organize and maintain activity-based plans and project schedules, including input to Engineering and Project Management Plans.
- Define, document and administer integrated databases to capture engineering and project related data such as: requirements; configurations; problem reports; action items; risks and review minutes.
- Research, collect and report data for presentations, schedule status updates and program reviews.
- Generate weekly metrics related to project execution and schedule performance.
- Coordinate and drive the timely, periodic update of the schedule.
- Report on task performance as defined in project management and engineering plans.
- Monitor project financials and budgets, liaise with project financial analysts to update cost information and determine cost plan variances, assist with estimates-to-completion, and assist with using correct charge codes.
- Assist with contract close-out activities, including deficiency list preparation and estimates, collection of close-out documentation and related closure activities such as spares coordination.
- Other special or necessary project related duties as requested by the PM, DPM, Engineering Manager or others.
Relevant Project Management, Business or Technical Diploma or Certificate; demonstrated equivalent experience will be considered.
Advantage: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or Project Management Professional (PMP) in training.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in a technical project environment.
- Advanced working knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office, specifically: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook, with experience in database input and reporting.
- Experience in data analysis and generation of metrics.
- Intermediate or working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, and Access would be an asset.
This position requires considerable liaison between engineering and project management staff members at all levels, and it is essential that the successful candidate demonstrate the following aptitudes:
- Organized: Ability to multi-task by planning and prioritizing tasks. Flexible to changing priorities.
- Communications: Deliver clear, concise and professional communications in both spoken and written forms.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively with various disciplines to accomplish work objectives.
- Initiative: Work independently and proactively to complete tasks appropriately and on time, and seek guidance in situations of uncertainty or urgency.
- Problem solving: Effectively assess problems and determine workable solutions.
- Ability to take initiative and quickly learn new tools
- Employ strong staff coordination skills
- Encourage innovation and development within the team to find better ways to work
- Ownership: Takes clear ownership for the quality and data integrity of the schedule and related reporting.
In anticipation of contract award, General Dynamics Canada will be making contingent offers of employment to satisfy the requirement of the program
Please apply through the GD Canada website www.gdcanada.com under careers to have your resume considered
Indeed - 15 months ago
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...