Junior System Integration and Test Engineer - IMS MHP
Requisition # 1765157
Job Location Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Job Stream Engineering
Job Type Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date of Employment ASAP
Travel Required Not Required
Educational Requirements Bachelors Degree
Languages Required English
Security Clearance Required Secret
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As part of the Integrated Mission System (IMS) Verification and Validation Team, Test Engineers will carry out various duties including supporting the system and software development effort and testing Mission Data Management System (MDMS) software across a variety of external interfaces to sensor mission systems, using a number of different communications channels and protocols.
The selected candidate(s) will work closely with a team of highly skilled professionals in a collaborative environment. High team participation and cooperation is essential, as the role involves liaising with systems designers, software developers and integration and test engineers from other areas within MHP.
The responsibilities of the Test Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting requirements analysis and design review;
- Developing test cases that validate system and software level requirements;
- Executing test cases as the primary tester on aircraft simulation;
- Generating Problem Reports;
- Participation in Integrated Product Teams;
- Providing input to the Team Lead for IMS V&V Team on schedule development, schedule progress, and risks;
- Maintaining and improving lab scripts.
- Successful candidate must be able to support shift work during 24/7 test cycles
Minimum 1 year of test experience, in a design and development environment.
Proven experience with requirement analysis, system design, integration and test processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge and use of DOORS would be an asset.
- Knowledge and use of ClearCase and ClearQuest would be an asset.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, with minimum supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Familiarity with SEI-CMMI processes will be an asset.
- Able to obtain a NATO Secret security clearance
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
www.gdcanada.com under the career section