NATO AGS is a NATO Program to provide global Ground Surveillance capability for all of NATO. It includes the provision of Global Hawk Aircraft, Operating and data exploitation facilities in Siganella, Italy and mobile data exploitation facilities capable of being deployed to support ground operations anywhere in the world.
General Dynamics Canada is subcontractor to the Prime, NGISSI, and is the lead Canadian company on the NATO AGS Program. GD Canada is responsible for providing three key product and services areas in support of the NATO AGS Program
- A Communications Group Controller System application to allow the configuration, status and control of all communication devices at the Main Operating Base for connectivity through both line of sight and satellite communications anywhere the system is operated and deployed.
- Remote workstations to be used for data exploitation at the Main Operating Base or deployed as part of the mobile assets.
- Voice over IP Internal Communication and Recording System for use at the Main Operating Base.
The NATO AGS team is currently looking for a Junior Software Engineer to work in Ottawa. Reporting to the NATO AGS Engineering Manager and under the direction of Software Leads, Junior software engineers work within a team of highly skilled professionals in a collaborative environment with high team participation and cooperation. Junior software engineers take day-to-day direction from Team Leads, and work with senior and working level engineers assigned to the project.
- Assisting and supporting lead engineers and team members
- Support software requirements development and review
- Performing basic design and analysis functions based on requirements
- Documenting the analysis and design in accordance with design standards
- Implement software components in accordance with development standards
- Develop and conduct unit testing of software components
- Support software component integration and system integration
- Participate in code reviews
- All other duties as required
- Ability to develop software in at least one of the following languages: C/C++/C#
- Ability to apply problem solving skills to daily activities
- Experience with software engineering processes and tools
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Enthusiastic contributor, willingness to learn new skills and takes on ownership of work
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in Communications systems development would be an asset
- Experience with integration of Voice Over IP with analogue systems would be an asset
- Experience with one or more of the following would be an asset:
- AT commands
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science or related technical/engineering degree
- Up to 10% travel required
- The successful candidate must be eligible to obtain and hold NATO SECRET clearance with a COMSEC caveat, secret clearance typically requires 10 years residency in Canada.
- The Candidate must be able to be cleared for ITAR
To be considered you are required to apply directly through the GD Canada website www.gdcanada.com
Indeed - 14 months ago
At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products and systems that...