At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible!
Within the CH-147 Medium Heavy Lift Helicopter (MHLH) In-Service Support (ISS) program, General Dynamics Canada will support the deployment of the CH-147 Chinook Helicopter fleet located at the Main Operating Base (MOB) at CFB Petawawa in Ontario.
The successful candidate will join the Contractor Field Office (CFO) Support team and represent the General Dynamics Canada Contract Management Office (CMO) as the on-site, company FSR at CFB Petawawa.
In this role, you will actively participate and provide advice and support to the customer’s maintenance providers in accordance with the Department of National Defence (DND) publications along with Boeing standard procedures, processes, and practices. The all encompassing CFO Support activities will involve work in the domain of Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Engineering, which involves:
- RAM Performance Metric Reviews;
- Maintenance Data Collection System Support;
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Support;
- Maintenance Reviews and Scoring Board meetings with Boeing/DND; and
- Interfaces and Status Reporting;
In addition to the RAM Engineering activities, described above, the FSR must also support the CMO by participating in both Integrated Logistics Support (ILS); and Structural Integrity Support activities to collect, collate and report both ILS and structural integrity data to the CMO.
The candidates shall have a significant amount of demonstrated Helicopter experience and knowledge in aircraft maintenance procedures, practices, and maintenance engineering standards and specifications to support the execution of maintenance for the CH-147 Chinook. The candidates must be highly motivated and enthusiastic and preferably have experience with installation, test and troubleshooting both aircraft and avionics systems.
Must react to diverse situations independently, accurately and under direct scrutiny of the customer; Respond effectively to a variety of customer authorities, some of whom may have high rank and responsibility and influence; Calls upon knowledge of company and Boeing processes and MOB facilities to respond to customer situations.
The FSR will take responsibility for and initiative to:
- Support provision of procedures, repairs advice, and associated technical data to perform maintenance.
- Conduct research on technical, maintenance, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer
- Maintain knowledge of Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM) and standards for maintenance data and post-delivery aircraft modifications
- Support the development and maintenance of technical data to support the resolution of problems related to aircraft components and systems to support safe and efficient operation and continued airworthiness.
- Apply your technical knowledge to analyze and resolve customer maintenance requirements, questions and concerns, interfacing with CMO and Boeing technical experts when appropriate
- Serve as the interface from the CFO to the customer as well as the MOB maintenance providers. This includes participating in meetings both internal and with the customer, participating in meetings with the CMO, developing metrics and coordinating technical solutions with the customer as well as with Boeing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers and support process improvements.
- Support CMO on risk management, process, plan and policy improvements and technical strategies.
- Other related duties as required.
- At least 4-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to interact effectively with Customers and Team Members.
- Familiarity with rotary wing aircraft systems and/or maintenance training simulators.
- Familiarity with aircraft mission systems.
- Familiarity with Information Technology and DND networking procedures and guidelines.
- Experience with MIL-STD systems and environments.
- Willing to learn and adapt to new methods and procedures.
- Willing to actively participate in the decision making process.
- Accept personal accountability to the team and to external / internal customers.
- Must be able to provide, as well as receive, constructive feedback.
Three year Community College diploma, as a Technologist, or equivalent Military training.
- Must be willing to be permanently located to the Petawawa, ON area.
- Must be able to obtain NATO Secret security clearance
- Must be able to travel to the United States and Ottawa.
To be considered please only apply through our company website