At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible!
Our employees are exceptional! General Dynamics Canada is proud to employ over 1400 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our people are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Canada is Canada’s premiere defense company. We have achieved a worldwide reputation for excellence in the production of leading-edge, highly-complex, technology-based, integrated solutions for land, airborne and maritime applications.
Purpose of Position:
An Intermediate Estimator (IE) is able to plan, organize and execute a small to medium size estimate and works under a more senior Estimator and/or Manager. Their main role is to estimate of bid proposal costs, generate costing reports and develop fact finding documentation. They may also be called upon to perform estimates, support cost volume discussions and implement recommended pricing strategies
Under the direction of a more senior Estimator and/or Manager, plans, organizes, and executes small to medium size estimates by supporting the following:
Duties and Tasks:
- Supports the proposal process, review presentations and submission deadlines by collecting & compiling approved cost & pricing data, certifications & representations, disclosures, program schedule, work breakdown structure dictionary, assumptions, understandings & clarifications, etc. with guidance.
- Produces cost trade studies involving multiple scenarios to support DTC (Design to Cost), PTW (Price/Position to Win) and pricing strategies with guidance.
- Produces the cost volume requirements and formats (USA RFP (Request for Proposal) section L) for the commercial volume with guidance.
- Produces artifacts that meet the internal audit requirements for DOA (Delegation of Authority), Company Standard Procedures, Estimating housekeeping, metrics & CRM (Customer Relationship Management) with guidance.
- Supports in validating conformance to GD (General Dynamics) Canada & GD C4S (Command, Control, Communications, and Computers Systems) Bidding & Estimating policy as well as all legal & regulatory requirements, and all disclosure requirements, and submits final proposal cost volume for Contracts Management review with guidance.
Produces the analysis for fact finding, contract negotiations and/or contract changes with guidance.
- GD (General Dynamics) Canada Contracts, Finance
- GD (General Dynamics) Canada Engineering, and Program Management
- Travel may be required up to 20%
- Reports day-to-day to Pricing Manager and/or Senior or Working Estimator
Performs analysis of moderate complexity that requires the review of a variety of factors
Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of CRM (Customer Relationship Management), EMPS2 (Estimating Material Pricing System 2) and BOE (Basis of Estimate) spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Databases including the Oracle software application
- Working knowledge in the PWGSC (Public Works and Government Services Canada) Acquisition Regulations, Cost Accounting Standards, GD (General Dynamics) Canada and GD C4S (Command, Control, Communications, and Computers Systems) policies and procedures
- Working knowledge in the WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and how it relates to the SOW (Statement of Work)
- Working knowledge in the Government contracting and pricing requirements
- Familiarity in the RFP (Request For Proposal) analysis and Contract analysis techniques
- Familiarity in the proposal content, requirements, and preparation techniques for a variety of program types
- Familiarity in the proposal pricing, bidding and estimating, rates and/or compliance concepts, techniques, and procedures
- Average written and verbal communication skills
- Above average mathematical aptitude and analytical skills
- Developing negotiation and influencing skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance or equivalent
- Tends to have between 2-4 years of work experience
Please only submit your resume through our career website www.gdcanada.com
Indeed - 20 months ago
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...