At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible!
Our employees are exceptional! General Dynamics Canada is proud to employ over 1400 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our people are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Canada is Canada’s premiere defense company. We have achieved a worldwide reputation for excellence in the production of leading-edge, highly-complex, technology-based, integrated solutions for land, airborne and maritime applications.
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Services, the Senior Commercial Officer is responsible for the administration and support of various commercial functional areas, including: the pre-contractual phase of commercial management, contract negotiations, development, execution and closeout activities.
At the senior level, the Commercial Officer is expected to be able to support any type of commercial issue and prime/sub-contract with little support, contribute to company-wide strategies through the development of commercial initiatives; and playing a key role on helping impact key business objectives through Commercial support and development of complex commercial strategies specific to the business.
With little or no direction from the Commercial Services Manager, provides the following support:
- Manages the full pre-contractual phase of commercial management, including the completion of NDAs, bailment agreements, collateral agreements including but not limited to TAA's, Teaming Agreements, etc. with minimal or no oversight.
- Manages the full proposal process, review presentations and submission deadlines by collecting & compiling necessary commercial data, certifications & representations, disclosures, program schedules, work breakdown structures dictionary, assumptions, understandings & clarifications, etc. with minimal or no oversight.
- Interprets and/or develops business case studies involving multiple scenarios to support such things has DTC (Design to Cost), PTW (Price/Position to Win) and other pricing strategies in addition to bid or no bid decisions with minimal or no oversight, and is able to make decisions based upon such studies.
- Interprets and/or develops the overall commercial volume requirements including all required certifications and formats with minimal or no oversight.
- Manages and ensures conformance to GD Canada & GD C4S policy & procedures as well as all legal & regulatory requirements, and all disclosure requirements, and submits final proposal commercial volume for mgmt review with minimal or no oversight.
Negotiations & Execution
- Interprets and/or develops, through solid planning and reporting writing, the analysis for fact finding, contract negotiations/changes/closeout with minimal or no oversight.
- Completely manages the negotiation process through solid development of proper negotiation strategy, financial & legal data to support, creating 'negotiation parameters', issue tracking, and summarizing final positions with minimal or no oversight and is the company spokesperson.
- Interprets and/or develops artifacts that facilitate the loading of Oracle, meet the internal and external audit requirements, all DOA (Delegation of Authority) requirements, Company Standard Procedures, metrics & Customer Relationship Management (CRM) requirements with minimal or no oversight.
- Interprets and/or develops commercial summaries of program status using contract files, company, vendor, and/or customer correspondence, contract & amendment files, accounts receivable status, completion of contract closeout, etc. with no oversight.
Other / Special Projects
- Interfaces with GD Canada Estimating, Finance, Engineering, Program Management, Customers, Executive GD Canada management, Executive GD C4S management, including commercial primes and GD primes, Internal & External Auditors.
- Development of Business Area specific reports/stats
- Develop and conduct presentations up to the VP level and/or customers/external stakeholders
- Review, development, and roll out of policies and procedures across the company
- Input to Commercial Services Systems personnel on new tools and reports; may be required to participate the implementation and roll out of new tools as a contributor of as a Lead
- Point of contact and/or delegate for when Commercial Manager is away
- Takes a lead in the management of major subcontractor activities for various programs and/or with indirect contracting involved with the company's operations with minimal or no oversight.
- Is a direct contributing member of the senior program staff (with Program Managers, Chief Engineers, etc.) in the management of customer programs by participating in contract review/change boards, internal program review meetings, operational program review meetings, customer reviews, key design reviews, etc. with minimal or no oversight.
- Is able to aid in the development and communication of an offset strategy and develop necessary reports while involving other internal stakeholders and management as required.
Manage complex Commercial and company-wide projects as assigned from initiation through a planned management of change and sustainability.
- Progressive experience in a similar Commercial Services/Contracts role with 8 + years of experience
- Previous experience leading different project initiatives either within Commercial Services/Contracts Management and/or the supporting company
- Typically requires a minimum of 8+ years of related experience. At this level, post-graduate coursework may be desirable.
- Post secondary degree in Business Commerce, Law or other related field (is strongly recommended) and/or equivalent qualifications/experience.
- Certified Procurement or Contracting designation (PMAC, NCMA, CCCM) or law degree would be considered an asset
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position which requires a minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada.
To be considered, you must apply directly through the GD Canada career webpage at www.gdcanada.com
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...