General Cable

General Cable Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and engaging work enviornment
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch monthly.
learned the general overview of the cable production process
Saw various demonstrations about how to adjust and correct an error in multiple processes.
loved it
laborer (Former Employee), Montoursville, PAMay 8, 2014
I would have retired from this place. The pay was great had great benefits, very positive work place.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIApril 30, 2014
Pros: keeps you busy, nice people
Cons: short breaks, lack of communication
I worked there for a while but was laid off due to a union issue. I was hired as a temp and they were not allowed to hire a temp. I was brought back for a job that paid less money in a different area.
Establish the entire business plan in the country
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Located in EgyptApril 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break and healthcare
Analyze the market, and channels of business for distribution.
Great people, environment and place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, TNApril 19, 2014
Can't say enough about the employees that work here that helped to make the Jackson, Tn. plant of the year in 2012
Good pay for the area
End Sealer/Fabricator (Current Employee), IllinoisMarch 27, 2014
Good pay for the area I live in. Management is okay. Some will help you out, others won't. No room for advancement.
Already reviewed
Associate Engineer (Current Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 14, 2014
Already reviewed in a previous review. I began at this company in 2011 and am currently still employed here.
Excellent experience with my chosen profession
Extruder Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2014
With general cable i learned alot of the process and functions of various audio and industrial cables and got a first hand experience at how there made, and the quality for which they are held against. The coworkers were some of the best, and very helpful in training me. The most enjoyable part of my time here was working hands on with audio products – more... i knew intimately and gave 100% of my attention to detail to. It was a culmination of all of the skills i gathered in manufacturing and audio training. – less
Strong work/life balance
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: open door policy
I enjoy the people I work with at this company as most are tenured employees who have had a steady career at General Cable.
Typical warehouse environment
General laborer (Current Employee), Lebanon, INJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
It's a typical warehouse. You learn typical warehouse management. My coworkers are typical warehouse coworkers. The hardest part of my job is typical warehouse work. The most enjoyable part of my day is that its a typical warehouse.
Fun place to work and great friends
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), Scottsville, TexasJanuary 5, 2014
General Cable was an awesome place to work. I enjoyed my job very much. My co-workers were awesome and made my time working for the company enjoyable. I miss all my friends that I made while working there.
It's okay, depends on where you are in your career
Engineering (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great place to work if you are just starting in a career or at the end of your career, lots of development programs for entry-level engineers, if you want to be left alone toward the end of your career, you can hang low and they will never recognize you, so you are all set!
Cons: not a good mid-career employer, no investment in growth and old school management philosophy
Lots of clicks even with CEO. Only sales and IT are recognized and given accolades. Although regardless of which department your are in, upper management will be the first to criticize and never give you the resources to be successful. Instead pile on more and more and you get no flexibility in the process. Very old school narrow minded employer philosophy – more... that doesn't believe in any progressive policies or work/life balance. Customers and shareholders are #1 priority,and employees are expendable. Pay increases are nonexistent, you may get a cost of living adjustment every 1 1/2 - 2 years and if you work really hard you may get a bonus here and there but there is no investment in long term development, such asTuition Reimbursement. – less
It is very professional
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2013
My Work Day varies based on the deliverable.
I learned the legacy business model of the cable company.
I have learned the managing the teams and leadership.
All the co-workers are friendly and helping.
Hardest part is to coordinate offshore teams and travel very short notice.
Good family oriented environment
Production Manufacturer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: straight pay throughout the day
Cons: rotating shifts
On a daily basis in order to better my ability as an employee I inquire information to be a more versatile person within the company. Management is always relating to the fact that I want to be able to provide myself as an employee that can "do all", given the opportunity. My co-workers are informative, and hard working individuals. I would say that – more... is the most enjoyable part of the working day, being a part of a good work ethic based crew. – less
great job
SR. Marketing Analyst Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2013
great company! great people, great atmosphere. hey are a fortune 500 company globally known
Great job
CV Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsville TexasAugust 19, 2013
Pros: working at a fast pace, the co-workers were awesome to work with
Cons: no breaks benafits were not that great
Typical day was checking the lenghts of cable makeing sure the line was running properly recoding the reels of cables checking the od of cable.
Great work place
Material handler (Former Employee), Altoona, PAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: everything
Great place to work as an assembler and material handler for a production company.
Typical maufacturing experience with excellant pay.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lawrenceburg, KYJuly 17, 2013
Operator of machinery. Co-workers old and crabby, worst part of the job is the extreme heat during the summer. I enjoyed the postion because it allowed for days off during the week and paid well.
Very productive Fortune 500 Company
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJuly 10, 2013
Pros: cafe and exercise room
Cons: so large you didnt know everyone
A typical day consist of multi-tasking and providing the most up to date information for all employees,
nothing good
picker (Former Employee), Lebanon, INMay 22, 2013
Cons: job is unsafe amd managment sucks
it sucked dont ever work for them. my co workers were fine but the pay was to small for the job and it was an unsafe job

1 2 3