Gendon Polymer Services
Location: Bolton, ON
Reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor, this full-time position will be responsible for operation of a extrusion line producing wire and cable compounds. The incumbent will be responsible for the operation of the extruder and supervise the kneader operator. The hours of work are 12 hour shifts, both days and nights.
About Gendon Polymer Services Inc:
- Gendon Polymers is a wholly owned division of the Marmon group, a Berkshire Hathaway company and is situated in Bolton, Ontario.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits and education package with substantial opportunities for the correct person.
- We are experts in formulating and manufacturing of environmentally friendly flame retardant compounds for a variety of specialized fields and sell worldwide to some of the largest Wire and Cable companies.
- Salary will commensurate with experience and education.
- Sets up machine and workstation in accordance to standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for line changeovers and screen/die changes.
- Uses tools and visual inspection to check for quality defects.
- Completes necessary paperwork at the end of production runs.
Education: Secondary School Diploma
Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years proven, hands on working experience, ideally in plastics manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer skills
- Detail oriented with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Organized, self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to perform at a high level in a team environment.
- Ability to work all shifts as required.