GENCO

GENCO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive order puller
Order Puller (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 10, 2014
Have a meeting to get daily quota, have a digital gun to download the order to pull and put in a palet to be shipped. Enjoyed looking for parts to be shipped and learned the shipping and receiving procedures, friendly co-workers with fast paced environment and to meet daily quotas
The more you do the more they expect
forklift driver (Former Employee), Ogden, UtahFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: the more you did the more they expected no recognition for your hard work
Drive forklift picked orders. I really didn't learn anything new, they would not train on new equipment. There is a lot of favoritism against employees so pretty much if they didn't like you as a person you did not move up or get trained on anything new. Management favored women and most of the time were inappropriate. The hardest thing here was dealing – more... with management and not getting trained on anything. The most enjoyable part of this job was the exercise. – less
Well managed, structured and positive attitudes
I currently lead a team at (Current Employee), Camberley SurreyFebruary 6, 2014
Well structured plans lead to positive working environments. a high degree of personal responsibility is encouraged but always fully supported from the head office and directors.
Genco is safe work environment .
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: genco has a cafeteria to provide meals for teammates .
Cons: genco does not approve of smoking on property
Genco is a very safe company to work for. I like working for this company because they are actively involved with our community for fund raiser of all kinds to help people in need. Genco is a competitive work force and believes in rewarding teammates for a job well done.
I begin my day by closing out BL's and getting ready to ship product to other facilities. – more... Then after all processes are completed for shipping, I begin scanning new material from EMR to process , for shipping the next day. My co-workers are all very helpful in all processes with my job responsibilities. The hardest part of my job is keeping priorities in order. My manager is very understanding when family issues occur. Some managers are young and new at dealing with alot of different personalities, however , they are on the right track for being a really good manager to work for. The most enjoyable part of my job is having teammates to work with, who have a great sence of humor. – less
Taking a challenge in this environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: work well with my co workers
A typical day of work can be challenging sometime but you work through it. I learned a lot from this job. I think their is always room for improvement. I might not always agree with what management have for us fellow teammate sometime but you work through it. The best part of the day is when work is done and time to get home..
No Room for Advancement
Radio Frequency Scanner (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: off three days
Cons: environment
Warehouse job, whereas the work involved a lot of heavy lifting. Management is not that professional, with the exception of two managers/supervisors. Very cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
It was a fun place to work at. They just wanted u too scan to many parts a hour.
RF Gun Scanner/Material Handler (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Was fun scanning bulk parts, coming off the traliers. Learned a lot on computers, management and co-workers. Were hard working people.
Fun place
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Was a good place to work. Always busy, which makes the days go by faster.
Nice job but not somewhere to make a career
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day is you come in at 5am and do your inspection on your lift. Then I sign into the onboard computer/scanner and it gives me certain jobs to do through out the day
Productive place to work, learned many new things
TM (Current Employee), Braselton, GAJanuary 14, 2014
Great Company to work for! Great Co workers...a lot o
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Genco
Driver (Current Employee), Graniteville, SCJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day at work consist of riding a fork lift for eleven hours and fifteen minutes a day. While working I ship and receive products to and from the distribution center.
Great coworkers
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: you received a lunch and two breaks
Cons: the supervisors and managers would not communicate so well with employees
It was a great environment to succeed in because there were always job postings to move up in the company.
Teammate Services---Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2014
I love helping people and that is what I did each and every day.
GENCO
Expedite Specialist (Former Employee), Lebanon TNJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: open door policy.
Cons: no sick pay
I worked at multiple facilities in multiple states. GENCO is a third party logistics that runs warehouses for companies such as Dell. I worked at GENCO/Reebok, GENCO/Nike and GENCO/Dell. It is a great place to work. The only reason I left was because I moved.
It was not what I figure it to be
Recycle (Former Employee), columbus, ohioDecember 30, 2013
Pros: no!
Cons: to short
The job I had there was not what I liked because it was not a productive job. It was alright for the income I needed but was not the most injoyable job I ever had becuase you did not move around.
Simple but not quite worth it
Courier (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJDecember 19, 2013
Due to recent pay cuts, this job is not worth it anymore.
We pay for our own gas.
We use our own car.
Two bills that eventually add up to more than your getting in paycheck.

The pros about this job it that it is simple and there is not much conversation involved.
Timing is everything, but can be done.
Could be a great warehouse to work at with team work.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Hazleton, PADecember 18, 2013
Pros: created a great team with great working relations.
Cons: poor healthcare, poor management
I enjoy the team that I work with. The hardest part of my job is poor management and the unbelievable mess that my team walks into to start their shift. I have learned that without team work it is very hard to accomplish any goal.
Old school Lordship of managment. Aways wants one more
EMR SR Technical Support Technician (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNDecember 18, 2013
Pros: you will get the pay that you work for.
Cons: for every hour you work there feels like 2 or 3
It is simple you always stand at the bottom of the food chain.You will never achieve your goals if being the best at what you do is your goal. Due to the fact the the company always wants one more.

What ever you do there is not ever going to be enough. They always want one more. Old school employee managerial adversarial workplace culture is never – more... fun. Exchanging ideas and being a team is really not possible in that setting.

Working there is the next thing to prison. – less
Easy and fun workplace
Packing/ Picking (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 17, 2013
Pros: helpful employees
Cons: limited supplies
Working at Genco was very nice. Every morning, all the employees will meet together to do some stretching exercises to make sure no one pulls a muscle. But, there were few pallet jacks in the warehouse, so it was difficult for me gather many of the products I needed. Most of the co-workers are very nice and helpful to anyone who may need assistance.
started off great then went down hill
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee), Pontoon Beach, ILDecember 13, 2013
Pros: it's a job
typical day was picking pallets, management needs a lot of improvement,

About GENCO

Generations of businesses in need of third-party logistics have deferred to GENCO Distribution System. Founded in 1898, the company, also – Read more

GENCO Photos