GENCO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Genco
Driver (Current Employee), Graniteville, SCJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day at work consist of riding a fork lift for eleven hours and fifteen minutes a day. While working I ship and receive products to and from the distribution center.
Great coworkers
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: you received a lunch and two breaks
Cons: the supervisors and managers would not communicate so well with employees
It was a great environment to succeed in because there were always job postings to move up in the company.
Teammate Services---Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2014
I love helping people and that is what I did each and every day.
Expedite Specialist (Former Employee), Lebanon TNJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: open door policy.
Cons: no sick pay
I worked at multiple facilities in multiple states. GENCO is a third party logistics that runs warehouses for companies such as Dell. I worked at GENCO/Reebok, GENCO/Nike and GENCO/Dell. It is a great place to work. The only reason I left was because I moved.
It was not what I figure it to be
Recycle (Former Employee), columbus, ohioDecember 30, 2013
Pros: no!
Cons: to short
The job I had there was not what I liked because it was not a productive job. It was alright for the income I needed but was not the most injoyable job I ever had becuase you did not move around.
Simple but not quite worth it
Courier (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJDecember 19, 2013
Due to recent pay cuts, this job is not worth it anymore.
We pay for our own gas.
We use our own car.
Two bills that eventually add up to more than your getting in paycheck.

The pros about this job it that it is simple and there is not much conversation involved.
Timing is everything, but can be done.
Could be a great warehouse to work at with team work.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Hazleton, PADecember 18, 2013
Pros: created a great team with great working relations.
Cons: poor healthcare, poor management
I enjoy the team that I work with. The hardest part of my job is poor management and the unbelievable mess that my team walks into to start their shift. I have learned that without team work it is very hard to accomplish any goal.
Old school Lordship of managment. Aways wants one more
EMR SR Technical Support Technician (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNDecember 18, 2013
Pros: you will get the pay that you work for.
Cons: for every hour you work there feels like 2 or 3
It is simple you always stand at the bottom of the food chain.You will never achieve your goals if being the best at what you do is your goal. Due to the fact the the company always wants one more.

What ever you do there is not ever going to be enough. They always want one more. Old school employee managerial adversarial workplace culture is never – more... fun. Exchanging ideas and being a team is really not possible in that setting.

Working there is the next thing to prison. – less
Easy and fun workplace
Packing/ Picking (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 17, 2013
Pros: helpful employees
Cons: limited supplies
Working at Genco was very nice. Every morning, all the employees will meet together to do some stretching exercises to make sure no one pulls a muscle. But, there were few pallet jacks in the warehouse, so it was difficult for me gather many of the products I needed. Most of the co-workers are very nice and helpful to anyone who may need assistance.
started off great then went down hill
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee), Pontoon Beach, ILDecember 13, 2013
Pros: it's a job
typical day was picking pallets, management needs a lot of improvement,
a challanging and fast company to work for
SHIPPING CLERK (Current Employee), McDonough, GADecember 8, 2013
Pros: full time employee, office personel and no more working in the heat or cold
Cons: no sick leave and the benefits are aweful
My overall review of Genco is you feel like everyone is your second family. We have had some management turn overs and its a lot like starting over. I have been there for 2 1/2 years and i work with some amazing people. I really enjoy my job, but i would like to work for a company with a retirement plan as well as good benefits. I have really learned – more... a lot in the shipping department since i have been there, but i also have a lot to learn. I think that my job now has been my chaling one so far. – less
Productive Work Place
Assembly Line Worker/Material Handler (Current Employee), McDonough, GADecember 5, 2013
Pros: check every week
Cons: getting use to standing on your feet all night
Well first off you get assigned to a line that you will be working on. Its basically common sense I mean either you will be placing things on the line onto a pallet, wrapping the pallet, or building the boxes for the materials being shipped out in. Management at the warehouse was cool but at the same time they were strict, so that we could make our – more... production for that day. Majority of my co-workers were hard working and fun to work with. I wouldn't say the job had a hard point and I enjoyed each and every moment of work – less
Awful
slave (Former Employee), effingham ilNovember 25, 2013
100 degrees in the place. Was scolded for having coffee in my coffee cup but water wouldve been ok. The clincher was throwing off my shirt in the 100 degree heat and getting chewed out cause my pack of cigarettes stuck one inch out of the pocket. See ya. Send me what you owe me.
Productive Workplace
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long days
I typical don't do the same thing day after day. The nature of job leads to a lot of difficult assignments.
Personnel Apprentice (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 18, 2013
fast pace work environment always have to keep moving and make sure all produce is put away and clear from any danger.
Screw this place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lemoyne, PANovember 12, 2013
Cons: bad forklifts bad computer horrible bosses and horrible co workers no job securty
if you cant do what the computer expects you to do in the amount of time it says for you to do it then dont bother working here cause you will break your back keeping up with this thing and the pay sucks the people suck and management dont care about you at all they just want there work done and they will make you stay as long as it takes to get it – more... done no notice no help just keep going working you like a dog – less
THIS IS THE WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO WORK FOR *EDWARDSVILLE IL*
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILNovember 12, 2013
Pros: a couple years ago you got a lot of free stuff.
Cons: the pay, management, everything
This is the worst place to work because they expect you do be a robot in all areas, you can't make a human mistake without getting wrote up for it (8 write ups will get you fired). You have impossible deadlines that they expect you to meet no matter whats going on around you for example, loading a trailer with 70+ pallets while someone on the right – more... is loading 70+ pallets and on the left some on is unloading 50+ pallets. Management has no clue how to run a warehouse well not all but most of them, and the ones that see the problem can't say anything because there is a 99% chance he/she will be somehow retaliated against. Racism IS tolerated and this is coming from someone who witnessed it. They will try to screw you over any and every way they can. If your shift ends at 3 and you are on a 8 hour shift you can't make plans because at 2:45 yes 15 minutes before you are scheduled to leave you will see a message saying mandatory overtime that same day for up to 4 hours extra. I could go on and on but I might run out of space so those are some of the major reasons why this place is horrible to work for. Another thing if you start as a temp nobody with a red badge has any respect for you unless you know some key people, and remember to watch what you say to certain people you never know who is related at Genco. – less
Decent place to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Tooele, UTNovember 4, 2013
Pros: family type atmosphere.
Cons: location made it hard at times to get quality teammates.
Manage day to day operations. I learned Kaizen. People are very nice and success driven. Hardest part was getting information from the corporate level. I love working with people how share the same vision, motivated by goals.
My work was enjoyable.
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXOctober 23, 2013
Pros: unsupervised and sent reports to superiors by email, was audited every month (received award for excellent inventories).
Cons: upper management was not welcoming in receiving suggestions on bettring the processes.
My specific area of expertise was great. I was constrained in working with clients by upper management who was not able to keep up with their workload. My workload was heavy. I am very organized and broke up my day into two times-morning business and afternoon business. This 2 step process kept me ahead of the curve and helped me go above and beyond – more... was what was expected of me. – less
It wasn't a bad job. Kind of enjoyed it.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Marion, OHSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: all the overtime you wanted.
Cons: froze in the winter and burnt up in the summer.
The working conditions were not exactly the best. And there was alot of favortisim going on. But if you did your job they left you alone.

About GENCO

Generations of businesses in need of third-party logistics have deferred to GENCO Distribution System. Founded in 1898, the company, also – Read more

GENCO Photos