GENCO

GENCO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting dynamics
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TX 76177August 18, 2014
Cons: good ole boys club
Before it was sold it was a great company to work for. Upper management was not as connected as they should have been. There are many good mid-level managers within the company.
Fast working environment
Shipping / Picking (Former Employee), Winder, GAAugust 13, 2014
Stack pallets with dog food
Pick orders for numerous stores around the country
Wrap / Run
Keep work area neat and tidy
fun job with good incentives
Licensed forklift/walkie rider/man up operator (Current Employee), edwardsville, ilAugust 10, 2014
Pros: incentive checks each quarter and quarterly meeting with free lunch
Cons: management skills need to improve a bit
I have a good day at work every day and work with great people. The management there is kind of off sometimes and cant make up their mind on where they want to place their employees each night. the job itself is very simple and easy but its very boring and cold every night because the Hershey chocolate has to stay cool so it doesn't melt.
I really enjoyed my job and duties but management was not that good. A few of us left to look for another job.
Inbound/Outbound Scheduler (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2014
I really enjoyed learning new skills and task that I performed on a daily basis. My co-workers were the best except for management. They really need to get some better management or they won't be able to keep staff. I put three years and a lot of pride in my work for the three years I was there.
liked the locker room that had a ping pong table
forklift driver warehouse associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2014
Pros: when we where buzy made the day easier
Cons: when we didnt have work was time for management to get on us
typical work day was morning streches what was on the game planned for the day if it was a light or heavy day or a day to catch up on house keeping other co workers where good to get along with and that helped the day go by faster to have co workers on the same page on what has to get done by the end of th day managment what can i say they gave us the – more... tools we needed in order to get the job done was the workers job to get it done – less
always something to do
International Traffic Specialist (Former Employee), Hebron, KYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: ops manager never fired anyone over job proformence.
Cons: management
my location was a very lean location. meaning no room for advancement. when there was room for advancement, in my 5 years of being with the company. they hired from within.

hebron/ky
Poor Management
Case Picker (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: really can not find any
Cons: management scare tactics and lousy hr management
There are a few posts on here about the Hazleton facility and I have to agree with all of them. The corporate office is aware that there is a problem with HR and the management team in Hazleton but does nothing to help fix it. The newest tactic used by management is them begging us not to leave for better paying jobs and telling us the grass is not – more... greener. Then we are threatened with not being rehired if you ever wanted to come back. Why would I want to come back to unsafe low wage warehouse for a second round? If Genco was really interested in keeping workers they would pay them more and actually care about them. Not only is the grass greener other places but there are not any dark storm clouds hanging over them. – less
Horrible management team
Case Picker (Former Employee), Pontoon Beach, ILJuly 26, 2014
Managers will actually bring employees in front of others to yell at them. No sense of employee pride.
Great place to start a IT career
Domino Developer/Administrator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2014
They gave me my start. At the time it was a fun place and I learned a lot being able to rotate positions
I enjoyed working at Genco
Customer Service (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJuly 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at Genco. I learned a lot BOUT Canadian Exports working with the USDA Inspectors. The most enjoyable part of my job were the Customers I has the pleasure of working with.
fun work place
Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 14, 2014
incoming and out going outbounds, signing the customers in and out answering phone
Team work
Loader, Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Port Road Groveport , OH 43125July 13, 2014
Get the job done and be safe, remember the reason we come to work for? Family.
not bad
Cashier, assistant team lead, Flow team (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJuly 12, 2014
A mix of different types of people who all want to the same thing, working as a team. as other warehouse I have worked there are the good and bad in lead teams that are there
good pay and incentives
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PAJuly 7, 2014
good pay and yearly incentives but constant management changes make the work atmosphere chaotic
Okay
Warehouse Processor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2014
Work here only if you are okay with kissing up in order to get a better job within the company.
Good work place
Warhouse associate (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros good work place plenty of overtime Cons too much favoritism your opinion does not matter unless you hired on full time
Great work Environment and room for growth.
Technical Trainer/coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 2, 2014
Its a great company to work for, lots of team development.
various shifts,its very diverse people from all over the world.
Management so,so depending with personality.
Misleading.
EMR Technician (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 29, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: too many to list.
I applied for a Computer Technician which consisted of troubleshooting and repair or hardware. What I am actually doing is basic configuration of BIOS and labeling/boxing computers. Job posting said you must have an A+ Certification and 2 years experience with repair. Actual knowledge you must possess is a sixth grade education in my opinion.
A fast-paced workplace, warehouse environment
Fall out technician (Former Employee), lebanon, tnJune 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: there were none
A typical day at work was fast-paced with lot's of over-time. I learned a lot and was able to apply my skills of working on computers. The management and co-workers were pleasant to work with. There was no hard part to this job and working with computers was the most enjoyable.
A different experience, it had it's time in my life. It payed the bills.
Scanner/Trainer (Former Employee), Smyrna,TNJune 22, 2014
I was good at my job, great teammates and it's an overall good memory.

About GENCO

Generations of businesses in need of third-party logistics have deferred to GENCO Distribution System. Founded in 1898, the company, also – Read more