GENCO

GENCO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Productive work place
GM Order Picker/Selector/Team Member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2014
GENCO is one of the company that you can feel secure on your job. although its a physically labor job its okay I am having fun.
It's a great experience
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2013
Pros: jokes at work, the experience, the different certain types of individual i worked alongside
Cons: early mornings
A typical day at work, I start work at 6:20am,I go in sign in with the security then start sorting out what the overnight shifts left on the scanning line try to finish that before my first break which is at 9:30am (20 mins break). After the break I start sorting out the merchandise that the trailer dropped of on that and that what I do till the end of my shift which is 2:50pm. During my time at Genco I learned how to work under different circumstance and different people. The hardest part of the Job is the first hour because i start so early sometime I'm not always fully at the peak till about an hour into my shift but other than that its a pretty routine job. The most enjoyable part of the job i have to say is the break and the lunch break because all the employees get together to eat either inside the cafe or outside on the picnic table and all we do is just make jokes amongst each other and lighten up the mood.
No let up with work, fast paced.
REACH TRUCK OPERATOR (Former Employee), brantfordDecember 12, 2013
Pros: good long term employment
Cons: travel time
Great working environment. Co-workers are all professional so as the supervisors.
High Paced New Goals Daily
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 16, 2013
Warehouse job that put you to the test each day while at the same time working closely with other teammates to achieve the daily goals
No respect for core values. Internal politics comes first.
Superviseur (Current Employee), Coteau-du-lac, QCJune 10, 2013
Pros: average for all
Cons: poor communication and internal politics rules.
High management is not following the core value of the corporation and communicating info about the disrespect of core value to your superior may cost you your job.

Losts of internal unwriten politics to beware of.

Sadly, this is an ordinary place with big communication problems.

Installations are less than 5 years old. Opening of the Distribution Center in 2008. Makes that part easier.

Enormous turn over of employees and more or less up to date training system.

Must not meet with higher hiarchy alone in case of discontentment.
Very low pay for backbreaking labour..
Delta, 7003 Shipper (Former Employee), deltaMay 27, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: very low pay for extremely hard work.
I would personally not recommend working here for the amount of pay they were offering. They hassled you to work fast, but the cargo was over 100lbs each and the team was very understaffed...
Great Benefits- not the greatest people
Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, AB, CANMarch 13, 2013
Pros: extra days and hours off available.
Cons: hr officce is conmpletely rude and unhelpfull- they'd rather yell at you!
After working at the Genco in Calgary, AB, CAN. the benefits were great- extra days off, a place that really gives you the benefit of the doubt! the hours are reasonable- but they keep changing them slightly... the managers were pretty good- it seemed like when you had something to say- they would listen!! WARNING: don't go to the HR/Teammate services- you will get snarled or yelled at... very unproffessional and rude in that office!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoyed this job because it was very useful in my growth. A typical day at work is full of teamwork toward our common goal. Management is great. Co-workers are like family. The hardest part is learning new things but it's also the most enjoyable because it make our job worthwhile.
VERY GOOD COMPANY
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Plainfield, INJanuary 21, 2015
LOVED WORKING THERE THE TEAM WAS EXCILLENT .IT WAS A EASY GOING JOB
hi
Material Handler (Former Employee), Alliance, TexasJanuary 12, 2015
horrible dont work at all, they treat you like your below them and dont care about anyone at all thats why their turn over rate is too high
Easy going atmosphere
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: consistent breaks, time off work
Cons: healthcare and benefits, management
A typical day at Genco is fairly easy going, as long you keep a consistent work pace. Management is slowly coming along, went through numerous supervisors recently but currently have a steady group. The most enjoyable part of the day is being around a great group of coworkers, always helpful, willing to assist, friendly group of coworkers..
3PL...What more can I say....
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Avenel, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Depending on your customer; it can be a very enjoyable company to work for. As with most 3PL's, you manage to your customers demands. Good or bad.
Easy work liked the people
I got laid off was a temp. job (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: they give in the summer bbq and fun things for the family to do.
Cons: cant really think of any but getting laid off.
I would clock in then go to a group meeting. then start work i would take the paper work put it on my desk or work station. scan all kinds of items. put them in the right place for others to use. do the paper work as i finish carts or pallets. What i learned was you can never keep up when people are in a hurry lol. the management was good at least most of mine was some were like im here for a paycheck get your work done and we wont have a problem. i like my co-workers. me and another lady had fun we challenged each other to see who could get the most done each hour made the day go by faster. the hardest part of the job was getting to know how to do it as a new person. the best part of the day when you finished. just kidding. when me and my friend challenged each other . we did a lot of work and it was fun.
Great team atmosphere
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Chino, CADecember 25, 2014
Pros: great safety and team moral
Cons: 3rd party logistics
Working with many different people. teaching safety and bringing the best out of teammate to excel and enjoy their jobs.supervised a Fast paced pick/pack and order fulfillment department as well as the shipping department. scheduling deliveries and tracking orders, customer service
Not a fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2014
Pros: close parking lot
Cons: short breaks, poor management
Morning huddle then stretches and job assignments for the daily, hourly walk around checking on production ensuring safety and productivity, fill in where needed.
High expections, quick to add reprimands to files
Inbound Supervisor - Distribution Center (Former Employee), Four Oaks, NCDecember 16, 2014
Duties easy to learn. Safety very important. Hardest part of my job was no support from upper management
It's a job !!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lebec, CaliforniaDecember 11, 2014
Pros: plenty of work to be done
Cons: healthcare is lacking
When I needed a job they were willing to hire me, and I guess that's all I can really hoped for. It was a very far for me to travel because of gas prices. I was spending most of my pay check just to get there everyday.
waitress (Former Employee), LaytonDecember 4, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: energetic management
Loved working here. Coworkers were fun, training was fun. Management was involved and very active in the daily process. They had good cleanliness habits and safety procedures. Customers usually left happy and satisfied.The pay was not very well but usually servers do not get paid too good.
With 3PL's, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...
Forklift Operator/Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits and pto
Cons: average pay, only give you one 15 minute break (everywhere else i worked you got two in addition to your lunch)
The thing with 3PL's is even if you're with the same company, every site is different, and the differences can be astronomical. I can't speak for any other site except for the one I worked at in Cranbury, NJ. There was a rocky start with management at first. We went through two general managers before finding a solution. It was hard trying to get a new operation off the ground with so many managerial changes, but when things settled down and everyone got into their roles it was pretty good. They tended to hire warehouse personnel based more on if they'd be a good fit personality wise more so than experience. I didn't agree with that philosophy at first since most people didn't know too much, but I quickly realized we were able to build a close, team environment where everybody worked well together. And eventually the experience came with those that didn't have much before. Typical day for me consisted of using a stand up lift to put away pallets and pick orders. Quality inspect orders for damage and accuracy, and shipping out full truck loads or LTLs. Benefits were pretty good, a decent amount of PTO even in the first year. Pay, while not great, was above slightly average for the area. I know I've read some pretty terrible reviews for this company on here, but the site I worked at was enjoyable to work at and the people were great to work with.
what i learned
Case Picker (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2014
How to casepick and drive a forklift. how to build pallets and wrap them on the automatic wrapper.

1 2 3 4 5

About GENCO

Generations of businesses in need of third-party logistics have deferred to GENCO Distribution System. Founded in 1898, the company, also – Read more