GENCO

GENCO Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Productive work place
GM Order Picker/Selector/Team Member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2014
GENCO is one of the company that you can feel secure on your job. although its a physically labor job its okay I am having fun.
It's a great experience
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2013
Pros: jokes at work, the experience, the different certain types of individual i worked alongside
Cons: early mornings
A typical day at work, I start work at 6:20am,I go in sign in with the security then start sorting out what the overnight shifts left on the scanning line try to finish that before my first break which is at 9:30am (20 mins break). After the break I start sorting out the merchandise that the trailer dropped of on that and that what I do till the end of my shift which is 2:50pm. During my time at Genco I learned how to work under different circumstance and different people. The hardest part of the Job is the first hour because i start so early sometime I'm not always fully at the peak till about an hour into my shift but other than that its a pretty routine job. The most enjoyable part of the job i have to say is the break and the lunch break because all the employees get together to eat either inside the cafe or outside on the picnic table and all we do is just make jokes amongst each other and lighten up the mood.
Decent Place
Supervisor (Current Employee), Montreal - WestOctober 11, 2013
A good place to work if the location suits you.
Competitive salary
High Paced New Goals Daily
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 16, 2013
Warehouse job that put you to the test each day while at the same time working closely with other teammates to achieve the daily goals
No respect for core values. Internal politics comes first.
Superviseur (Current Employee), Coteau-du-lac, QCJune 10, 2013
Pros: average for all
Cons: poor communication and internal politics rules.
High management is not following the core value of the corporation and communicating info about the disrespect of core value to your superior may cost you your job.

Losts of internal unwriten politics to beware of.

Sadly, this is an ordinary place with big communication problems.

Installations are less than 5 years old. Opening of the Distribution Center in 2008. Makes that part easier.

Enormous turn over of employees and more or less up to date training system.

Must not meet with higher hiarchy alone in case of discontentment.
Very low pay for backbreaking labour..
Delta, 7003 Shipper (Former Employee), deltaMay 27, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: very low pay for extremely hard work.
I would personally not recommend working here for the amount of pay they were offering. They hassled you to work fast, but the cargo was over 100lbs each and the team was very understaffed...
Great Benefits- not the greatest people
Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, AB, CANMarch 13, 2013
Pros: extra days and hours off available.
Cons: hr officce is conmpletely rude and unhelpfull- they'd rather yell at you!
After working at the Genco in Calgary, AB, CAN. the benefits were great- extra days off, a place that really gives you the benefit of the doubt! the hours are reasonable- but they keep changing them slightly... the managers were pretty good- it seemed like when you had something to say- they would listen!! WARNING: don't go to the HR/Teammate services- you will get snarled or yelled at... very unproffessional and rude in that office!
Très bonnes collaborations
Préparatrice de commande (Former Employee), coteau du lacJanuary 26, 2015
ce fut une très bonne expérience de travail dans le sens où des journées de travail étaient fatigantes mais fascinantes. Les collègues de travail étaient entousiates
environnement de travail
MANUTENTIONNAIRE (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: bon environnement de travail
Cons: éloignement
bon environnement et très securitaire.Le travail est est supervisé par des agents formés et attentionnés
environnement agreable
manufacturier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: repas gratuit
Cons: pas davantage sociaux
petit dejeuner le matin, lunch a midi et collation ds lapres midi
il fallait se tenir debout tout le long.
tres securitaire
preposé a la reception (Former Employee), Coteau-du-lac, QCJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: repas a l'occasion gratuit propreté partout
Cons: seulement consideré comme un numéro avis de licensiment par tel.la journée meme
tres securitare et bien equipé pour effetuer nos tache horraire parfait

December 27, 2014

BONNE JOURNÉE QUAND MEME ET TOUJOURS DISPONIBLE POUR TRAVAIL D'ENTREPOT , DE JOUR OU DE SOIR .UN AUTRE BON COTÉ PRES DE MON DOMICILE, 15 MINUTES DE VOYAGEMENT . MERCI

Distances trop longue
Entrepôt/Expédition (Current Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCOctober 15, 2013
J'ai besoin de voyager moins, distance trop longue, brîment ma vie personelle

About GENCO

Generations of businesses in need of third-party logistics have deferred to GENCO Distribution System. Founded in 1898, the company, also – Read more