GENCO

GENCO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's a great experience
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2013
Pros: jokes at work, the experience, the different certain types of individual i worked alongside
Cons: early mornings
A typical day at work, I start work at 6:20am,I go in sign in with the security then start sorting out what the overnight shifts left on the scanning line try to finish that before my first break which is at 9:30am (20 mins break). After the break I start sorting out the merchandise that the trailer dropped of on that and that what I do till the end – more... of my shift which is 2:50pm. During my time at Genco I learned how to work under different circumstance and different people. The hardest part of the Job is the first hour because i start so early sometime I'm not always fully at the peak till about an hour into my shift but other than that its a pretty routine job. The most enjoyable part of the job i have to say is the break and the lunch break because all the employees get together to eat either inside the cafe or outside on the picnic table and all we do is just make jokes amongst each other and lighten up the mood. – less
Decent Place
Supervisor (Current Employee), Montreal - WestOctober 11, 2013
A good place to work if the location suits you.
Competitive salary
High Paced New Goals Daily
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 16, 2013
Warehouse job that put you to the test each day while at the same time working closely with other teammates to achieve the daily goals
No respect for core values. Internal politics comes first.
Superviseur (Current Employee), Coteau-du-lac, QCJune 10, 2013
Pros: average for all
Cons: poor communication and internal politics rules.
High management is not following the core value of the corporation and communicating info about the disrespect of core value to your superior may cost you your job.

Losts of internal unwriten politics to beware of.

Sadly, this is an ordinary place with big communication problems.

Installations are less than 5 years old. Opening of the Distribution – more... Center in 2008. Makes that part easier.

Enormous turn over of employees and more or less up to date training system.

Must not meet with higher hiarchy alone in case of discontentment. – less
Very low pay for backbreaking labour..
Delta, 7003 Shipper (Former Employee), deltaMay 27, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: very low pay for extremely hard work.
I would personally not recommend working here for the amount of pay they were offering. They hassled you to work fast, but the cargo was over 100lbs each and the team was very understaffed...
Great Benefits- not the greatest people
Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, AB, CANMarch 13, 2013
Pros: extra days and hours off available.
Cons: hr officce is conmpletely rude and unhelpfull- they'd rather yell at you!
After working at the Genco in Calgary, AB, CAN. the benefits were great- extra days off, a place that really gives you the benefit of the doubt! the hours are reasonable- but they keep changing them slightly... the managers were pretty good- it seemed like when you had something to say- they would listen!! WARNING: don't go to the HR/Teammate services- – more... you will get snarled or yelled at... very unproffessional and rude in that office! – less
Challenging enjoyable job with great co-workers
Office Manager/Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers
Cons: favortisim
Through the Genco website I was able to take various management classes which furthered my abilities to be a better leader. Because we dealt with contract labor there was a quick turn around of people so the constant orientation was a challenge. A typical day of work would be managing call-ins, vacations, time-sheets. Benefits or any needs of the employees. – more... Daily trainings would have to stop if an orientation had to be done. The hardest part of the job was the fact that there wasn't a write up of the job ever done so it was a guessing game on what was expected. I loved the people I worked with and hope to find that again in my next employment. I will take what I learned from the classes I took and apply it in my next position. – less
Interesting dynamics
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TX 76177August 18, 2014
Cons: good ole boys club
Before it was sold it was a great company to work for. Upper management was not as connected as they should have been. There are many good mid-level managers within the company.
Eh.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: coworkers, schedule, easy
Cons: management, benefits, job security
It's a short 3 day work week, and the job is easy. Management is lousy at doing their job, but expects nothing short of perfection from the workers. Our human resources department is hardly a resource, you are better off calling the corporate office for anything. Employees have to beg for months to get the pay raises they are entitled to. The yearly – more... pay raises keep getting smaller because the company is doing poorly overall. The temp agency they use for the majority of the staffing has zero standards and will pretty much hire any idiot off the street that can sign their name. The benefits are lousy and expensive. Equipment is poorly maintained to save money. We are a 3PL, so you never really know how long your customer is planning to keep us around.

Most days it is an ok place to work, but maybe it is time for me to start looking for new opportunities with greener grass. – less
Fast working environment
Shipping / Picking (Former Employee), Winder, GAAugust 13, 2014
Stack pallets with dog food
Pick orders for numerous stores around the country
Wrap / Run
Keep work area neat and tidy
fun job with good incentives
Licensed forklift/walkie rider/man up operator (Current Employee), edwardsville, ilAugust 10, 2014
Pros: incentive checks each quarter and quarterly meeting with free lunch
Cons: management skills need to improve a bit
I have a good day at work every day and work with great people. The management there is kind of off sometimes and cant make up their mind on where they want to place their employees each night. the job itself is very simple and easy but its very boring and cold every night because the Hershey chocolate has to stay cool so it doesn't melt.
I really enjoyed my job and duties but management was not that good. A few of us left to look for another job.
Inbound/Outbound Scheduler (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2014
I really enjoyed learning new skills and task that I performed on a daily basis. My co-workers were the best except for management. They really need to get some better management or they won't be able to keep staff. I put three years and a lot of pride in my work for the three years I was there.
liked the locker room that had a ping pong table
forklift driver warehouse associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2014
Pros: when we where buzy made the day easier
Cons: when we didnt have work was time for management to get on us
typical work day was morning streches what was on the game planned for the day if it was a light or heavy day or a day to catch up on house keeping other co workers where good to get along with and that helped the day go by faster to have co workers on the same page on what has to get done by the end of th day managment what can i say they gave us the – more... tools we needed in order to get the job done was the workers job to get it done – less
always something to do
International Traffic Specialist (Former Employee), Hebron, KYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: ops manager never fired anyone over job proformence.
Cons: management
my location was a very lean location. meaning no room for advancement. when there was room for advancement, in my 5 years of being with the company. they hired from within.

hebron/ky
Poor Management
Case Picker (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: really can not find any
Cons: management scare tactics and lousy hr management
There are a few posts on here about the Hazleton facility and I have to agree with all of them. The corporate office is aware that there is a problem with HR and the management team in Hazleton but does nothing to help fix it. The newest tactic used by management is them begging us not to leave for better paying jobs and telling us the grass is not – more... greener. Then we are threatened with not being rehired if you ever wanted to come back. Why would I want to come back to unsafe low wage warehouse for a second round? If Genco was really interested in keeping workers they would pay them more and actually care about them. Not only is the grass greener other places but there are not any dark storm clouds hanging over them. – less
Horrible management team
Case Picker (Former Employee), Pontoon Beach, ILJuly 26, 2014
Managers will actually bring employees in front of others to yell at them. No sense of employee pride.
Great place to start a IT career
Domino Developer/Administrator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2014
They gave me my start. At the time it was a fun place and I learned a lot being able to rotate positions
I enjoyed working at Genco
Customer Service (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJuly 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at Genco. I learned a lot BOUT Canadian Exports working with the USDA Inspectors. The most enjoyable part of my job were the Customers I has the pleasure of working with.
fun work place
Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 14, 2014
incoming and out going outbounds, signing the customers in and out answering phone
Team work
Loader, Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Port Road Groveport , OH 43125July 13, 2014
Get the job done and be safe, remember the reason we come to work for? Family.

1 2 3 4 5

About GENCO

Generations of businesses in need of third-party logistics have deferred to GENCO Distribution System. Founded in 1898, the company, also – Read more

GENCO Photos