GENCO ATC

GENCO ATC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very safety conscious
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJNovember 30, 2013
it was fun for me because it gave me the opportunity to use my skill set.. help keep you motivated with attendance awards team of the month and many more achievement goals.
Stable, fun, friendly place to work
Shipping Clerk/Warehouse laborer (Former Employee), Massillon, OHNovember 20, 2013
Pros: saftey lunches, holiday parties, paid holidays
I absolutely loved working at Genco. I had great hours Mon-Fri. and paid holidays and vacation time. I got hired into this job after nine months of being a temp. and absolutely loved it! We had friendly, caring and respectful managers, along with co-workers. The job required a set number of scans per day on the line, which was nice because it made me set a goal for myself. I was able to learn many positions and move up in short time at this job. Overall Genco has been my favorite place of employment so far!
Overview of Genco ATC
Co-Packer (Former Employee), Graniteville, SCNovember 19, 2013
Pros: 10 hrs a day for 4-6 days
Cons: only get $7.25 and the risk of not getting all you required hours once work is slow.
Working in a warehouse for $7.25 Monday-Thursday 10 hrs a day. Sometimes on Fridays and Saturdays as well. The supervisor didn't seem to know much of what we had to do. There were people who worked there for many years and still were only getting $7.25. Once the work started to slow up and they didn't need the new employees and layed them off. We were told we could re apply in a few months but they still didn't need us.
Hit the ground running. You will have to
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasNovember 15, 2013
Pros: fun people to work with.
Cons: sometimes stressful. but can be done.
Genco is a good place to work. But they expect more from you then sometimes is possible. And working everyday and being loyal means nothing to them.
Enjoyable, and productive company
Clerk (Current Employee), Minooka, IlNovember 6, 2013
Genco is closing due to no renewal of the lease and I am so sad by this. I have learned so much from this company. I have acquired many skills while working here. I had no experience in warehouse and now I schedule the delivery and shipments, audit loads, shipping/receiving end, managed CHEP pallets, and many other skills. The management was very involved and gave much assistance.
If you need an immediate job but not a place to stay.
DotCom Worker (Current Employee), Braselton, GaOctober 15, 2013
Cons: unpredictable hours, bad management
Typical day starts with a team meeting to announce the numbers and how long the shift will be. There are two shifts that are not run on equal standards. You will be punished for mistakes, but not rewarded for good actions. Most of the co-workers are good people, it is the management team that does not function well. Has the highest turnover rate I have ever seen.
Deadend Job
Case Picker (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2013
Hard work in a production based envionment. Fair pay. Long hours. Plenty of overtime.
Good place to work dedicated teammates
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: very diverse work grope
Supervise 47 teammates in a remanufactoring production enviroment, responsible to the management team to hit or exceed our daily ULH, manage headcount to insure we have the right amount of teammates to accomplish the job, and lean out the process to insure maximum through put and reach the companys financial goals.
I worked there for 12 yrs
Sort Department (Former Employee), TNSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: vacation time
I went to work for Genco 12 yrs ago they had just opened and there was 2 shifts at the time for the first 6 yrs then they went to 1 shift working 4 days a week for 10 hrs. Over the years there have been alot of changes alot of people have come and gone including Supervisors. In the last department i was in we had atleast 9 different supvisors. The hardest part of working there its easier to loose your job than to keep it and it should be be noted that 90 to 95 percent of the staff english is a second language the other 5 % if that speaks english mostly the supervisors and office staff. For Anyone thinking about working there be prepaired to work and when you can take Time off or VTO or Vacation time i would take i when you can
A place to work
Lead Tasker/Supervisor (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJAugust 5, 2013
Cons: notified of mandatory overtime 15 minutes before end of shift
The job was great. Coworkers were great. Management needed to be better educated in people skills.
Midlevel company lacks support and longevity to succeed
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 31, 2013
Pros: northern suburbs - good work force
Cons: lack of upper management support - no parking
Various hours of operation connected to the on site customer. Good team players lack of time to train people properly due to the unknown incoming products and parts support from off their site purchasing department. Expect to work 6 days a week and 14 hour days no life work balance here. There is a good core work staff but lack of upper management support results in very high turnover and periodic layoffs.
Busy warehouse, the day goes fast
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2013
Pros: great working environment, coworkers and benefits
Cons: 3rd party logistics working under a short term contract
Start day reviewing current warehouse appointment status, prepare shift bases on current work schedule. Greet teammates in preshift start up meeting, update teammates on current warehouse status. I enjoy all teammates on the shift I supervise and enjoy helping other shifts as needed.
Get paid to work out
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Effingham, ILMarch 25, 2013
You start in the pick face and prove that you work hard, from there you can get trained on fork lifts and advance in a career. I learned how hard work pays off. The co-workers kept you motivated throughout the day. The hardest part of the job is breaking your body down this is very physically demanding work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great hours and pay.
People are very supportive.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2013
Cross functioning environment is the best thing about this organization.
Can be the best place to work if you work for the right company!
Warehouse/Process Manager (Current Employee), ny areaFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: good benifits - culturre that promotes 6sigma and lean
Cons: job security
Genco is a 3PL. Genco services many companies and depending on the company you are servicing depends on how you view GENCO. The company that I have to service is HORRIFIC! However, I can see the enjoyment others have doing their job at other GENCO run facilities.
FUN PLACE TO WORK GREAT MANAGEMENT
Clerical (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: easy going, great benefits
Cons: really cold in winter and really hot in summer
I LOVE WORKING.. EVERY DAY I LEARN SOMETHING NEW. I ENJOY INTERACT WITH MY CO-WORKERS. I ENJOY THE FEELING AT THE END OF MY SHIFT KNOWING THAT MY PRESENCE IN REALLY PRODUCTIVE FOR MY COMPANY.
Good to be there.
Warehouse/Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort WorthJanuary 10, 2013
Fun to be at. Nice people nice place. easy working with team.
poor management,poor communication with workers
Ups Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 8, 2013
Cons: no good benifits
10 to 12 hours shifts, poor management, i loved working with my co-workers. poor communication. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with co-workers to compelet the task
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Four Oaks, NCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: shortbreaks, healthcare, schedules
Great Coworkers, very productive environment, time-management, the job helped with great opportunities for the future.
Hectic work place somedays
Cycle Counter/Order Picker (Current Employee), Four Oaks, NCDecember 19, 2012
Cons: only one lunch with no break
Somedays at work can be very busy and hectic depending on the work load. Managament can be a little hard to handle at times but its not always bad. There are good managment members and there are bad ones as well.