GENBAND Employee Reviews

Good coworkers but have no faith in upper management.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 24, 2016
Good coworkers but have no faith in upper management. No long term vision. Required to work many hours to keep up with workload.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unstable
IPV integration and test
Technical Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 7, 2016
Trouble shooting IPV network systems .
Task could vary from day to day.
Often by yourself with very little management .
Finding direction in the middle of the night.
Pros
healthcare learning new tech.
Productive, fun. Worked with great team players
Inventory/Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 27, 2015
Genband is a great company. I learned alot from my immediate management team and was also able to utilize my personal work experiences.
Pros
Free lunches/breakfasts monthly
Cons
short term position
Productive, busy, fun, enjoyable.
Change Management/Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 24, 2015
I enjoyed working at GENBAND, although it was unstable business. Management was fair. Vacation time, comp time, flex time provided. Opportunity to work at home if needed. The people are great to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours, pay
Cons
Unstable business
Completely old fasioned / Non motivational
Global Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  MaidenheadJuly 19, 2015
- Techincal staff get too much to work and too less pay.
- Management are only focused in numbers.
- Professional development, courses you get depend on what the customers will be deploying in their sites...
- UK is not fun to work at all.
- People is good though.
Job paid well - combination of salary plus commission
Inside Sales Account Manager -Tier II (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 13, 2015
The company is heavy sales focused, but there are many times where that gets hindered due to break down in communications and different areas of the sales and operation teams not keeping each other informed.
GENBAND provided a good environment to work, and my direct supervisor seemed to really care about well being of her team.
Pros
compensations and direct supervisor
Cons
communication and documentation
Wonderful Experience
Network Engineer/Emergency Response Engineer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 11, 2015
Genband is a wonderful company to work for. Management empowered you to do you job and was there whenever needed. The company provided excellent training and assistance whenever needed. If anyone is lucky enough to work for this company be thankful.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
assignment was not permanent
An Internship with no bounds
Marketing & Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 20, 2015
My internship with GENBAND allowed me to take initiative and try different things. They had me travel and be a part of their trade shows and marketing decisions. After I arrived in the morning I was greeted by my coworkers, followed by a daily meeting with my supervisor about the day's projects. After that I worked on projects while attending conference calls. Occasionally I would be taken along for business lunches and would get to sit in on marketing meetings with the Chief Marketing Officer and the Chief Executive Officer along with my boss - the Executive VP of Marketing. It felt very prestigious and I learned so much from all the professional experiences. My favorite part was traveling for meetings in New York and the Tradeshow in Florida, I felt so important and it felt so good to be part of something big. The hardest part of the job was the constant need to stay on schedule and deadline, but I caught on quickly.
Pros
business lunches, traveling
Cons
no overtime for interns, short lunch breaks
A fast paced enjoyable work environment
Technical Builder (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 4, 2014
The work environment was interactive, pleasant, fast paced, and most of all worthwhile.
Available upon request
Global Services & Business Development (Current Employee) –  New JerserySeptember 23, 2014
Available upon request
Excellent workplace
New challenges in day to day life, fun place to work
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 7, 2014
Co-workers are great
New challenges in day to day life
help is always close to overcome a problem.
Pros
good people, good work life balance
Cons
hard to switch between roles, no option to work on different technologies
Plano location more casual than Frisco
Sr. Engineer Facilities (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 17, 2014
I would consider working at the Plano location again. The corporate headquarters is the Frisco location.
Work was challenging and rewarding.
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2013
I was tasked with acquiring over 40 client databases into data center. The staff including the applications DBA were very supportive and I was allowed to work as many hours as necessary to satisfy milestones.
Multimedia Development Billerica, MA
employee (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 19, 2013
The R&D team in Billerica is hiring a lot. There is an on-site recruiter who moves quickly and provides solid information about the company and the job. Not just a paper pusher - but someone who knows technology. Interview process is streamlined and you get feedback. The Billerica group is set apart from the legacy business and focuses on Session Border Controllers and media gateways - the product line has strong growth! Looks like a great company!
Pros
sip/ims - growth market - solid engineering team
typical large company mindset
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2013
Not a great place for R&D work. Upper management are not very truthful.
Pros
worked from home
Short-Sighted Management
Software (Former Employee) –  OttawaJanuary 15, 2013
Genband consists of short-sighted and incapable management and owners. They layoff the technical employees with the highest paid to cut cost and thereby losing all the top talents. Whoever left are under extreme stress of being laid-off in the next round.

Comment – April 30, 2013

GENBAND went through a chnage - like all companies do. At one point they were focused on survival. Now they are focused and investing in the business with new hiring and upgraded facility. There is solid management in place in Billerica, and things are going well.

The ultimate joke
GBer (Current Employee) –  DallasNovember 16, 2012
Execs extremely self-centered and egotistical. They preach they care about employees but their actions are contradictory. The whole executive team seems to live in Stepford.

The legacy GB people are far from business-savvy. Lip-service focus on proper process integration after acquisitions taxes employees.

Layoffs do 2 things for GB - they improve their margin and they help fund lavish trips to far-away places for executives who don't deserve them.

Simple piece of advice - don't go anywhere near this company. You've been forewarned.
Pros
salaries
Cons
transparent leadership, sinking business, an ongoing layoff machine
A growing company.
Sr. Director Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TexasSeptember 17, 2012
Even with the continuous acquisitions of companies GENBAND continues to grow.
GENBAND is a great place to work as a contractor.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCAugust 24, 2012
A typical day at work included developing courses for GENBAND's new Class 5 network.

I learned to use Camtasia for self-paced instruction.

The project managers were great and the Instructors (Subject Matter Experts) were very knowledgeable. All of these folks were extremely helpful throughout the project.

My co-worker was awesome. We worked separately on our assigned courses, but, worked together on the final course project. We met out deadlines!

The hardest part of the job was getting Instructor time for reviewing content. The Instructors were constantly teaching!

I was able to work from home and went into the office as needed, usually once or twice a week. Working from home was the most enjoyable part of the job. This allowed me to work without interruptions. The 40 hour work week was flexible as long as I worked 40 hours each week. Sometimes, I worked over the 40 hours as needed on the project (on my own time).
Pros
genband is great place to work.
Cons
getting instructor time for reviewing content.
Toxic Work Enviornment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 13, 2012
Genband is a company with talented employees that are plagued with constant concern regarding the next layoff. The turnover rate in customer facing sales and other positions is extremely high with most sales team members being in their positions 3 years or less. The company is built on mergers and acquisitions of companies with revenue streams or potential followed by large layoffs (Nortel CVAS, Nextpoint and Aztek are recent examples). The technology acquired in these acquisitions is 90% wireline and legacy systems that service providers are migrating AWAY from. In the backdrop of all of this drama, upper management is spending on lavish offsite meetings that, at least in the past, included family members while employees suffer through austerity programs. If you are working for this company, use the opportunity to find employment elsewhere before being affected by their next layoff.
Pros
great co-workers and customer
Cons
constant concern that your job will soon end