Niagara Region Aerospace company, Genaire Limited, is looking for a full time permanent Operations Manager.
Our ideal candidate must have a demonstrated track record of: project management, and hands on leadership skills; problem solving and negotiation skills; policy development and improvement and must possess a strong technical background.
While supervising the team, providing coaching and direction, establishing goals, and determining priorities the Operations Manager will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all processes and procedures while adhering to company policies.
The Operations Manager will align operations with annual objectives, initiatives and policies while providing strategic direction and leadership and meeting contract requirements.
The Operations Manager shall assists in budget preparation and cost control while maximizing asset utilization.
In addition the Operation Manager will optimize relationships with major vendors including the Canadian Government, and deal with contracts, pricing and negotiation.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong Technical Background
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience in a manufacturing environment with direct supervision of people at various levels, up to and including senior management.
- Knowledge and experience with Federal Government Structure and/or government contracts a definite asset.
Must have extensive expertise in the following areas:
- Directing, planning, developing and implementing new or modified project policies, strategic directions and operational plans.
- Planning, directing and supervising the work of subordinate employees.
- Monitoring service delivery and strategic and operational direction.
- Managing in a unionized environment and negotiating collective agreements.
- Budget process and budget control.
- Computer and Internet in a windows environment including strong spreadsheet and accounting software skills and effective database and records management abilities.
- Working under pressure and to deadlines with the ability to manage competing demands and expectations.
- Applicable Federal and Provincial safety codes and legislation.
- Supervisory and management practices, principles and techniques.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to look at situations from multiple points of view.
- Organizational, time management, negotiation, report writing and presentation skills.
- Written and spoken communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to complete security clearance process.
- Willingness to travel, when required
Qualified candidates should provide their resume and a cover letter detailing their experience as it relates to the position being offered, explaining why they feel they would be a good fit for Genaire and the position offered, and providing a question they feel should be asked of all candidates interviewed.
Resumes and cover letters are to be e-mailed Attn: Human Resources. The deadline for submissions is 5 pm, Wednesday August 15, 2012.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.