Are you a savvy financial accountant looking to build a career with a young, growing dynamic company providing complete aviation services?
Don’t mind getting your hands a little dirty to build and implement key financial controls, processes and performance indicators from the ground floor up?
Gemstone Group of Companies was founded in 2007 as a one-person consulting firm. Today, our almost 200 employees manage and operate contracts related to aviation and logistics on a number of Canada’s largest industrial projects.
We are providing complete aviation services to a wide range of businesses across Canada, including but not limited to those operating within our country’s oil and gas industry.
About this Job Opportunity
You will be rewarded with a great career opportunity by working closely with the President, Tom McHale and his senior leadership team, staff at all levels, interact from time to time with our clients and earn a competitive salary and benefits
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including financial statements, monthly balance sheets and cash flow analyses
- Review financial and operational performance to support business decisions, and assist in contract negotiations.
- Manage payroll and benefits, accounts payable and receivables, fixed asset accounting, and cash and credit card reconciliation
- Develop and implement accounting policies and process improvement initiatives and communicate changes to the accounting standards
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets, monthly forecasts
- Evaluation and integrating new applications, including internal controls, budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare industry regulatory, contractual, and compliance reports
- Provide financial results to the senior leadership through your understanding of key business objectives of Gemstone Group of Companies
- Special Projects as assigned
- Accounting designation: CA or CMA
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a financial leadership role
- Proven accounting professional with great verbal and written communication skills and a strong business acumen
- Experience in working in a holding company structure is essential
- Strong leadership and good problem skills are instrumental
- Advanced working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Must have strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have a positive, professional attitude and work well in a team environment
- Available to work hours required to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Tom McHale, President,
Gemstone Group of Companies
34, 171 Broadway Blvd,
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Closing Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2013
We thank you for your interest in working for Gemstone Group of Companies. If your background and work experience meets the requirements for this job, you will be contacted for an interview. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.