Gemma Communications Employee Reviews

An exicting day at gemma communications.
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
A typical day at Gemma communications would be mostly receiving inbound calls from clients about information on their phone plans and addressing any issues they have with the service,while providing great customer service dealing with any discrepancies.I learned there is only one thing only is to let go of any hard feelings and continue doing your job professionally at all times because of the a volume of irritated customers.Management was really helpful when it came to questions and if any workers had any issues , team management was really knowledgeable. I would say the hardest part of the job was addressing issues in a timely fashion when it came to high call volumes and for me I loved the constant problem solving because each call was a new challenge .
Pros
always proliferating with different issues hands on experience.
Cons
small confined space
EXCELLENT place to work if this is your thing. Cannot complain.
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
I was an Inbound Sales Representative at this company and loved it. If you enjoy talking with people and have a flair for technology and communication, this IS YOUR place.

Was trained by Sonu Bal (9/10, deducting 1 point for keeping a shoe exhibition in the training room). Team Leader was Clancy (10/10) and was very upfront and direct with any issues I was facing.

Nice supportive environment.
Pros
Nice environment, good paid training, excellent equipment and team leaders.
Cons
None.
Le travail consiste à aborder les potenciels clients et leurs présenter nos produits
Agente de service la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2017
Horaires flexible, belle ambiance, travail en équipe

recevoir les demandes de clients, répondre aux questions sur les produits vendus à ses dernier. leurs portés assistance sur le fonctionnement du produit et les avantages que celui-ci procure aux détenteurs.
Pros
les bonus, si le rendement excel les attentes du superviseur
Cons
la compétition sur le plancher
Very stressful enviornment to work in
CSR/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
We handled incoming and outgoing calls. We were a Third-Party Company to the other companies we called on behalf of selling goods and services to customers.

We had to make approximately 5-ten sales a day by maintained sales quota for the day calling 100 or more customers a day.It was a busy enviornment with 40 hours a week and more overtime hours in the beginning years of working.

Towards the end of the job my hours were less than 20 hours.week. I ended up getting laid off.
Pros
bonuses for reaching sales quotas in the beginning of years when employed
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Start
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
Gemma is a good place to start for new comers, graduates waiting to start their career and someone who just need a job. Great results will come from great efforts.
Call center environment
Quality Assurance Monitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
This was a fun place to work. We worked together as a team to execute different expectations from the client. I met a lot of people and their different cultures.
sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2017
this job was great! But it in all honest it needed better management. It lacked authority and organization.. I was so proud to work for this company....but i was better than this.
good environment
Full Time- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
great team work
good environment
a lot of work
lots of calls
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
Gemma was where i learned all of my sales skills. Working for CIBC and ROGERS was the best opportunity at this stage in my life. The environment was pleasant you were surrounded by teammates and managers, head boss of sales. Very lovely place to work at. Long hours but lots of incentives.
great
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2017
Working in a cubicle surrounded by other clinicians speaking with people who are often in a MH or SA crisis is not ethical or a comfortable work environment. Management does not offer support or take heed to suggestions to make the work environment more bearable and you are pushed to meet quotas and take as many calls as possible without really providing sound clinical work. There is no privacy and other co-workers conversations are often heard in the background when providing counseling. The company promotes wellness of the clients, however, drops the ball severely when it comes to the wellness of the employees
fun work evironment
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
I am on a 4-member team (manager and 3 associates). We are staffed on an operations turnaround project with a focus on personnel (read: reward the best employees, train the average ones, and develop systems to remove or improve the underperformers). Client headquarters and main operations are located in the same city,
Pros
salary opportunity
Cons
hours, holidays
Fun and challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
Customer service is key to being successful in this job. You should know how to talk to people. But everyone is very nice and the job is very fulfilling.
Pros
fun working environment
Cons
mean customers
Modern day slavery
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
A typical day at work involves constant pressure to sell, never knowing how your day will turn out. You're paid by the second and have to remind supervisors to pay you at times. Constant talking without a break can leave you feeling ill. Unsanitary work stations i.e. sharing headsets used by anyone at anytime.

Management at top is very disrespectful and undignified.
Pros
paid some bills
Cons
Having to fight for hours worked
Bien comme premier emploi
Représentante aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2017
Il faut prendre en considération que ce sont seulement des appels entrants ou sortants, donc c'est un peu répétitif comme travail. Les horaires en rotation sont désagréables, très difficile de concilier la vie personnelle et professionnelle. Toutefois, ça peut être pratique pour un étudiant ou une personne avec un deuxième emploi. Les superviseurs ne font pas de commentaires constructifs, très peu de coaching et de formations.
Pros
commissions dans certaines campagnes, ''incentives'', horaires sur rotation peut plaire a certaines personnes
Cons
horaires en rotation, pas beaucoup d'avantages sociaux, manque de coaching/formation
Fun workplace, cool people from all over.
Telecommunications Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
Well I liked this job, I worked in a finance area, very high security. There was a lot of restrictions for the office which made things more annoying but livable. The staff was pretty cool and I got to meet and talk to a lot of cool people. The management was awesome, fun and helpful, very understanding. This was a call center so once you find your flow it was a lot easier than when you first arrive, it does build your confidence but I did find the products we were upselling to be completely a scam and I felt sick about being SO good at what I did.... Overall its a great place to work and long term you could really move your way up to better paying positions. They were awesome about taking time off and giving weekends off.
Pros
Fun place to work, decent pay, promotions, no weekends
Cons
every second youre away from your desk is docked off ur pay, having quotas, angry customers, lack of computer information, security was too tight.
very busy environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2017
fast paced inbound/outbound call center,handled alot of different situations in regards to sales and customer service.
very upbeat team leaders who guide you in the right direction
Quiet and respecful plae
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, ON4 April 2017
Looked forward going to work but was having difficulty performing what was asked because I didn't believe in what we were told to do there. However, co workers and managers were all very nice.
Pros
Talk with co workers
Cons
selling a product I didn't think was fair to customer
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 March 2017
The atmosphere of work is very good and not stressful. there is a good diversity and we learn a lot of new things with supervisor's help. This is a good place to work.
stricte, mais plaisant
Agente au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
journée un peu longue, amélioration de mon anglais, collègues amicaux, vendre le produit et bon salaire
Pros
pause payante
Cons
courte pause
Great Team
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
It a small team so it easy to know everybody .
Work his great and fun ,teammate are all nice people very sociable
Great environment for learning.