Gemma Communications

Gemma Communications Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Quality Assurance Editor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Good company to work for and a good learning experience. Pays standard industry average, long hours but rewarding number of vacation days.
Productive work environment.
Customer Services Representative- TD Inbound (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free gift cards for the top sellers
Cons: poor wages
A typical work day is acceptable.I have learned how to enhance my customer skills more efficiently and effectively. However, the management for this call center needs to be improved. My co-workers are excellent. The hardest part of the job is to be perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is competition between agents to get the most sales.
Third Party Sales
Sales Agent - Rogers account (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at Gemma communications for Rogers because it motivated me to look for further sale opportunities and become more comfortable as a sales agent. The environment was the hardest part of the job. The scheduling and break schedule made it difficult to work the long hours required for each shift. The most enjoyable part of the job were the bonuses.
Customer Service (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work, would mostly be answering calls. I learnt that managing your time is very important, and to be very helpful.
Decent entry level but very poor overall - NOT LONG TERM/NOT ENJOYABLE/POOR CULTURE
Call Centre Supervisor (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 13, 2014
Pros: i guess decent entry level pay
Cons: just about everything
Typical day consist of supervising call centre staff - QA. Gained some valuable supervisory experience and life experience. I most certainly learned not to trust people you work with! Management was very poor, no support and you are blamed for their lack of commitment. The hardest part of being a supervisor there was having to bite my tongue about the BS I would constantly witness on a daily basis. Met a few good people but that's about the only pro about this place. A lot of unprofessional things would happen in this place! STAY AWAY BY ALL MEANS!
Inside Sales/ Verification Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Cons: plenty
no review, i have no review to write, it is an average company with no real room for advancement. Good place to work if your looking for a parttime job.
Good Job with good people
TD Inbound Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2014
A very welcoming environment and flexible hours. The managers are very friendly and try to accommodate to any needs you may have. Also the company culture is great with added incentives and activities.
fun working environment
Inbound Telemarketer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 4, 2014
Pros: shifts
Cons: salary
Typical day at work involves taking incoming calls to resolve customer problems and sell company products.
Productive and fun.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Yorkdale, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Nice place for start.
Good location
Nice place for start.
Good location
relatively relaxed atmosphere
Sales Representative, Assurant Solutions (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2014
Hardest part is dealing with French callers due to my limited knowledge in French, there are times they get routed erroneously to our queue.
Fun Workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: parties
Cons: long hours
Very challenging sales environment. Developed good customer service skills as dealing with at least more than 200 customers a day.
Call Centre
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence PlazaAugust 12, 2014
Pros: supportive workmates
Cons: long hours
Attend to customer needs thru inbound calls. Deals with different issues.
Fun workplace with a TV to keep up with the Worlcup etc
Credit insurance advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: no cons
A really fun place to work in with a great support of the TeamLeaders.
Main objective of the job was to answer customer enquirers, getting their cards activated and selling them the TD Balance Protection Insurance.
Hardest part of the job was to get along with the systems but once hooked on to it it was a flawless task. Got lots of help from co-workers and TL's.

All in all a great experience and a great learning ground
Productivity
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: yes free lunches
Cons: n/a
Typical day in walking in to work, signing and opening your systems and getting ready for call, that first call always determines how the rest of the day will be and what you need to change to better the day.

I learned multi tasking alot, being able to type as you talk efficiently and time management

My co workers are diverse, you get to learn about different cultures and backgrounds and there is always that one co worker that makes you want to better your self as a worker and a person

Hardest is trying all you can but have not resolved an issue for the customer.

Enjoyable part is being busy, once the calls keep coming in and making someone's life better.
A very team/group work oriented company. Great communication and motivation from management. No benefits, poor location, good hours.
Life Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: no direct deposit.
I worked here for about 8 months with a great team and awesome manager.

It was a far travel for me but I enjoyed coming in to my team everyday.

The job was very tedious and draining as our goal was to secure life insurance policies with the banks clients and it was extremely challenging.

Overall I enjoyed my time there and would go back provided a few adjustments to the pay, benefits, pay check availability.
Cool place to work
SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2014
I had the best co-workers here I learned a lot here that got me a better paying job
Greaty people to work with. Training and motivational compensations
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMay 26, 2014
Great people to work with. Training and motivational compensations.
Productive , strict enviroment
Telesales Representative (Former Employee), TorontoMay 21, 2014
Lovely experience , call centre environment. Was strict on sales and quality.
Gemma Communications
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2014
Pros: sometimes slow with calls
Cons: sometimes busy with calls, no paid lunches
alot of the time, the job consists of sitting at a computer and answering phone calls for various reasons.
somewhat enjoyable place to work
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: not a good work life balance
A typical day at work was to contact clients to offer programs to help save money by using their credit cards. I learned that if you build rapport with a client they will listen and at least give the program a try. Management was supportive. Co-workers were also supportive. Hardest part of the job was calling back clients to keep a sale that was already made. The most enjoyable part of the job were the incentives.

1 2 3 4