Gemma Communications Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun environment to work in
CIS Agent Rogers Communication (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Working at Gemma Communications I learned how to deal with a variety of different customers. Supervisors and management work closely with you to help you succeed. The co - workers there are amazing and wonderful people and are very easy to get along with. I love building relationships with customers and getting to know different people. The hardest part of the job is when you do get those difficult customers who are extremely angry however I love a challenge.
fun work place with very nice co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
I always reach work punctually then take calls and try and help the customers in every possible ways. In this way I develop my communication skills and also prepare myself to face any kind of complicated situations. This is because we get a lot of violent customers who calls and screams at us a lot.
Typical third party call center
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
No Job security. Very focused on meeting clients needs by all means necessary but not employee needs. Very much like a sweat shop. High turnover, very high stress.
Worst place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  700 lawrence ave w2 October 2016
Gemma communication is so disgusting. No job security. No manners and full of two face people. I wouldn't recommend anybody to go there. They lie about your commission and deduct for minutes on your hourly rate on your bi-weekly pay. The only thing that is good there is ending your shift and going home. The area has been there for a long time and no proper computers. Nothing loads and you have to wait ten mins to login. Disgusting
Pros
Going home
awesome place
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2016
it was a nice place to work, always busy which is a good thing because time flys. loved the environment and would def recommend it to anyone seeking a pt job
Call Centre
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Temporary workplace for students. Had some short-tempered supervisors. Pay is minimum wage. Conveniently located inside a mall across a subway station.
Fun-Place, Good Managers
Consumer Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Gemma, is a good fun place to work.There are few very knowledgable managers to learn from about its process, selling techniques and market dynamics. Non Native can improve on their communication verbal especially and absorb the Canadian lingo and market understanding for long term career plan.
Pros
Job security, Good Managers
Cons
Variable timings Shifts
gemma good place to work but more stability needed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON16 August 2016
Working at Gemma Communications is a good place to work. However it does not have the stability. Campaigns are falling apart. Good management at Gemma but more communications is needed. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people and being able to fit into my lifestyle. The hardest part of the job is what campaign I am going to next.
Not you typical work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2016
As far as call centres go its maybe one of the least organised company to work for but it pays the bills ... barely. It does not have steady work for the agents so each month you are wondering if your campaign will remain and if you will have hours to receive a pay cheque.

It's a clean environment and most of the Team leaders are fun and responsible who foster a professional work environment, such as my team leader.
great environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
it was very fun with all the incentive programs, prizes and just overall lots of fun while your meeting your targets. good people to work with and really no complaints and no regrets
just work
Inbound/Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2016
I needed to do something more in life. I didnt really love what i was doing there. so i had to change it to make more of life. thats why i left that job
Productive and fun work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 June 2016
- to get our target
-good vibes with co-workers
-respect each other
-have a time to share between us our culture from our home country
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  700 lawrence avenue2 June 2016
Good working atmosphere.
Motivational supervisors.
2 months of inclass and on floor Detailed training.
Flexible hours.
Base salary + good commision and incentives.
Call centre aiming in achieving sales targets
Call Centre Agent (Inbound/Outbound) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
Working at Gemma was a new challenge. The co workers and managers were helpful in building your talents at the same time focusing on sales targets. It had a very competitive and challenging workplace environment.
Pros
sales incentives
Cons
sales targets
Productive and Fun workplace
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2016
A typical day at work is as follows:
Team meeting and briefing session
Completing daily job duties
Debriefing & discussion of sales targets

Work environment is fast paced and highly enthusiastic.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
Great management and staff! Great training. Supervisors excellent. Timely and excellent coaching. Supervisors are excellent at providing accurate and timely feedback.
Pros
Excellent training and feedback
Very Nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
Excellent trainers and very supportive in completing the targets
really nice place to work and learnt so much from supportive colleagues and management
Lunch room renovated with, coffee machines , good seating and TV for entertainment
Team Supervisor - Quality Assurance Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
A busy environment Co-workers friendly but management not very approachable . I loved coming in because I loved my job and what I was doing and I loved my team.
Pros
free lunch at Christmas time
Cons
na
great incentives and company activities
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
A typical day at gemma would be selling discount plans to customers for everyday activities, restaurants and hotels. I would also provide information to customers regarding discounts
Cons
no room for advancement
Good
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
Good experience working out here. Nice management. Lovely and diversified culture. Balanced working hours, good Team leaders and trainers. Fun at work.

2.9