Gemma Communications Employee Reviews

Fun and challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
Customer service is key to being successful in this job. You should know how to talk to people. But everyone is very nice and the job is very fulfilling.
Pros
fun working environment
Cons
mean customers
Modern day slavery
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
A typical day at work involves constant pressure to sell, never knowing how your day will turn out. You're paid by the second and have to remind supervisors to pay you at times. Constant talking without a break can leave you feeling ill. Unsanitary work stations i.e. sharing headsets used by anyone at anytime.

Management at top is very disrespectful and undignified.
Pros
paid some bills
Cons
Having to fight for hours worked
Bien comme premier emploi
Représentante aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2017
Il faut prendre en considération que ce sont seulement des appels entrants ou sortants, donc c'est un peu répétitif comme travail. Les horaires en rotation sont désagréables, très difficile de concilier la vie personnelle et professionnelle. Toutefois, ça peut être pratique pour un étudiant ou une personne avec un deuxième emploi. Les superviseurs ne font pas de commentaires constructifs, très peu de coaching et de formations.
Pros
commissions dans certaines campagnes, ''incentives'', horaires sur rotation peut plaire a certaines personnes
Cons
horaires en rotation, pas beaucoup d'avantages sociaux, manque de coaching/formation
Fun workplace, cool people from all over.
Telecommunications Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
Well I liked this job, I worked in a finance area, very high security. There was a lot of restrictions for the office which made things more annoying but livable. The staff was pretty cool and I got to meet and talk to a lot of cool people. The management was awesome, fun and helpful, very understanding. This was a call center so once you find your flow it was a lot easier than when you first arrive, it does build your confidence but I did find the products we were upselling to be completely a scam and I felt sick about being SO good at what I did.... Overall its a great place to work and long term you could really move your way up to better paying positions. They were awesome about taking time off and giving weekends off.
Pros
Fun place to work, decent pay, promotions, no weekends
Cons
every second youre away from your desk is docked off ur pay, having quotas, angry customers, lack of computer information, security was too tight.
very busy environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2017
fast paced inbound/outbound call center,handled alot of different situations in regards to sales and customer service.
very upbeat team leaders who guide you in the right direction
Easy work but terrible mangement
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  700 Lawrence Ave - Lawrence square28 May 2017
Didn't work in the sales campaign so job was simple since no selling involved. System was always crashing which led to a lot of downtime because no work to do. Sometimes even got sent home if there was no more numbers to call. Management sucks, they are disorganized, one person will tell you one thing then another person will tell you something different, lacked consistency. Perfect job if youre just looking to save money for school or just need a job.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management sucks, lack of job security
Quiet and respecful plae
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, ON4 April 2017
Looked forward going to work but was having difficulty performing what was asked because I didn't believe in what we were told to do there. However, co workers and managers were all very nice.
Pros
Talk with co workers
Cons
selling a product I didn't think was fair to customer
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 March 2017
The atmosphere of work is very good and not stressful. there is a good diversity and we learn a lot of new things with supervisor's help. This is a good place to work.
stricte, mais plaisant
Agente au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
journée un peu longue, amélioration de mon anglais, collègues amicaux, vendre le produit et bon salaire
Pros
pause payante
Cons
courte pause
Great Team
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
It a small team so it easy to know everybody .
Work his great and fun ,teammate are all nice people very sociable
Great environment for learning.
productive and fun
Inbound Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
fun atmosphere to work at, management is decent. A typical day at work is pretty straight forward. good environment. hours are also pretty good. management can be a little tough
Run poorly and management were apathetic to employees.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
Gemma was sales oriented. The management there did not care much for the employee's wellbeing and were quick to judge for wanting to pursue outside interests. They wanted everyone to only focus on their work, and they only paid minimum wage at the time, plus commission. For me that's an unreasonable standard to have, especially when no benefits are offered. I wouldn't recommend them as an employer.
Pros
Sales incentives
Cons
Poor work environment
ability to learn and challenge your skills.
Consumer Inside Sales Rep (CIS) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON27 November 2016
A great company to work with. friendly staff and co-workers. bonuses and incentives. a lot to learn. positive environment. chances to grow within the company. too much of sales pressure but it is sales job though. mentally stress-full if didn't hit the target. not well organized.
Pros
free lunches, incentives, commission
Cons
no flexibility of hours, sales pressure
Productive and Fun environment to work in
CIS Agent Rogers Communication (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Working at Gemma Communications I learned how to deal with a variety of different customers. Supervisors and management work closely with you to help you succeed. The co - workers there are amazing and wonderful people and are very easy to get along with. I love building relationships with customers and getting to know different people. The hardest part of the job is when you do get those difficult customers who are extremely angry however I love a challenge.
fun work place with very nice co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
I always reach work punctually then take calls and try and help the customers in every possible ways. In this way I develop my communication skills and also prepare myself to face any kind of complicated situations. This is because we get a lot of violent customers who calls and screams at us a lot.
Typical third party call center
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
No Job security. Very focused on meeting clients needs by all means necessary but not employee needs. Very much like a sweat shop. High turnover, very high stress.
Worst place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  700 lawrence ave w2 October 2016
Gemma communication is so disgusting. No job security. No manners and full of two face people. I wouldn't recommend anybody to go there. They lie about your commission and deduct for minutes on your hourly rate on your bi-weekly pay. The only thing that is good there is ending your shift and going home. The area has been there for a long time and no proper computers. Nothing loads and you have to wait ten mins to login. Disgusting
Pros
Going home
awesome place
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2016
it was a nice place to work, always busy which is a good thing because time flys. loved the environment and would def recommend it to anyone seeking a pt job
Call Centre
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Temporary workplace for students. Had some short-tempered supervisors. Pay is minimum wage. Conveniently located inside a mall across a subway station.
Fun-Place, Good Managers
Consumer Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Gemma, is a good fun place to work.There are few very knowledgable managers to learn from about its process, selling techniques and market dynamics. Non Native can improve on their communication verbal especially and absorb the Canadian lingo and market understanding for long term career plan.
Pros
Job security, Good Managers
Cons
Variable timings Shifts