GDI Services (Canada) LP Employee Reviews

Poor Company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 December 2017
GDI is a very unorganized poorly managed company
They are more worried about saving a dollar
Dont care about their employees
Nothing anyone ever did was ever good enough
Its all about the $$$
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS26 November 2017
I worked for this company, and worked an average of 120 hrs a pay period, with little time off. I had to use my own vehicle to trave from one job site to another, and transport materials and supplies without reimbursement. Area manager was ex military and figured everyone should salute and kiss his a**.
For GDI it is all about the number and making shareholder happy. You are just a number!
Pros
N/a
Cons
Workload, No recognition
Good to work for
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON4 November 2017
Looking for something different. They are friendly and helpful. Easy to get along with. Very efficient and training is provided. Daily communication is done.
work place was very stressful and management at the Ottawa was the worst
Heavy Duty Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 October 2017
After working for GDI services for 3.5 years in another province with no issues. I relocated to Ottawa I worked for GDI for the first three months . It was the worst experience of my life. The operations manager was a real jerk and treated his employees like garbage I would be very generous to give this company a 1 out of 5.
Pros
non
Cons
not a good company to work for in Ottawa
Management was Very Bad
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saint John East, NB13 September 2017
I work at the refinery. The work was not bad, but the Manager kept changing my job. And she was nasty to the staff if you where not in her click.
She treated people like garbage.
The pay was good and the hours where good. But GDI needs to get her out and her family and put real Management team in there and run it better and then it would be a great place to work.
Pros
Pay
have been working there fopr 7 years
Janitor/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 August 2017
very stable company , not many promotion oportunities,tryinf to find a day shift work.since i have been working overnight, management has been changed two times .
Stressful work environment with incompetant management
Light Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 May 2017
Worked for GDI for 3.5 years and was constantly told I wasn't doing good enough work and getting complaints about me from other staff. Being unionized if that was the case they should have files formal complaints in writing and handled them appropriately- which I welcomed but never saw a single one. All of this complaining about me lead to a pattern of harrassment all because I wasn't part of the group of favorites. Thankfully I found full time work elsewhere and left with the bit of dignity I had left. Management never listens when you tell them where the real problems are despite your best efforts. Also notorious for making big mistakes on scheduling and pay. Avoid this company at all costs.
Productive and fun workplace
Cleaner (Light Duty) - Eaton Centre, Toronto (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a good co-worker at GDI Services. I learned how to deal with other people and how to enjoy my job at the same time.
Pros
Free Christmas Present
Cons
Low Salary
A good place for those in need!
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
My experience with GDI was really good. Although the payment was minimal wage the hours made up for it and since I needed a full-time job overnight that was a great experience.
Pros
Work load
Cons
Overnight Shift
Stable and concern with their emplyees
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
Working with GDI is great privilege, they provide lots of benefits and with great concern to their employees. We are unionize that helps and provides employees with their right and privileges. They also provide health and safe training to make sure that every will do the right thing in handling chemicals, first aid and all the facilities like for instance cleaning machines and tools for cleaning

Want to know more about GDI Services (Canada) LP?

Ask a question
It was a great environment to be in, all the tenants were very nice, and i also enjoyed working with this company.
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
A typical day at this job was to come in at 8:30 am, stock up in all ladies washrooms ( 2 times a day). I would help out in the office, hand out mails to all tenants. Nothing was hard to do. Learned to work with others, and go beyond from what was expected of me.
Pros
communicated a lot with tenants
Gym Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 December 2016
Hired in late 2013, worked cleaning a gym part-time, late nights for about three years, had some mornings and weekend shifts, got to listen to music, which was my favorite part of the job. Flexible and could arrive if i was late or early upon request with my better paying cleaning jobs. 4/10
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No Raise
Learn new thing
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 December 2016
12 hours shift is long , but is ok the end of shift is already tired out,i do learned lots stuff .....Managament they need go on the fool more not just only sit in the offer all day check the e-mail , for co-worker they never do team work ,they alway do they own way to work, i'm always go in to work feel working 3 peoples work. the most thing for this job is pay the bill not much enjoyable thing i can said
an overall ok company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 August 2016
The people that work with the company are great people. There are no benefits or raises and overwork the staff.And don't pay for car mileage.Certainly an abundance of hours.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
the pay and no benefits
Very Busy
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 December 2014
Very busy place to work! I like working alone and having my own responsibility.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
very busy in winter