GC Services Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,442 reviews
Customer Service
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2016
A typical work day consisted of a heavy volume of calls from customers to pay or dispute their phone services. I learned how to diffuse customer anger and how to obtain the knowledge needed to answer all the customer's questions without upsetting the customer. The hardest part of my job was listening to customers make racial slurs and us vulgar language. The most enjoyable part of my job was to resolve a customer's issues.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
Rude customers
Good company for entry level
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Weldonsprings MoAugust 2, 2016
Good company to work for. Company has limited areas for advancement. The company has jobs for people on and off the phone and training is always available.

Communication within can sometimes be challenging but for the most part I enjoyed working for the company as a whole. Thanks for asking.
Pros
Met different types of people throughout. Never a dull moment always something new to learn.
Cons
Communication can sometimes be challenging but good company. Students love it
Great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 25, 2016
My typical day a work was ok even when the customers had me upset because it wasn't towards me it was towards the company. Working at GC taught me how to be very patient and having co workers also helped me through the day. I have never worked customer service before being that I worked for myself and worked with special needs children. So working there helped me learn to work over the phone
Pros
great contests
Cons
lunch breaks to short
Alright Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1210 Broadway AvJuly 21, 2016
Working at GC Services taught me a lot about customer service Representative , a typical day at work is hard , you have to dial out a certain amount of phone numbers in your que everyday
. You have a certain amount of calls to reach a day , also take in inbound calls. You have to be careful and make sure you address the correct person over the line when calling a home phone , if not proper identified you could loose your job .
Pros
Great commision
Cons
Sitting down allday reaching a certain amount of calls
productive and enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 5, 2016
- walk into work log onto my computer and start assisting customers as soon as we open or as soon as i am logged in to everything
-i learned that assisting every customer as quick and helpful as possible is very important
-management are very helpful and help you feel welcome in your workplace
-co-workers are friendly and also help you whenever there is something you need help with when a manager is not available
-the hardest part of the job is assisting every customer as quick as possible without rushing the previous customer and helping each equally
-the most enjoyable part of the job and being able to assist the customers and having a happy customers when you finished assisting them.
management is drama starting from upper management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2016
Management plays favorites they are all addicts you last there if you either sleep with or party with management they harras better looking women about dress code they 2 female members of management walk around with rulers measuring the length of your skirt and dresses and the height of your heels but yet they violate dress code themselves
Pros
decent hourly pay
Cons
everything besides the pay
Fun Place to work
Fed Ex Frieght Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 30, 2016
If you come in on time, they reward you GREATLY, they give away concert tickets, TV's , Comforters, Huge Teddy Bears, Mother's Day Baskets, and more they are very strict with the work scheduling and if you make a commitment to be there, like with any job time is money. You never go hungry there because they are always making sandwiches for everyone in the break room, the people are very nice. The shifts are very flexible if you do well with the jobs you are given , there is nothing they won't do to help you do better. This is the Best Place to Work in El Paso! Shifts are from 5 or 6am to 12am
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Nothing bad to say about this place
Collection agency
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
Worst place I ever work for in my life. Their 401 plan is a joke, they think it was a great deal to match at 4%. Last place I worked they matched at 50%. Holidays are the lowest I ever heard of, what professional company does not give employees the day after Thanksgiving off. When Houston flooded and employees could not make it into work they made those employees take a vacation day. They even made employees wade through the flood waters to perform their job, no concern about the safety of those employee.
Pros
NONE
Fun and prizes
Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77092August 24, 2016
GC Services is call center. We would call customers that were late on their car payments. We would bring the accounts current.

Calls were outbound and we used a system that would make our calls automated. I did work in the bilingual department. I enjoy working there because you were in a team, you would compete with each team. I gave us a drive to do better in our calls and also, we competed against each other and won prizes like I won several gift cards. The hardest was being in a close environment with no windows.

I learned not to be late on your payments. It effects your credit. When you get a car, make sure your interest is low.

In a call center, you have a lot of co-workers. It was fun. Everyone I encounter with was very friendly and outgoing.
Pros
payed vacations
Cons
quota goals
Bad Professionalnism
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJune 27, 2016
The job was easy, but the managers wasn't very helpful at all. I have learned how to deal and be very patient with people just by working there. while I was a Fin. Rep for the Harley Davidson department I enjoyed talking to the customers and making sure that they was well taken care of. My co-workers was okay, they really didn't help me at all, I had to learn for myself .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks, wasnt helpful
review
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 4, 2016
Almost all of your coworkers are helpful with the exception of a few. The majority of people you come across are very blunt and direct so if your not used to that type of demeanor, you may not last long; because your too sensitive. This is one company that is really flexible with attendance. I mean you can miss and you can still have a job, you can't say that about any other company.
Pros
flexibility on attendance
Cons
pay
Did inbound calls & I loved it
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 11, 2016
As a call representative I listened & responded to customers’ needs & concerns. Provided information about products & services. Took orders, determined charges, & oversee billing or payments. Reviewed or make changes to customer accounts. Handled returns or complaints. Recorded details of customer contacts & actions taken. Researched answers or solutions as needed. Referred customers to supervisors, managers, or others who can help.​
Pros
I gained clerical skills
Cons
Breaks & Lunch is small
Privately Owned
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2016
Management is pretty good. Diversified age group throughout the company. Women appeared to be paid less than men on the same level - typical male-run private company. Mistakes are made, but company seems to recover pretty quickly when made. High employee turnover rate for collectors and low-level employees. Mid-management and executives remain forever.
Pros
Nice co-workers; interesting work for the most part
Cons
Very few opportunities for advancement
Boring.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 1, 2016
I only worked at GC Services and I represented a water company for a couple months but that was torture. I wish I was joking. I thought I could handle the lifestyle of being at a call center. Making and receiving phone calls for about 9 hours when you only get people who complain about how it isn't fair that they paid their bills late. It got worse when management is on you the entire day saying "Calls are taking too long! wrap it up!" then contradict themselves by telling you "Dont worry and just take care of them the best you can." When it takes more than five to ten minutes to explain to someone your bill? Oh and to reach your goal to take in payments at the same time.
My most enjoyable moments are when you make calls and they didnt answer the phone.
Difficult
Customer Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJune 2, 2016
Although GC Services offers many benefits, this job is high stress and the management are not known for being reasonable with work schedules. What I mean by this is: they make a schedule and change it the day before you have to work and then you are held accountable. If you are on the banking job then you get cussed at all day. The best part of this job however is the benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Very high stress
Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 21, 2016
I took incoming calls for the credit verification center for unpaid bill. I assessed risk, I collect debt and I verified identity. it was very quick for me to catch on and address people appropriately and redirect them to whoever they needed to be directed too, I collected amounts of money and I returned them to a sales representative for a new service to be made.
productive but slow environment
Apple online rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 17, 2016
I'd clock in and get into my program. I'd turn my phone on and I'd take calls. Calls would range from support help with products or transferring customers to the correct department. iTunes was the hardest part of my job because they do not have a direct support system. They work through email confrmations and this often times frustrated customers that needed help right away. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers. Between calls I'd play music and be the team DJ to bring some fun to the atmosphere.
Pros
location is near other fast food places, I loved the people I worked with
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, high turn over rate
boring workplace
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 6, 2016
*typical day at work- pretty laid back, came and sat down at a desk logged on to the computer and took calls
*what you learned- nothing honestly its a pretty simple job
*management- sucked
*your co-workers- for the most part the coworkers were cool
*the hardest part of the job- depends on what shift your on
*the most enjoyable part of the day- getting to leave
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
management
Great company to start out in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of calling customers to try and collect on money owed to different banks. I learned that you need to have extreme patience and not to take things personal when you are trying to collect money form people. Management was always willing to help with the way you worded things on the phone to help production. They were always wiling to assist with calls that escalated. The co-workers in this company were always willing to help answer questions when you could not get to management right away. The hardest part about this job was getting yelled at on a daily bases. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with management.
Pros
A great way to learn patience and understanding for others
Cons
Being yelled at on a daily basis by customers
Very fun if you work for the right client.
Apple Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 2, 2016
I worked under the Apple project. It was extremely fun until they did away with the sales team. Customer service was very challenging but I succeeded no matter what the issue was. I only had to leave because of a family emergency then found a different job in the process.
Pros
Free lunches, festivities, clients were active in the company
Cons
escalation management