GC Services Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,413 reviews
Secure and exciting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJuly 22, 2016
It have definitely had better management. The place had a lot of high schoolers and they were childish. It was like a big high school.
Pros
Sitting all day
Cons
Rude customers
I do not like this
Personal Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 20, 2016
I am not giving comments about this job. it is stupid that the system forces you to do this and you cannot skip it. I just want a job not to give what was good or wasn't about an old job I had.
Friendly enviroment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 18, 2016
A typical day working at GC services was the same thing day in and day out. I learned a lot working there, I learned how to talk to people on the phone professionally. Management needs some work, being one of the newbies out on the floor and asking a lot of questions, they treat you like you are an idiot.
Great Experience
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJuly 16, 2016
Being a bill collector isn't easy, but when you work with an amazing group of people, it doesn't seem so bad. The management was pretty good at keeping the moral on the floor up
Workplace
Representative (Former Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOJuly 14, 2016
It was a great experience but the pay could've been better and the overall working environment was very poor. The management was very unorganized and very unproffrofessional.
Best Management
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 13, 2016
collecting payments from the customer, I've Learned How take Payment thought the Phone. The Management was wonderful
Cons
Healthcare
Customer service
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 7, 2016
Took calls and was working for apple, was an ok place to work, was on high demand of how things were ran. People were always getting into the company because they were always hiring new people, learned how to help people navigate the websites, help get an order started and even cancel an order, help with billing information
Nice company
Customer Service Rep Agent (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 4, 2016
Kelly services is a great place to go for temporary jobs, they find you jobs quickly and will try to keep you working, they are good at finding Secretarial positions with good pay.
everyone works here
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJuly 4, 2016
everyone in the area works here. from grandmas to people fresh out of high school. its a easy job. they hire everyone. simple job, good lunches, easy hours.
review
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 4, 2016
Almost all of your coworkers are helpful with the exception of a few. The majority of people you come across are very blunt and direct so if your not used to that type of demeanor, you may not last long; because your too sensitive. This is one company that is really flexible with attendance. I mean you can miss and you can still have a job, you can't say that about any other company.
Pros
flexibility on attendance
Cons
pay
productive and fun
Cust Serv Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 1, 2016
the work environment was fun and productive, the only problem i had was some of there equipment was outdated. So that made my job harder.
Pros
discount on everything gc had a contract with
Cons
lunch break was short
Fun Place to work
Fed Ex Frieght Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 30, 2016
If you come in on time, they reward you GREATLY, they give away concert tickets, TV's , Comforters, Huge Teddy Bears, Mother's Day Baskets, and more they are very strict with the work scheduling and if you make a commitment to be there, like with any job time is money. You never go hungry there because they are always making sandwiches for everyone in the break room, the people are very nice. The shifts are very flexible if you do well with the jobs you are given , there is nothing they won't do to help you do better. This is the Best Place to Work in El Paso! Shifts are from 5 or 6am to 12am
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Nothing bad to say about this place
Bad Professionalnism
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJune 27, 2016
The job was easy, but the managers wasn't very helpful at all. I have learned how to deal and be very patient with people just by working there. while I was a Fin. Rep for the Harley Davidson department I enjoyed talking to the customers and making sure that they was well taken care of. My co-workers was okay, they really didn't help me at all, I had to learn for myself .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks, wasnt helpful
Collection agency
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
Worst place I ever work for in my life. Their 401 plan is a joke, they think it was a great deal to match at 4%. Last place I worked they matched at 50%. Holidays are the lowest I ever heard of, what professional company does not give employees the day after Thanksgiving off. When Houston flooded and employees could not make it into work they made those employees take a vacation day. They even made employees wade through the flood waters to perform their job, no concern about the safety of those employee.
Pros
NONE
regular call center
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJune 25, 2016
boring on most days, you find a good group of friends and chat all day however pay isn't very good. You could probably find a better paying job
solving problems of customers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 22, 2016
We all the time try to give excellent service for our value customers and direct them to solved their problems and make their lives more easily and happy
Pros
its easy when you are good training
Cons
By the phone its hard to express well
Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 21, 2016
I took incoming calls for the credit verification center for unpaid bill. I assessed risk, I collect debt and I verified identity. it was very quick for me to catch on and address people appropriately and redirect them to whoever they needed to be directed too, I collected amounts of money and I returned them to a sales representative for a new service to be made.
Good communication work
Front Desk Receptionist, (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 20, 2016
Answered and connected local and long distance telephone calls, I enjoyed every day I work in this place. lots of friends not only coworkers
It was an ok job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJune 20, 2016
It was an ok job, I feel like the pay that we are giving for the job, is not appropriate. There are a lot of great benefits though that do come with the job.
a great first job.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 20, 2016
GC Services is a place that truly will help you get experience with handling customers for the first time and learning how to effectively handle a call center environment. With that being said GC Services is by no means a place of permanent employment. There is no such thing as advancing yourself there and advancing your pay. I can't even say each step up is a lateral move, because you move up, to handle more work, but get paid the exact same. Spanish agents get paid more than actual management there who do literally so much. Aside from moving up, maybe that's not your goal. Well now you still have to deal with the high level of immaturity that goes through each department. In the two years of working there it's so strange how much gossip spread around as if I was in high school all over again. Not only from agents, management is no better. So if you want an easy first job or something to look good on your resume, this is a good start. Just don't waste your time thinking you will make something special out of this place.
Pros
helps get customer service experience
Cons
no advances in the company possible