GBS Mobility Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Easy Going
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, NSJune 4, 2016
I only work weekends and so far every shift has been very similar, I open server customers, and close up. Once and a while I will get the an unhappy client but other than that it is very easy going.
Cons
slow days get very boring.
Stressful, poor management team.
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NBMarch 14, 2016
Not a positive place to work. Out dated management team not willing or able to reset focus to win. Focus is directly on bringing in sales, not on proper fit to client.
Great Culture
Manager of Operations and Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 27, 2016
Great staff to work with. Need some help in areas but all in all taking steps in the right direction for the most part. Business model should take them far if it is implemented correctly.

Needs to focus on accountability
Pros
People
Cons
Room to grow
Great clients but horrible management
Business rep (Current Employee) –  TruroSeptember 10, 2015
Puts the telus name to shame.. just looking to make a buck off their clients. Worst management I've had. Comission is worst in the cell industry but more work expected
Pros
Telus is a great company
Cons
Gbs mobility is terrible telus dealer.
people and clients are aewsome but managment needs inprovment
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
there is never one set of instructions from one manager there is always 3-4 different sets of instructions on every project and every meeting and you kind of have to use your gut and hope you follow or choose the right one, Pay is not amazing at all very under paid and over worked for the amount of work you have to put into each account.
Pros
Amazing people to work with
Cons
salary is not the best
ok to earn experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 8, 2014
Only good thing is the people who work there with you. Other then that, nothing good to say. Future Shop pays more for mobile employees.Most places pay a higher wage to start and offer more after 3 months. Expect to have a new Phone launch and get absolutely no phones in. Which in return leads to disappointed customers, and no commission.
Pros
incentives, work life balance
Cons
lowest commission in the industry, any other retail location pays higher wages
Fast pace environment with hunter mentality!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Being an outside sales representative has taught me a lot of about business operations as a whole. The training provided at GBS is nothing but the best. Putting us in the minds of our clients and teaching the right persuasive technique to get business.

Sales and account management got easier as time progressed due to me ability to maintain close relationship with my clients by exceeding their needs of customer service.

2.6