Gazelle Employee Reviews

Simple work, but demanding hours
Receiving, Inspecting, Processing (RIP) Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY5 March 2017
The Receiving, Inspecting, and Processing Technician position was a fairly simple job to do, but the hours at the business were very demanding. Weeks tended to be 50-60 hours and had been like that for months. On top of a personal 40 minute one way drive to get to work, it was incredibly exhausting.

A typical day at work was inspecting phones and tablets, using a simple to understand computer questionnaire about possible defects, and determining if the product was good for resale or not. Entire job took place at a standing desk, although chairs were being given out right as I voluntarily left so that I could finish my Bachelor's degree, although they tended to hinder more than they helped, due to the desk size.

Managers I dealt with were extremely friendly and very willing to assist with any and all problems. Probably some of the best people I've worked for. They could be professional and personal at the same time, striking a good balance of being your boss, but also your friend. Someone who was there to help you and take care of you.

Hardest part of the job was honestly just the hours. There was very little movement for where I was stationed, so the long hours tended to give me leg and lower back pains from lack of movement.
Productive and awesome experiance
Rip/refurb phones (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY15 December 2016
It's a great place to work. You can choose to sit or stand. The people are awesome. Even the leads and trainers great people. They're patient with you. Any questions just ask. Never a wrong or right questions. Just ask.
Pros
You can take 30 to hr. lunch break and you get two 20min paid breaks
Cons
Not geting a chair
I loved working there very grateful apprected co-workers an employer. Great benefits an great pay. Great place to work at.
Picker/Packer (outbound) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY18 November 2016
Great all around place to be employed threw. Great benefits an great pay. Grateful coworkers an employer. Only downside is you only get two 10 minute breaks an of course you mandatory 30 minute lunch break. Also extremely fast pace working environment. Very tight work schedule to keep on time with during work hours.
Pros
4 day work week. 3 days off in a row
Cons
Bi-weekly pay period
Great people not so fun work
Processor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY29 September 2016
The turnover rate is high and I understand why. 10 hour days for $10 and hour. The management was great but they knew as much as the employees did. Wasn't the best place to work.
Pros
Good night management
Cons
Hours and pay
Excellent Company!
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY27 January 2016
A great company to work for. They do a lot to take care of their employees, and develop a culture that's wonderful to be in. There isn't much opportunity for advancement within the company, but day to day life is great.
Gazelle - awesome job
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY5 June 2014
The job was great, it was more at your own pace. good people. nice environment
Pros
good pay good hours 6-4am
Cons
the hours can sometimes get to you but thats it
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Wholesale Distribution & Consumer Relations Mgr (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA29 November 2013
A fantastic place to work in, as well as with, in regards to the people.
Pros
People and Culture
Drivers are dirt at Gazelle
Class A CDL Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX7 November 2013
I quit gazelle because of the constant mis-treatment of the drivers. Very much an us vs. them mentality by management. They also promised me quite a bit more money than I ended up making. Just getting management to talk to you was a challenge. They also tell you that traveling assignments are voluntary at the interview. But once hired you are often forced to travel for long periods of time so don't believe them when they tell you it's voluntary. My paychecks were constantly short and I constantly had to fight to get paid properly.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management, lies about driver salary and traveling.
Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Bridgewater, MA13 December 2012
• Answered the phones
• Updated Files and Records
• Computer Work
Pros
flexibility
Cons
advancement
A great store if your looking for dresses.
Driver/Salesman (Former Employee) –  İstanbul, T343 April 2012
I believe it is a great store and I would have kept on working if I hadn't moved to america.
Pros
good pay, great customer service.