The position of Executive Chef requires a hands on leadership roll in charge of a multi-faceted public facility. A brand new clubhouse built in 2012 with a 225 seat F&B banquet/tournament operation and 25-35 seat Bistro style restaurant.
As a leader of our Culinary team, we require a creative professional Chef/Kitchen Manager who will constantly strive to 'raise the bar' for food quality, while maintaining strong cost controls and P&L responsibility. As the Executive Chef, you will also focus on teaching and developing your culinary team to effectively represent our high standards for consistent food quality and presentation.
Our primary mandate is to showcase and support local suppliers, and to develop a sustainable team in a disciplined teaching kitchen environment while providing a truly memorable and unique experience for our golfers and our guests.
At The Gatineau Golf and Country Club, the Executive Chef enjoys a high profile within the community and the successful candidate would be expected to maintain this prestigious position of leadership and respect while enhancing the clubs public relations and well established quality reputation.
Reporting to The Food and Beverage Manager
The Executive Chef will be expected to:
- Maintain and execute the highest standards of quality in food preparation, kitchen operations, administration and guest relations while reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Be a "hands-on" role model, teacher and coach by mentoring culinary staff within the kitchen on a daily basis.
- Oversee hiring, ongoing training, coaching, and progressive discipline of employees.
- Be accountable for setting and maintaining standards of cleanliness, timing, uniform, grooming, organization, production, food quality, and consistency.
- Conduct regular monthly meetings with employees and keep them appraised of any departmental and club policy and procedural changes and insure the flow of communication is maintained throughout the departments.
- Enforce Company Policy & Procedures as well as Health and Safety practices.
- Create and update menus for all food and beverage menus including recipe cost cards and supplier databases to deliver high quality standards with strict portion controls, minimizing food costs and product waste.
- Control all labour and kitchen related costs.
- Review daily, weekly, monthly financial statements with Managing Director and recognize and oversee opportunities that may exist to reduce costs in all aspects of the F&B department.
- Utilize ordering systems for F&B products, equipment and supplies used by the departments.
- Work closely with other Department Managers to ensure cohesive involvement within all aspects of all departments within the club.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A CCC designation or minimum Red Seal certification or equivalent
- At least three to five years previous experience as an Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Head Chef or Kitchen Manager in country club environment, hotel, resort .
- Exceptional HR management, leadership, instructor, communication and cooking skills.
- Strong experience in banquet preparations and execution.
- French language a strong asset but not required
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard