Outside Sales Representative Responsibilities
DEFINITION AND SCOPE
- The Sales Representative is to develop and maintain the client base of GLG, and generate revenue in accordance with company policy and the objectives of the company. Sales representatives must conduct themselves in an ethically appropriate manner, with constant awareness of our reputation, and continuously develop good will on our behalf. This is to be accomplished through public demonstration, assigned sales activities, demographic and competitor awareness, the utilization of advertising and public awareness mechanisms, as well as direct sales approaches.
- An Outside Sales Representative is responsible for the following daily functions of the department.
1. Identify Target Client
2. Identify Suspects using Resources provided and recommended by GLG Sales Management.
3. Qualify and Set Appointments with New Prospects based on GLG’s Ideal Client
4. Set up daily Face to Face meetings
5. A Pre Call plan is required for each meeting followed by a Post Call with Manager that is scheduled weekly.
6. Qualify the Prospect once again in the Face to Face meeting to match what was said on the phone. The information should match unless information on the phone was misunderstood.
7. Utilize the Sandler Techniques learned in Classes/Audio CD’s and Books. Examples – UFC, Pain, Budget, Decision and Next Steps
Additional tasks include CRM updating and reporting on daily basis to ensure maximum utilization, managing documentation to get new customers entered into system, managing credit approval for each new customer, managing expense reports, Entertaining existing customers and existing prospects to lunch/dinner and other related functions. Responsible for territory management when setting schedules. Time Sheets turned in weekly in timely manner.
- Reports to: Branch Manager
This position is to work in concert with the members of the Operations Teams as well as all support groups.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Collegiate diploma in Business Administration and/or Distribution - Logistics Sciences or related business sciences with focus on logistics, distribution or fleet management
- Required: 1-5 years of Sales Experience
- Required: 1-5 years experience in freight forwarding / logistics
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Personal skills should include good verbal and written communication skills with appropriate command of the English language. This position must also possess an appreciation of cultural differences in work habits and the ability to meld these into the corporate expectations of overall performance. Computer skills should include a demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to type 35 words per minute with minimal errors. This position must also be able to perform logical process and mathematical analysis. Additionally, the person filling this position must have basic functional and working knowledge of the company automated reporting systems and be able to coordinate and transfer work on paper and automated results in written and oral form to customers, subordinates, associates and management from multiple locations and disciplines.
Must be able to do routine mathematic calculations, quotations and prepare accurate information while also relating to financial, human, and operating functions of the company.
Must be capable of presenting ideas, operational, and technical information, and be convincing and articulate when communicating with clients, vendors and associates and in making presentations in front of associates, management and customer.