Job Title: Maintenance Operator
Years of experience: 2
Closing date: 30/05/2014
- We are seeking an experienced, full-time, General Maintenance Operator for one of our buildings we are managing. Responsible for the day to day maintenance and operation of the site(s) to ensure clean and safe environment for tenants, customers, contractors, and employees.
The primary responsibilities are for the general upkeep and preventative maintenance inside and outside the Building. Maintenance duties include; pool testing and chemical adjusting, building repairs involving painting, grounds maintenance, recycling sorting, garbage pick-up, sweeping parkade, snow clearing, etc.
Conduct daily property check.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance on building structural elements and finishes, building equipment, HVAC systems and others as directed.
- Ensure life safety systems are operating efficiently.
- Identify and rectify any general maintenance issues.
- System monitoring of mechanical equipment.
- Coordinate contractor access and ensure all deficiencies are rectified.
- Advise manager on any building inefficiencies.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts for prompt and professional investigation and resolution to concerns.
- Respond to emergency after hour calls and participate in on-call services as required.
- Assist with seasonal building requirements.
- Basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical and miscellaneous repairs on site.
- Communicate and execute all work procedures set out by management.
- Other duties / projects as required.
- Applicants should possess similar related experience. Must display a positive attitude, pleasant demeanor and have strong people skills. Must be able to work well with others in a team environment. Must be disciplined to see projects through and be a motivated self-starter.
Sound knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical, emergency systems and fire and life safety
- Execute all work in a safe and professional manner and in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation guidelines and other applicable regulations
- Experience performing minor repairs, painting, drywall, electrical installations and plumbing
- Familiarity with safe work practices and construction standards
- Ability to prioritize and schedule all work to meet deadlines
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Candidates must possess a valid BC Driver's License. Technical and computer skills considered an asset. Candidates must have flexibility to work weekdays, weekends and holidays. Reliable transportation is essential.
We provide competitive hourly rates, and eligible staff may participate in our extended healthcare plan.
Resumes can be emailed or faxed to 250-762-0427. Due to anticipated response, only those candidates who will be interviewed will be contacted.