Gateway Mechanical, an industry leader in the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Industry is presently seeking a Vice President, Service for its Edmonton office. Gateway Mechanical has excelled and grown to be one of Western Canada's premier contractors for service and construction. The drive and commitment behind our success is in the quality of our people. We pride ourselves on teamwork, cooperation and getting the job done right the first time because With Gateway, it's personal.
As the VP, Service you are responsible for the complete customer experience across Western Canada. From dispatch, to field service and right through billing you ensure the highest possible customer service levels. The successful candidate will contribute to, and be an active participant in, the execution of the strategic plan and annual business plans. The Vice President, Service will be an integral part of the Executive Leadership Team; making key decisions for the overall operation of the company and reporting directly to the CEO.
The Vice President, Service will support the growth of the business while keeping in alignment with Gateway Mechanical Services’ values. Faced with the prospect of planned growth and continual change, this role is a thrilling opportunity for the right operations professional to diagnose problems, drive operational improvements, enhance processes, build relationships with stakeholders, and be part of the big picture.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative and forward thinking organization that champions corporate and personal growth. The Vice President, Service will be asked to lead the Service Division by making important corporate decisions; allowing the successful candidate to truly make an impact in the organization.
You will maximize performance as a service contractor through Operations Administration and ensuring a high level of labour productivity.
- You apply your process expertise to the most appropriate technologies to transform our manual billing processes into a highly efficient, accurate, process exceeding our customers’ expectations in timeliness.
- You will be accountable for the Service department’s financial contributions (gross margins and department contributions) ensuring efficient utilization of service assets.
- You will work with your Service Managers to create a manpower plan and daily deployment plan that minimizes non-chargeable hours and call-backs.
- You will work with Human resources to create strategic plans for recruitment and development of staff in order to build strong teams.
- You will celebrate team successes and promote a positive corporate culture in the office and field.
You will provide the best customer experience by creating a high level of customer satisfaction.
- You will ensure a high level of customer retention (percentage to be determined). You create and implement action plans to address service issues and trends as identified by data in gateway’s customers’ satisfaction feedback process.
- Together with the VP, Sales and Marketing, you will ensure the proper and effective onboarding of new customers.
- You will allow the sales function to pursue large contracts confidently and aggressively by ensuring high quality of work and exceptional customer service.
You will provide the best career experience for employees through safety, career management and culture.
- You will work to ensure that safety is paramount at all levels within the service function by actively supporting corporate safety programs and adhering to industry safety standards. You will achieve and or exceed annual safety targets.
- Your service team will be known to be the most technically sophisticated and capable group of technicians in the industry as validated by our clients and customer satisfaction scores.
- You will actively coach and develop the Service leadership team.
- You will champion Gateway’s performance management system within the Service function.
- Together with your team of Service Managers, you will work to create a superior work culture ensuring that Gateway is the clear leader in terms of desirable employers.
- You will develop relationships and communicate with our staff in all regions (BC, AB, SK, MB), regularly visiting the branch network. (Travel requirement: 35%)
- You will attend and participate in strategic discussions with the Executive Team, and, occasionally, the Independent Board of Directors.
This critical role will require the following education, experiences and attributes in order to be a successful and effective leader:
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A Professional Engineering designation (preferred discipline, Mechanical Engineering) or CET background combined with appropriate management/leadership experience and training (e.g. MBA); and
- A technical, commerce or related undergraduate degree or diploma.
- Minimum 5 years executive leadership experience;
- Significant operational excellence and customer service track record;
- Demonstrated familiarity with process improvement and large complex service operations;
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ambition to be a critical partner in the growth of the organization;
- A track record of building and maintaining relationships with internal teams and external partners (e.g. Strong labour, client, and vendor relations);
- A high level professional with strong business/financial acumen ensuring the maximization of financial performance;
- Comfortable in the field and in the Boardroom – being able to relate and communicate with all levels of the organization;
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to motivate staff members of diverse ages and cultural backgrounds;
- A professional who enjoys a challenge, possessing strong analytical and problem solving skills; and
- An individual who aspires to have a significant impact on the operations of the business.