Gateway Mechanical, an industry leader in the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Industry is presently seeking a knowledgeable Project Manager. Gateway Mechanical has excelled and grown to be one of Western Canada's premier contractors for service and construction. The drive and commitment behind our success is in the quality of our people. We pride ourselves on teamwork, cooperation and getting the job done right the first time because With Gateway, it's personal.
Working closely with the current Project Management Team underneath the supervision of Senior Project Management and the Vice President of Projects, you will manage commercial mechanical projects across western Canada.
Project Managers interpret blueprints, construction drawings, construction specifications, mechanical systems, contracts, building codes and communicate the project requirements and scope of work to the Field Superintendent to coordinate manpower requirements. They will also be responsible for communicating with clients and will act as a liaison between our clients and the installation crews.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Project scheduling
- Ordering equipment and materials
- Procuring subcontractors
- Reviewing shop drawings
- Completing monthly progress billings/invoice reviews
- Submitting subcontracts, professional documents, RFI’s and Change Order Pricing
- Design building to customer requirements
This position requires an individual with solid knowledge of construction, contracting and mechanical systems. The successful candidate will have skills in leadership, management and effective decision-making capabilities. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, along with a strong team orientation are required. The individual will need to be organized, pay attention to detail, be a motivated self-starter and possess a strong work ethic with a voluntary desire to occasionally work long hours to exceed expectations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Education in of one of the following NAIT programs: HVAC Specialist, B.E.S.T., Mechanical * * * * Engineering or Construction Engineering Technology programs with 4-6 years applicable experience or 8-10 years of industry experience in the mechanical building trades / commercial mechanical industry with supervision experience.
- Results oriented leadership skills and the ability to excel in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Exemplary communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving
- Superior multi-tasking and the ability to meet very tight deadlines
- Excellence in teamwork, professionalism, fiscal responsibility and a customer focused mentality
- Enthusiasm and drive to excel in a position where you have room to grow and build your career
- Good computer skills and knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office Programs
- PMI Certification, LEED Accreditation, CCA Gold Seal or Construction Administration Certificates considered an asset but not required
Generous compensation based on experience, comprehensive benefits including RSP and Health Spending Account, potential training and development and a great place to work!