Gateway Mechanical, an industry leader in the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Industry is presently seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator for our Edmonton office. Gateway Mechanical has excelled and grown to be one of Western Canada’s premier contractors for service and construction. The drive and commitment behind our success is the quality of our people. We pride ourselves on team work, cooperation and getting the job done right the first time because with Gateway, it’s personal.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and be responsible for providing accurate and timely preparation of a centralized weekly payroll for both hourly and salary staff in multiple locations across Western Canada. In addition, this position is responsible for the clerical administration of our benefit plans and associated weekly and monthly accounting duties. The coordinator is also responsible for maintaining employee files and ensuring compliance with Federal and Provincial payroll regulations and compliance payroll relevant aspects of various Union contracts.
As Payroll and Benefits Administrator with Gateway Mechanical your tasks would include:
- Timely and accurate preparation of weekly payroll for both hourly and salary employees in all Gateway locations.
- Payroll reporting and maintenance of employee records
- Administration of employee benefit plans including ensuring employees are properly enrolled in various company benefit plans and prepare associated reporting and remittances.
- Preparing operation labour analysis reports and weekly labour distribution journal entries.
- Providing accurate monthly reporting and remittances to various Unions
- Ensuring Gateway is in compliance with Governmental and other third party requirements as they relate to payroll.
- Coordinating year-end payroll reconciliations including issuing T-4s
- Providing direction to clerical staff on payroll related functions
- Providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Minimum of 3-5 years payroll experience, preferably in an ADP environment
- CPM designation or final stages
- Strong accounting and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of trades apprenticeship programs is an asset
- Understanding of RSPs is an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
Generous wages paid weekly, RSP’s and comprehensive, employer paid benefits with HSA.