Gateway Casinos Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Don't waste your time
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  KelownaJune 2, 2016
This organization treats their server like the lower of the species. I would suggest not waste your time. If you don't believe me look at their ad and I quote can you stand for long periods of time....I don't know can most people stand for eight hours and never take a break. The staff is miserible and I don't blame them. That's what you get when your under paid and over worked. I guess the standing for long period of time does that to a person. If your really desperate I guess go work there but I would suggest welfare you will make more money. Think about it when you see a company constantly advertising for server it's not because nobody know how to serve there is a reason for that it's pretty self explanatory don't make the mistake it's not fun and it's a really degrading experience that I suggest you save yourself from encountering.
Pros
Quitting or getting fired
fun and somtimes exciting
Gaming Security Officer / First Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 18, 2016
I've been a excellent employee for over eleven years of service...

over eleven years I've seen structural growth friends family born as well watch friends succeed .
Pros
Great company
Cons
needs a pension plan for employees
Stay far far away from gateway lake city
manager kind of (Former Employee) –  lake cityMay 29, 2013
I was employed by this "team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos"

What a joke. They pay you little money and have no structure. The training programs that were used 10 years ago are still their standards today. The site I worked at the staff brought in their own stuff from home to keep the F/B and other departments running.

We had to beg the GM to get us two trays of sandwiches' for our guests when we offed a major poker tournament format.

If there posting for a Games Manager or General Manager beware..........the duties are not even close to what they describe and you will be flushing you gaming career down the toilet.

This companies standards and vision is to cut as much as possible while maintaining an efficient operation. Good Luck

And I left on good terms.
Pros
very few its a place to get a paycheck not build a career
Cons
too many
ugh...don't waste your time
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCApril 6, 2013
Do you like:
Dealing with drunks
Dealing with gambling addicts, who make it your fault they're losing
Dealing with customers who can get under your skin and you can't do anything about it, because you're trained to be "professional"
Dealing with clueless management
Dealing with constant changing policies that have 0 logic or reason
Working until 4am every Friday and Saturday
Working until 2am the rest of the week
Not having any friends outside of work, only the people you work with

Then this is a job for you
Pros
early-out
Cons
everything
Gateway Casino
Gaming Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Surrey BCJanuary 21, 2013
The typical day at Gateway casinos was a decent day. You would arrive at work and commence working within 20 mins. I learned a lot of skills for advancement in my career in Law Enforcement. Hardest part of the job was the overnights with no rotation.
Stay away
No body! (Former Employee) –  BurnabySeptember 17, 2014
Stay away! Lie upon lie! If bullying is what you like then take a position with gateway!
Cons
everything
Casino environment
Gaming Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Westminster BCFebruary 20, 2013
24 hour casino environment. Warning you may become addicted to gambling seeing it all day. Often depressing environment.

2.9