Gateway Casinos

Gateway Casinos Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Generally a good place to work
Supervisor, Security Department (Former Employee), Langley, BCSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: shift work
Cons: shift work
As a Supervisor for the Security Department, my day would start with reviewing the events of the previous shift. I ensured that my shift was sufficiently staffed to meet the Casino safety requirements. I liaised with Management and BCLC Representatives to investigate unusual activities and resolved conflicts.
Had good Management and staff to work with.
Dealing – more... with intoxicated patrons was my least enjoyable part of the job. Watching people lose their hard earned money and become addicted to gambling was a close second. I enjoyed the daily interaction with players and my co-workers.
Gateway allowed me to use my judgement which greatly helped me better my customer service, conflict management and decision making skills. – less
Stay far far away from gateway lake city
manager kind of (Former Employee), lake cityMay 29, 2013
Pros: very few its a place to get a paycheck not build a career
Cons: too many
I was employed by this "team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos"

What a joke. They pay you little money and have no structure. The training programs that were used 10 years ago are still their standards today. The site I worked at the staff brought in their own stuff from home to keep the F/B and other departments running.

We had to beg the GM – more... to get us two trays of sandwiches' for our guests when we offed a major poker tournament format.

If there posting for a Games Manager or General Manager beware..........the duties are not even close to what they describe and you will be flushing you gaming career down the toilet.

This companies standards and vision is to cut as much as possible while maintaining an efficient operation. Good Luck

And I left on good terms. – less
ugh...don't waste your time
Dealer (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCApril 6, 2013
Pros: early-out
Cons: everything
Do you like:
Dealing with drunks
Dealing with gambling addicts, who make it your fault they're losing
Dealing with customers who can get under your skin and you can't do anything about it, because you're trained to be "professional"
Dealing with clueless management
Dealing with constant changing policies that have 0 logic or reason
Working until 4am – more... every Friday and Saturday
Working until 2am the rest of the week
Not having any friends outside of work, only the people you work with

Then this is a job for you – less
Casino environment
Gaming Security Officer (Former Employee), New Westminster BCFebruary 20, 2013
24 hour casino environment. Warning you may become addicted to gambling seeing it all day. Often depressing environment.
Gateway Casino
Gaming Security Officer (Current Employee), Surrey BCJanuary 21, 2013
The typical day at Gateway casinos was a decent day. You would arrive at work and commence working within 20 mins. I learned a lot of skills for advancement in my career in Law Enforcement. Hardest part of the job was the overnights with no rotation.