Are you passionate about the value people living with disability bring to the workplace?
Are you creative, tenacious, innovative, resilient, and resourceful?
Are you eager to take risks and overcome new challenges?
Are you interested in combining good business sense with social responsibility?
If so, you may be interested in becoming Gateway’s “Employment Awareness Manager”.
The “Employment Awareness Manager” works with the Gateway employment team to raise education and awareness about inclusive employment for individuals living with intellectual disabilities through a variety of initiatives under “We Belong”.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential inclusive employers.
- Work with job-seekers to identify potential employment themes and assist in seeking out suitable employment opportunities.
- Assist and maintain “We Belong” decal distribution.
- Facilitate presentations and workshops as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of intellectual and developmental disabilities and the challenges faced around inclusive employment.
- Experience with “job carving” or working with modified duties.
- Understanding of both for-profit and not-for-profit industries.
- Personable, able to develop and maintain networks and relationships.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Values around inclusion and diversity consistent with Gateway’s vision and mission.
- Experience in marketing, promotion, technology, and research.
To apply: If you have questions about this position, please contact
Christine @ 780-454-0701 Extension 107
Forward resume to:
Reply to this ad or Fax 780-454-0843
Hours: 35 hours a week; Monday to Friday with some flexibility
Salary: Salary based on experience
Deadline: July 19, 2013, 4:00 p.m.
Estimated Start: August 2013
Gateway Association is an organization that works with individuals who have developmental disabilities as well as their families. Gateway...