GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great stepping stone if unemployed.
Lead/Production work (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2013
You get heir with different ethnic group. Start work in the assembly line. Have a lunch or breakfast, which ever they supply you with. And finish up to go home. you get paid ever week on a Thursday.
productive work place
Caterer (Former Employee), LondomJuly 24, 2013
Pros: fre meals
Cons: long hours
was a great place to work, my typical day at work consist of prepare the trays for passenger meals on their flight.
I learnt about working as part of a team, management were approachable and easy to talk to .The co workers we were like a family nice atmosphere good communication, the hardest part of the job was the was the long hours.
The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was meeting people from all backgrounds and cultures – less
Employee
Employee (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2013
Terrible company and work lots of hours. Nothing good here unless you want this to be the only thing in your life. Management is terrible and all the company wants is more from you. Not worth the time.
GREAT COMPANY
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2013
MY REVIEW OF SECURITAS IS THAT THERE A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR PLENTY OF HRS AND OPPORTUNITY
Alot of work
Quality Assurance Administrator (Former Employee), londonJuly 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: stressful
Good company but not much help from colleges. but as its good moments.
Very interesting place to work with different types of food to prepare.
Lead Cook / Sous Chef (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2013
I would start at 5:00 am cook, cool,rap, all food for the girls to plate. The flight would leave our kitchen at 4:00 pm to be loaded on the plain. It was a very high paste high volume job. So all personnel hard to work together and get the job done to get the meals out on time.
Pay was good
DRIVER (Former Employee), College Park, GAJune 29, 2013
Pros: paid every week, good benefits
Cons: lunch was too short
Pay was good the working conditions could have been better. Better equipment should have been provided as well as trucks with a/c for the summer.
Its was a decent job
Food Assembler (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 27, 2013
Gate Gourment wasn't a bad job it was just that there was a lot of things that had to be done in a short period of time.
productive
Production Operative (Former Employee), londonJune 24, 2013
Pros: breaks and good food
Cons: plate collection
fun and productive
to use diffrent machinery
helpfull people
good people
plate collection
work
Love getting home 12;30pm get the whole afternoon to your family
Food Prodution Worker (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 21, 2013
there is always work and you stay busy i like that cause time goes by fast.
On phone non stop for hours at a time
Kronos Support Analyst/Mainframe COBOL programmer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 19, 2013
Pros: free lawn care
Cons: bad work environment
Supporting 45 plus locations thru phone PC interface. Management was an issue. Good people to work with but no room for advancement. The phones never stopped ringing. Meeting some really nice people.
job security
CSA Driver Helper (Former Employee), College Park, GAJune 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
gate gourmet is a union based company so employees have job security from the company
This jobs sucks!!!
Storeroom Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2013
Pros: payday every week
Cons: all management sucks as they follow andy lane, anthony more, jennifer kincade, francisco pizarro, and all their ci group
The best supervisor I ever had and showed how to work and to to be successful my boss Francisco Diaz !!!! And to much favoritism with the union we have!!!!!
Productive and challenging
Process Owner (Current Employee), HeathrowJune 12, 2013
Gate Gourmet is a company that recognizes talent and develops people. A very friendly place to work in. New starters are always made to feel welcome,
Airlines food
Bond Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 11, 2013
In the bond department you will need to make the trolley ready for wine and spirits for airline.

you will need to finish certain target in certain time scale
Worse than Walmart
Training and OD Consultant (Former Employee), NationwideJune 10, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: too many to mention
Before joining as a consultant, I used to work for a competitor. I spent many weeks at the L.A. facility trying to stabilize many of the HR issues that were overwhelming the local crew. Headquarters couldn't have cared less. I have never in all my years seen an organization so dysfunctional. Many of the managers were cast-offs from other airline catering – more... companies....some I knew had been accused of stealing company property. It was the "Sweat Hogs" re-born. There is no dignity with working for Gate Gourmet. Try LSG Sky Chefs or Flying Food Group if you want to be in Inflight. – less
ok. company to work for...depends on level..i was senior management but still not happy..
Corporate Quality and OPEX Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2013
Ol Fashioned, all boys club sort of company. hard to shift mindset and old way of thinking. left due to being overworked at their LAX facility...a mess to say the least...
Great Place to Work
Senior .Net Developer (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 5, 2013
The knowledge level, professionalism and commitment of the IT staff is very high, good people to work with.Great place to work with good work/life balance.
Great place to work and great employees.
Storeroom Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2013
Pros: weekly pay, free lunch, free dinner, oppertunities to move up.
Cons: poor management at times.
Check in and receive orders from companys vendors. Stock and rotate goods according to expiration date. I have learn to be paitent with others and work together as a team, and manage time wisely to avoid company overtime. My co- workers are great and fun to be around and together we knock out our work. There is actuall no hard part to my job, because – more... I was trained properly by staff. The most enjoyable part about my job is working together as a team and getting work done fast. – less
I enjoyed it somewhat
DRIVER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2013
Pros: free lunch, good pay
Cons: the way you get treated
Its just like any other job I guess where you work hard and get almost no credit. The pay was decent.

About GateGourmet

Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of┬áthe – Read more