GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Use to be a good place to work recently has gone down hill
Vice President Operations Excellence North America (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours benifits declining
Gategourmet people are hardworking fun loving people who have done remarkable things. .
Very busy and stressful
Account Manager (Current Employee), VAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, dinner
Cons: long breaks and down time
Not a lot to say , other than wanting out after my first month.
HIgh Paced Enviroment
Dispatcher/ Logistics (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Gate Gourmet is a place where you learn something new everyday and practice patience on daily bases. I do like the high paced environment and working under pressure. Makes the day go by quite quickly and always keeps you on your toes. Management, at least at the kitchen I work at, seems afraid of change. No growing opportunity which unfortunately leads – more... to people finding the right placement elsewhere. – less
slavery for minimum wage
Food Assembler (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Cons: pay, lunch, shift
I hated working here. Eight dollars an hour for getting up at 3 in da morning to start work at 4 and work in the cold. I actually think my body hated this place more than me. Everyday i leave with and aching back and knees from the cold. The job itself i actually enjoyed it was da working conditions i could no longer tolerate.
Fun place to work at
Food assembly (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: when i leave work
fun keeps you busy, learn new recipes, co workers are respectable and helpful, the job is easy, taying buy at all times.
N/A
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Chicago,ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: lack of apprciation from management
A very fast pace but simple job. must be able to work in extreme temperatures. Both cold or very warm. Multiple breaks throughout the workday.
Adaptable company
SAP Receiving Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: being last person in
I've learned multitasking at it's highest level, in positions I never thought I could do.
Productive place with some fun times.
Tax Internship (Former Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 23, 2014
This was a easy environment to work in and was a smooth atmosphere everyday. Fun came in going for lunches, to cupcakes for birthday's etc. Tax is boring sometime but at Gategourmet we made the best out of it with little jokes and kept spirits up when we were busy.
Hate it
Food Processor (Former Employee), College Park,GaJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: pay day every week
Cons: everything
Management was horrible, The Food was horrible. I did not like how my Kitchen Unit 300 was run. They sweep, things under the rug when stuff went bad. The management showed favoritism. Our General Manager was a racist and so was my Executive Chef. The pay was horrible. I would not recommend this place of work for anyone
Keeps you business
Lead for the crew (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2014
Working in the freezer is pretty good when they supply what you need to stay warm while cleaning the freezer. Some of the managers there are not the bust but some will help when need help. The funniest thing about this place is when your ready to go home. Every day is different from yesterday. Have some good Co workers but some can not be trusted.
the actual physical job of catering aircraft is manageable, the rest of the job is not
Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: the rest of it
Its all good through orientatation and training, but when you arrive on the dock by yourself to work solo, you are truly by yourself. If you don't speak the language, you are on the outside and wont be tolerated for long. Oh, and the language isn't English. Management is clueless as to whom is running the show. Whetto need not apply.
Horrible
Food Prep (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAJanuary 5, 2014
I hated this place with all my heart, it's the only job I've ever resigned from. You've been warned.
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2013
Cons: no lunch breaks, fast-paced
Not a great job at all especially if you have a family. Higher management doesn't care about its employees, TRUCKS HAVE NO HEAT!! Weather conditions are treacherous in Chicago sometimes. VERY COLD in December with trucks with no heat or little heat. Summertime, trucks with no AC!
productive
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Forest Park, GADecember 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
it was cold and smelly at this job we did get great benefits and free lunch every day i was simple but still kinda hard i loved it also great people and managers
Fast Paced environment. You really have to be a self motivator within the organization.
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), Hapeville, GADecember 23, 2013
Pros: interacting with the employees
Cons: resistance to change
In management, one has to be able to pick up the pieces and role. The individual has to be determined. Fast paced environment. It's really great working with the employees and implementing change throughout the Unit.
very friendly work place
Stocker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
they fed us ...free food and i have nothing bad to say about them...
Gate Gourmet (Chicago) Honestly BS
General Kitchen (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2013
Pros: connections to other companies in the airport
Cons: not worth $8.50
So, first I must say getting paid 8.50 for a night shift is disrespectful at a airport. Yes, they we will try to over work you DEPENDING on the section you work in. (Galley) (flight checker gets $10). Then the Union Fees are there, I think about 75 a month. Staff wise, it's cool people there and of course tricks with masks. So watch what you do and – more... say. Also your schedule changes monthly or so. Honestly this job isn't for people with families or kids... Not worth the hassle – less
Stressful
Equipment Assembler (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2013
Cons: predominately hispanic, serious language barrier for english speaking people
My experience there was stressful. The language barrier was horrendous and the supervisors were unhelpful
over worked under, staffed an under paid
not enough training
even if you dont want to you have to join the union
alot of miscommunication between managers

About GateGourmet

Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of┬áthe – Read more