GateGourmet Employee Reviews

No time to play around, just concentration at work
Miantenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2016
Working a Gate a Gourmet it was one of my best experience in life, moving inside of the international airport inspecting and helping the fleet trucks serving food for the different airlines on time. My co-workers all them show all the secret to be an expert in a short time. the hardest part of the job was, when we have a broken truck in the door of one airplane Gate Gourmet have to pay $1,000 for every minute to take off deleted
Pros
The food at any break time was good
Cons
The time at working hours we were busy all day full
Friendly place to work
National Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
nice place to work, flexible working hours, friendly staff, meeting people,right next to airport, open door policy with executive management
Pros
on site cafeteria
Great team and friendly people
Operations Excellence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
Great place to start a career as most people are friendly easy to approach and willing to help.
Cafe provides free meals 3 times a day.
Live environment
Order Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2016
I have learned to give best possible customer service at Gate Gourmet Canada. Because of weather or any occasions, we have busy environment so colleagues and managers are always there to help out each other. Friendly and live environment all the time.
Pros
Free food, milk, coffee, tea as much as you want
productive under stress and fun department.
Foodstore Leadhand Receiver (HACCP) (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC22 January 2016
learned alot about different aircraft types,
when working with a good group of co-workers, makes a day enjoyable!
responsiblity and leadership.
learned about quality of foods(fruits,veg,meats and fish)
very good experience in the work force.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some poor managment.
Fun Place to work very busy place
Central Order Control Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON1 December 2015
it was great place to go to work, people are very friendly. Everyone is helpful, free food to eat and close to airport.Everyday you busy with different tasks and some routine work

Shift rotation and 24/7 is the hardest part
Pros
Free food
Cons
rotation shift and 7 days work
alright place to work
ware wash (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2015
the working environment is very cold, messy because of the leftover food and wet at times depending on which division you work in.
Pros
lunch is provided
Cons
long shifts
Desired place to Work at but can be stressful and hard at times.
Commissary Worker at Pearson Airport (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2015
There would be days where work tasks wouldn't be too tedious and were manageable by one person. Other days one person would be expected to do the work-load of 2-3 people by himself. Equipment and elevators sometimes didn't work which complicated work-load for everybody. Staff was properly taken care of and fed in terms of health and safety.
Pros
Free lunches
Very great management and working environment
Maintenance Technician - (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 October 2015
My manager at the time was always very supportive from the beginning. The work was very extensive and organized. Got every job done with ease as all equipment and training was available.
12 hours shift, very long hour with very challenging target
Team Manager/Production Supervisor- EPA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
Over all good but no career growth opportunity, no bonus and increment though every half year evaluation is done.I have leaned lots of new things to implement as in management
good place to work, friendly environment, pay is below par
Billing Reconciliation / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2015
it was nice to work there, but the management was over stressed due to the new acquisition. the old systems were making alot of errors so they still try to manage it all. especially the mistakes that Cara made they were the one to rectify and improve it all.
worst ever team
Planner - Dispatcher - Transport Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 March 2015
This was like working back in the 60's .... 1860
Unfortunately management has less than necessary skill sets and experience.
Lead Hand, BarBuilder (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC23 February 2015
the funnest part of the job is going home after 8hrs...good co-workers to be around, I've learned to that the airport business is not for me
Depends on locations
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2014
Like many large company, how good is to work there depends on your immediate boss and the exact location you are working in. I am not going to put the whole company down, but the location that I had a brief encounter with was not a place I would suggest. The senior management was not transparent, he micro-manages (like management meeting daily!) I have been in similar role in a similar size company, and I meet with my senior staff once a week, not daily!!! My first 90 days there, the GM wants me to suspend close to 20% of my department! When I voiced my opinion he decided to discharge me. Furthermore, during my time there, I told him that we should look at the quality of food we produced by doing taste test (like most food manufacturing company that I headed up), his comment was that we never got our audition marks dotted because of taste!!! Good grief, that's what we are feeding the airline customers?!!!
Pros
Large company, chance to grow
Cons
Senior management has very little knowledge of food industry
Amazing Workplace Opportunity
Marshal or tow aircraft (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2014
Working in the field of hospitality and tourism has taught me great skills in customer care and service and I plan on utilizing these skills to expand my knowledge and apply them to be apart of a company with integrity, compassion, and cooperation. I got to learn a great deal of the flight operations as this was my 2nd year of seasonal experienceand I hope to learn more. The hardest part of the job was trying not to be amazed by the planes everyday!
Pros
Gourmet lunch everyday
Cons
Afternoon shift
Good Benefits
Retail Technology Agent (Current Employee) –  Alberta Canada20 September 2014
Management in our section is easy to deal with long as you do your job well.
My co-workers are great.
Typical day at work would be getting into each plane that lands to perform task like updating
Pros
adjustable schedule
Cons
working outside to get into the plane during winter
great benefits
Breakfast/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2014
good company for Hospitality/ Great benefits. Friendly staff./
Unproductive workplace, but good for the people who want to have fun.
CFO (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 June 2014
This place is not for the people who work hard. This place is for the people who can play politics.
Management consist of unprofessional people who do not qualified.
Productive and fast-paced work place
Kitchen Assistant and Galley Builder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2014
A typical day at work starts at 6:30 am and ends at 3:00pm. I prepare meals for flights and help with packaging. I learned a lot about team work, precision and punctuality. We have a good management team and helpful co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Every day is different
Food Prep/Production (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2014
Good union job,& benefits,but no where to move up.Working in the airline industry,new owners are trying to break up our union,work stability is in the dark.Over all my fellow employees,supervisors are good people.