GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great stepping stone for a new professionals
Financial Analyst / Senior Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Sterling, VAFebruary 27, 2014
It is a great place to gain knowledge and understanding for individuals who are starting a new career or recent graduates. I have learned a great deal about food catering business during my tenure. I also had great interaction and relationship with most of my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is navigating through politically charged climate – more... and lack of leadership in management positions. – less
Very productive!
Bonded Clerk (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
I actually enjoyed working for gategourmet and also the different international airlines very time consuming on all areas of the workplace great benefits exceptional management and being able to bond with coworkers my time there was a growth that i enjoyed.
Can't be yourself-no room for talking or creativity
Food Assembler (Current Employee), Sterling, VAFebruary 24, 2014
Horrible place to work. No communication between managers. Treatment of employees by managers is abysmal. Like working in a sweatshop.
Recruiter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2014
A very good company to work for. Very fast pace You have to pay attention to detail
combined my driving skills and food service knowledge
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), airport-atl gaFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: it was hands on
Cons: pay
ordered food and other supplies for commissaries,went to warehouse loaded truck with forklift went back to commissaries restocked to keep par levels
A very safe place to work
Porter (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2014
smart management, clean building, has a union for employee
Use to be a good place to work recently has gone down hill
Vice President Operations Excellence North America (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours benifits declining
Gategourmet people are hardworking fun loving people who have done remarkable things. .
Very busy and stressful
Account Manager (Current Employee), VAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, dinner
Cons: long breaks and down time
Not a lot to say , other than wanting out after my first month.
HIgh Paced Enviroment
Dispatcher/ Logistics (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Gate Gourmet is a place where you learn something new everyday and practice patience on daily bases. I do like the high paced environment and working under pressure. Makes the day go by quite quickly and always keeps you on your toes. Management, at least at the kitchen I work at, seems afraid of change. No growing opportunity which unfortunately leads – more... to people finding the right placement elsewhere. – less
slavery for minimum wage
Food Assembler (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Cons: pay, lunch, shift
I hated working here. Eight dollars an hour for getting up at 3 in da morning to start work at 4 and work in the cold. I actually think my body hated this place more than me. Everyday i leave with and aching back and knees from the cold. The job itself i actually enjoyed it was da working conditions i could no longer tolerate.
Fun place to work at
Food assembly (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: when i leave work
fun keeps you busy, learn new recipes, co workers are respectable and helpful, the job is easy, taying buy at all times.
N/A
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Chicago,ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: lack of apprciation from management
A very fast pace but simple job. must be able to work in extreme temperatures. Both cold or very warm. Multiple breaks throughout the workday.
Adaptable company
SAP Receiving Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: being last person in
I've learned multitasking at it's highest level, in positions I never thought I could do.
Productive place with some fun times.
Tax Internship (Former Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 23, 2014
This was a easy environment to work in and was a smooth atmosphere everyday. Fun came in going for lunches, to cupcakes for birthday's etc. Tax is boring sometime but at Gategourmet we made the best out of it with little jokes and kept spirits up when we were busy.
Hate it
Food Processor (Former Employee), College Park,GaJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: pay day every week
Cons: everything
Management was horrible, The Food was horrible. I did not like how my Kitchen Unit 300 was run. They sweep, things under the rug when stuff went bad. The management showed favoritism. Our General Manager was a racist and so was my Executive Chef. The pay was horrible. I would not recommend this place of work for anyone
Keeps you business
Lead for the crew (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2014
Working in the freezer is pretty good when they supply what you need to stay warm while cleaning the freezer. Some of the managers there are not the bust but some will help when need help. The funniest thing about this place is when your ready to go home. Every day is different from yesterday. Have some good Co workers but some can not be trusted.
the actual physical job of catering aircraft is manageable, the rest of the job is not
Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: the rest of it
Its all good through orientatation and training, but when you arrive on the dock by yourself to work solo, you are truly by yourself. If you don't speak the language, you are on the outside and wont be tolerated for long. Oh, and the language isn't English. Management is clueless as to whom is running the show. Whetto need not apply.
Horrible
Food Prep (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAJanuary 5, 2014
I hated this place with all my heart, it's the only job I've ever resigned from. You've been warned.
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2013
Cons: no lunch breaks, fast-paced
Not a great job at all especially if you have a family. Higher management doesn't care about its employees, TRUCKS HAVE NO HEAT!! Weather conditions are treacherous in Chicago sometimes. VERY COLD in December with trucks with no heat or little heat. Summertime, trucks with no AC!
productive
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Forest Park, GADecember 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
it was cold and smelly at this job we did get great benefits and free lunch every day i was simple but still kinda hard i loved it also great people and managers

About GateGourmet

Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of┬áthe – Read more