GateGourmet Employee Reviews

Worst place to work at, worst boss to work for
Warehouse & Procurement (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2013
I came on board with a vast experience and background in distribution. However, I found the GM of YEG is involved in hiding facts and selective in his approach. He targeted those who he didn't like regardless of their work ethics. Evidence of theft on the job was provided to him on several instances and he gave the employees in question a benefit of doubt. He also worked on projects without a clear priority in mind and did not do any follow up. He showed his senior management that everything was great but in fact it wasn't. Through out my time, I didn't receive any praise for my work despite my long hours or extra work to get the job done. I will never recommend him to any one nor will I work for such a person in my life. His management team included some persons that were not qualified and were getting a free hand due to his selective targeting. The work place was a terrible example of a plant that provided catering to the best airlines in the world. The GM should have been removed long time ago as he was in the footsteps of previous management who I didn't work with but heard numerous stories about their malpractices and other unprofessional work ethics. Overall the company is not a bad company but the Edmonton branch was the worst place to work at due to the senior management. I will never go back there as I have nightmares of the place. You will be surprised that your work is being judged by a person who doesn't even know your work and is unable to support and ducks you. There were instances where my boss left me face the heat directly from customers when there could have  more... been a better explanation of things, had my boss knew what was going on.  less
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unclear priorities, undisciplined work place, worst boss
Every month birthday and anniversary cup cakes.
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2013
Everyday is a great day at work, a typical day is doing inventory, shipping, receiving and make sure all things are supplied so that there is no delays.
I learn that you have to be flexible and when you work with others it's a good idea to lead by example
I work with great management that are willing to listen and make it easy for us to give our customers the best service.
I have great co-workers where we can help each other and get the work done.
The hardest part of my job is not knowing if I have a job or if I am going to be laid off at any giving time.
I really do enjoy everything about my job, I fell like what ever you are doing for a living you have to enjoy it and it will not fell like work at all.

Pros
Free lunch and parking.
Cons
I wake up at 3:00am
Too many long hours, short staffed, high turnover
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec2 March 2013
Hours are long, working conditions not the best, short staffed and a high turnover of employees. Salary freezes and when time for a raise after salary freezes, you are back to square 1, more salary freezes !
Pros
some nice people
Cons
long hours, hectic constantly
Airline Catering
ASG Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2012
Fast paced environment.
Good management.
Fun loving colleagues.
NOT A GOOD PLACE TO BE EMPLOYEED
NO COMMENT (Current Employee) –  TORONTO3 August 2012
WORST JOB EVER!!!....DO NOT APPLY, YOU WILL REGRET IT BIG TIME.
Pros
no comment
Cons
long hours-rude employees and management
atmosphère réellement pas bonne
ancien chauffeur (Former Employee) –  montréal-trudeau30 July 2016
la pire compagnie pour qui j,ai travaillé pas le temps de souper la plus part du temps et plus tu en donne a la compagnie plus il en demande pendant que les sans coeur je pogne le c_ _ les autres travail comme des fous pas capable d'apprécier les bons employé moins tu en fait mieux tu est traité
Pros
repas gratuit oui quand tu as le temps de manger 10 minutes et pas mangeable
favoritisme/racial
chauffeur (Former Employee) –  dorval26 July 2015
le travail que je faisais était motivant on ne voit pas l'heure passer
cependant le management le rendait compliqué en favorisant certains et écrasant d'autres
Pros
repas inclus
Cons
syndicat corrompu