GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Benefits
Retail Technology Agent (Current Employee), Alberta CanadaSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: adjustable schedule
Cons: working outside to get into the plane during winter
Management in our section is easy to deal with long as you do your job well.
My co-workers are great.
Typical day at work would be getting into each plane that lands to perform task like updating
great benefits
Breakfast/Grill Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 18, 2014
good company for Hospitality/ Great benefits. Friendly staff./
Productive and fast-paced work place
Kitchen Assistant and Galley Builder (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, benefits
A typical day at work starts at 6:30 am and ends at 3:00pm. I prepare meals for flights and help with packaging. I learned a lot about team work, precision and punctuality. We have a good management team and helpful co-workers.
Every day is different
Food Prep/Production (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Good union job,& benefits,but no where to move up.Working in the airline industry,new owners are trying to break up our union,work stability is in the dark.Over all my fellow employees,supervisors are good people.
Productive and fun place to work at
Final Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto International AirportNovember 21, 2013
Pros: fresh buffet lunches cooked by chef
Cons: short hours per weekly
A typical day is starting my shift around 10 am until 7pm, pick up my flight schedules and list of flights for the day, usually domestic flights; such as montreal, vancouver, etc. I rarely dealt with international flights since i was a seasonal p/timer and a junior within the company because they are bigger flights, and i mean by that with return meals – more... as well so it's double. Atleast, i received 10-12 flights per day. The management and co-workers were great, loved them all but i barely use to see the supervisor around, but quality assurance is usually around or customer service since it is food handling. As a final Assembler, my job was to ensure/check all the required meals are on board and ready to go onto the departing flight at my own pace within datelines provided by the management. The hardest part was not getting enough hours to work as the other senior employees. The most enjoyable was each worker gets their own flights to work with at their own timeframe and separated. I loved everyone and Gate gourmet is a great company, fun, huge and has a great reputation. – less
friendly working environment
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2013
Learned to work as a Team Member , Had friendly environment.
Worst place to work at, worst boss to work for
Warehouse & Procurement (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unclear priorities, undisciplined work place, worst boss
I came on board with a vast experience and background in distribution. However, I found the GM of YEG is involved in hiding facts and selective in his approach. He targeted those who he didn't like regardless of their work ethics. Evidence of theft on the job was provided to him on several instances and he gave the employees in question a benefit of – more... doubt. He also worked on projects without a clear priority in mind and did not do any follow up. He showed his senior management that everything was great but in fact it wasn't. Through out my time, I didn't receive any praise for my work despite my long hours or extra work to get the job done. I will never recommend him to any one nor will I work for such a person in my life. His management team included some persons that were not qualified and were getting a free hand due to his selective targeting. The work place was a terrible example of a plant that provided catering to the best airlines in the world. The GM should have been removed long time ago as he was in the footsteps of previous management who I didn't work with but heard numerous stories about their malpractices and other unprofessional work ethics. Overall the company is not a bad company but the Edmonton branch was the worst place to work at due to the senior management. I will never go back there as I have nightmares of the place. You will be surprised that your work is being judged by a person who doesn't even know your work and is unable to support and ducks you. There were instances where my boss left me face the heat directly from customers when there could have been a better explanation of things, had my boss knew what was going on. – less
Every month birthday and anniversary cup cakes.
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch and parking.
Cons: i wake up at 3:00am
Everyday is a great day at work, a typical day is doing inventory, shipping, receiving and make sure all things are supplied so that there is no delays.
I learn that you have to be flexible and when you work with others it's a good idea to lead by example
I work with great management that are willing to listen and make it easy for us to give our customers – more... the best service.
I have great co-workers where we can help each other and get the work done.
The hardest part of my job is not knowing if I have a job or if I am going to be laid off at any giving time.
I really do enjoy everything about my job, I fell like what ever you are doing for a living you have to enjoy it and it will not fell like work at all. – less
Too many long hours, short staffed, high turnover
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 2, 2013
Pros: some nice people
Cons: long hours, hectic constantly
Hours are long, working conditions not the best, short staffed and a high turnover of employees. Salary freezes and when time for a raise after salary freezes, you are back to square 1, more salary freezes !

March 15, 2013

I am a former employee and I feel that we were not able to communicate with the checkers or general aids. I found there was favoritism and jealousy. No matter how hard you worked you never get recognized and don't feel appreciated.

Airline Catering
ASG Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2012
Fast paced environment.
Good management.
Fun loving colleagues.

June 3, 2013

I don't agree with the last 2 comments.....sorry but this is my opinion. Its fast paced but management is the worst and there is a lot of jealousy among colleagues and people pass the buck to save themselves from getting the heat!!!!

NOT A GOOD PLACE TO BE EMPLOYEED
NO COMMENT (Current Employee), TORONTOAugust 3, 2012
Pros: no comment
Cons: long hours-rude employees and management
WORST JOB EVER!!!....DO NOT APPLY, YOU WILL REGRET IT BIG TIME.
attention to details responsibility with pride
Controller (Former Employee), heathrow hounslow (london)September 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, uniform, well rewarded
Cons: i cant think of any
I great sense of responsibility ,attention to details ,service to the customer with smile .A strict provision of services on time .A highly disciplened .A high standerd of food hyiegene and safety and suitably rewarded .
Hard work, long hours, no training, low pay
Employee (Current Employee), IllinoisSeptember 22, 2014
Long hours, hard work, no training, low pay.
Good for a first job
needs improvement
warehouse (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch and great discounts
Cons: if you don't speak another language you would have a hard time there
a typical day in the job is taking orders and delivering the products. there is always someone resigning in management. the co workers do not speak good english mainly speak in chinese or spanish.
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2014
A very Productive and fun workplace,great company to work for.
Open For Growth
Porter (Former Employee), CASeptember 2, 2014
This job is good for someone who wants to work their way up all the way from the bottom to as high as you want to go.
Challanging environment with no two days the same
Director of Transportation (Current Employee), Chicago Ohare Airport Chicago , IllinoisAugust 31, 2014
Fluid operation dictated by non-controllable and some controllable situations made each day a challenge for problem solving skills. Weather, equipment maintenance, customer demands both internal and external sharpened multi tasking as well as resolution skills.

Rewarding when solutions are successful and all employees are acknowledged as being a part – more... of that success. – less
nice work envirement
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: benefits not satisfactory
great place, people are professional and respectful.
great management team and co-workers
the hardest part is being in the freezer for two plus hours
enjoyable part is when your work is appreciated
Good start working in the US
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2014
Very good entry level job in the US, especially for new comers.
Director Menu Management (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2014
A challenging workplace with the opportunity to work with customers from around the world.

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Gate Gourmet is an airline catering firm with headquarters on the grounds of Zürich Airport, Switzerland, near Zürich. As – Read more