GateGourmet

• Salary/Benefits
great benefits
Breakfast/Grill Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 18, 2014
good company for Hospitality/ Great benefits. Friendly staff./
Productive and fast-paced work place
Kitchen Assistant and Galley Builder (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, benefits
A typical day at work starts at 6:30 am and ends at 3:00pm. I prepare meals for flights and help with packaging. I learned a lot about team work, precision and punctuality. We have a good management team and helpful co-workers.
Every day is different
Food Prep/Production (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Good union job,& benefits,but no where to move up.Working in the airline industry,new owners are trying to break up our union,work stability is in the dark.Over all my fellow employees,supervisors are good people.
Productive and fun place to work at
Final Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto International AirportNovember 21, 2013
Pros: fresh buffet lunches cooked by chef
Cons: short hours per weekly
A typical day is starting my shift around 10 am until 7pm, pick up my flight schedules and list of flights for the day, usually domestic flights; such as montreal, vancouver, etc. I rarely dealt with international flights since i was a seasonal p/timer and a junior within the company because they are bigger flights, and i mean by that with return meals – more... as well so it's double. Atleast, i received 10-12 flights per day. The management and co-workers were great, loved them all but i barely use to see the supervisor around, but quality assurance is usually around or customer service since it is food handling. As a final Assembler, my job was to ensure/check all the required meals are on board and ready to go onto the departing flight at my own pace within datelines provided by the management. The hardest part was not getting enough hours to work as the other senior employees. The most enjoyable was each worker gets their own flights to work with at their own timeframe and separated. I loved everyone and Gate gourmet is a great company, fun, huge and has a great reputation. – less
friendly working environment
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2013
Learned to work as a Team Member , Had friendly environment.
Worst place to work at, worst boss to work for
Warehouse & Procurement (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unclear priorities, undisciplined work place, worst boss
I came on board with a vast experience and background in distribution. However, I found the GM of YEG is involved in hiding facts and selective in his approach. He targeted those who he didn't like regardless of their work ethics. Evidence of theft on the job was provided to him on several instances and he gave the employees in question a benefit of – more... doubt. He also worked on projects without a clear priority in mind and did not do any follow up. He showed his senior management that everything was great but in fact it wasn't. Through out my time, I didn't receive any praise for my work despite my long hours or extra work to get the job done. I will never recommend him to any one nor will I work for such a person in my life. His management team included some persons that were not qualified and were getting a free hand due to his selective targeting. The work place was a terrible example of a plant that provided catering to the best airlines in the world. The GM should have been removed long time ago as he was in the footsteps of previous management who I didn't work with but heard numerous stories about their malpractices and other unprofessional work ethics. Overall the company is not a bad company but the Edmonton branch was the worst place to work at due to the senior management. I will never go back there as I have nightmares of the place. You will be surprised that your work is being judged by a person who doesn't even know your work and is unable to support and ducks you. There were instances where my boss left me face the heat directly from customers when there could have been a better explanation of things, had my boss knew what was going on. – less
Every month birthday and anniversary cup cakes.
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch and parking.
Cons: i wake up at 3:00am
Everyday is a great day at work, a typical day is doing inventory, shipping, receiving and make sure all things are supplied so that there is no delays.
I learn that you have to be flexible and when you work with others it's a good idea to lead by example
I work with great management that are willing to listen and make it easy for us to give our customers – more... the best service.
I have great co-workers where we can help each other and get the work done.
The hardest part of my job is not knowing if I have a job or if I am going to be laid off at any giving time.
I really do enjoy everything about my job, I fell like what ever you are doing for a living you have to enjoy it and it will not fell like work at all. – less
Too many long hours, short staffed, high turnover
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 2, 2013
Pros: some nice people
Cons: long hours, hectic constantly
Hours are long, working conditions not the best, short staffed and a high turnover of employees. Salary freezes and when time for a raise after salary freezes, you are back to square 1, more salary freezes !

March 15, 2013

I am a former employee and I feel that we were not able to communicate with the checkers or general aids. I found there was favoritism and jealousy. No matter how hard you worked you never get recognized and don't feel appreciated.

Airline Catering
ASG Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2012
Fast paced environment.
Good management.
Fun loving colleagues.

June 3, 2013

I don't agree with the last 2 comments.....sorry but this is my opinion. Its fast paced but management is the worst and there is a lot of jealousy among colleagues and people pass the buck to save themselves from getting the heat!!!!

NOT A GOOD PLACE TO BE EMPLOYEED
NO COMMENT (Current Employee), TORONTOAugust 3, 2012
Pros: no comment
Cons: long hours-rude employees and management
WORST JOB EVER!!!....DO NOT APPLY, YOU WILL REGRET IT BIG TIME.
Director Menu Management (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2014
A challenging workplace with the opportunity to work with customers from around the world.
Hi stress position, constant changes, great workers, good pay
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 19, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: often worked many hours without breaks
Overnight operations manager making sure all inbound and outbound flights were catered without delays.
Tread Carefully
Operations Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 12, 2014
High stress position. Need to be able to tolerate intense and stressful scenarios daily. It can be enjoyable if you're able to withstand the 24/7 nature of the business.
Daily work
Ramp guide (Current Employee), Atlanta Ga.August 7, 2014
Pros: i'm outside and the expirence
Cons: no raises, poor health insurance plan
I am a driver helper so i am either help the driver get to the plane and cater their flights or just guide them to their flight. I learned how a plane is catered but nothing more. The management is bad due to the fact that they don't take advice, they put there employees in potions to get in trouble and to be fired. My co-workers okay people like everywhere – more... some good some not so good but you learn who you can and can not deal with. The hardest part of my job sometimes is the waiting on the planes to come in cause I'm a man that don't sit still too long I like to keep moving it makes the time go by faster. The most enjoyable part is not being still and meeting new people like the flight attendant. – less
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2014
Pros: you got to meet a lot of different people from inflights to rampers to pilots.
Cons: it was hard to work when it was raining out and the occasional snow.
A typical day at work would be getting orders ready to load on the aircraft. Management and co-workers were fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new friends. The hardest part was leaving.
Fast Paced
Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2014
Pros: for most agents was the overtime pay
Cons: working outside in all weather conditions
Outdoors all whether conditions,learned more of how to lead as well as be a team-player daily.
Yet getting all the staff back to there cars safe was the largest an most rewarding part of this position.
Fun and exciting airline industry environment
Driver/CSR (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: world class company
Cons: varying 24 hr schedule changes.
Exciting new industry for me at San Francisco Intl Airport. Learned the value of maintaining customer service expectations in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Job
Storeroom Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 28, 2014
Working in the storeroom is a very physical job. Food products are delivered daily and need to be put away. These can weigh 50 pounds, depending how many are delivered that is multiple of the times to pick it up.
This is a union company so this will impact your "take home" pay.
BILLING AND ACCOUNTING
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), SAN DIEGO, CAJuly 26, 2014
LEARNED A LOT BUT MANAGEMENT DOES NOT HELP YOU GROW.- WOULD WANT TO GET BETTER OPPORTUNITY.
Excited and blessed to be here!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for advancement.
Cons: none...that i know of.
I love, love, love this job! The management team all have great leadership skills, that make you want to give your best.

Having spent 20+ years in healthcare, I came into this newly-created position knowing nothing about the catering and airline industries. Everyone has been willing to share their knowledge with me.

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Gate Gourmet is an airline catering firm with headquarters on the grounds of Zürich Airport, Switzerland, near Zürich. As – Read more