GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast-paced work place
Kitchen Assistant and Galley Builder (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, benefits
A typical day at work starts at 6:30 am and ends at 3:00pm. I prepare meals for flights and help with packaging. I learned a lot about team work, precision and punctuality. We have a good management team and helpful co-workers.
Every day is different
Food Prep/Production (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Good union job,& benefits,but no where to move up.Working in the airline industry,new owners are trying to break up our union,work stability is in the dark.Over all my fellow employees,supervisors are good people.
Productive and fun place to work at
Final Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto International AirportNovember 21, 2013
Pros: fresh buffet lunches cooked by chef
Cons: short hours per weekly
A typical day is starting my shift around 10 am until 7pm, pick up my flight schedules and list of flights for the day, usually domestic flights; such as montreal, vancouver, etc. I rarely dealt with international flights since i was a seasonal p/timer and a junior within the company because they are bigger flights, and i mean by that with return meals – more... as well so it's double. Atleast, i received 10-12 flights per day. The management and co-workers were great, loved them all but i barely use to see the supervisor around, but quality assurance is usually around or customer service since it is food handling. As a final Assembler, my job was to ensure/check all the required meals are on board and ready to go onto the departing flight at my own pace within datelines provided by the management. The hardest part was not getting enough hours to work as the other senior employees. The most enjoyable was each worker gets their own flights to work with at their own timeframe and separated. I loved everyone and Gate gourmet is a great company, fun, huge and has a great reputation. – less
friendly working environment
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2013
Learned to work as a Team Member , Had friendly environment.
Worst place to work at, worst boss to work for
Warehouse & Procurement (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unclear priorities, undisciplined work place, worst boss
I came on board with a vast experience and background in distribution. However, I found the GM of YEG is involved in hiding facts and selective in his approach. He targeted those who he didn't like regardless of their work ethics. Evidence of theft on the job was provided to him on several instances and he gave the employees in question a benefit of – more... doubt. He also worked on projects without a clear priority in mind and did not do any follow up. He showed his senior management that everything was great but in fact it wasn't. Through out my time, I didn't receive any praise for my work despite my long hours or extra work to get the job done. I will never recommend him to any one nor will I work for such a person in my life. His management team included some persons that were not qualified and were getting a free hand due to his selective targeting. The work place was a terrible example of a plant that provided catering to the best airlines in the world. The GM should have been removed long time ago as he was in the footsteps of previous management who I didn't work with but heard numerous stories about their malpractices and other unprofessional work ethics. Overall the company is not a bad company but the Edmonton branch was the worst place to work at due to the senior management. I will never go back there as I have nightmares of the place. You will be surprised that your work is being judged by a person who doesn't even know your work and is unable to support and ducks you. There were instances where my boss left me face the heat directly from customers when there could have been a better explanation of things, had my boss knew what was going on. – less
Every month birthday and anniversary cup cakes.
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch and parking.
Cons: i wake up at 3:00am
Everyday is a great day at work, a typical day is doing inventory, shipping, receiving and make sure all things are supplied so that there is no delays.
I learn that you have to be flexible and when you work with others it's a good idea to lead by example
I work with great management that are willing to listen and make it easy for us to give our customers – more... the best service.
I have great co-workers where we can help each other and get the work done.
The hardest part of my job is not knowing if I have a job or if I am going to be laid off at any giving time.
I really do enjoy everything about my job, I fell like what ever you are doing for a living you have to enjoy it and it will not fell like work at all. – less
Too many long hours, short staffed, high turnover
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 2, 2013
Pros: some nice people
Cons: long hours, hectic constantly
Hours are long, working conditions not the best, short staffed and a high turnover of employees. Salary freezes and when time for a raise after salary freezes, you are back to square 1, more salary freezes !

Alm819 – March 15, 2013

I am a former employee and I feel that we were not able to communicate with the checkers or general aids. I found there was favoritism and jealousy. No matter how hard you worked you never get recognized and don't feel appreciated.

Airline Catering
ASG Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2012
Fast paced environment.
Good management.
Fun loving colleagues.

JSTE – June 3, 2013

I don't agree with the last 2 comments.....sorry but this is my opinion. Its fast paced but management is the worst and there is a lot of jealousy among colleagues and people pass the buck to save themselves from getting the heat!!!!

NOT A GOOD PLACE TO BE EMPLOYEED
NO COMMENT (Current Employee), TORONTOAugust 3, 2012
Pros: no comment
Cons: long hours-rude employees and management
WORST JOB EVER!!!....DO NOT APPLY, YOU WILL REGRET IT BIG TIME.
I grew on this job.
BILLING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Sterling, VAJuly 29, 2014
I started as a porter in a union position and now I'm in Billing department. I have so many yrs here and I love the people. So many people from everywhere, we are like family here. This company you always have opportunity to grow.
Fun and exciting airline industry environment
Driver/CSR (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: world class company
Cons: varying 24 hr schedule changes.
Exciting new industry for me at San Francisco Intl Airport. Learned the value of maintaining customer service expectations in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Job
Storeroom Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 28, 2014
Working in the storeroom is a very physical job. Food products are delivered daily and need to be put away. These can weigh 50 pounds, depending how many are delivered that is multiple of the times to pick it up.
This is a union company so this will impact your "take home" pay.
BILLING AND ACCOUNTING
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), SAN DIEGO, CAJuly 26, 2014
LEARNED A LOT BUT MANAGEMENT DOES NOT HELP YOU GROW.- WOULD WANT TO GET BETTER OPPORTUNITY.
Excited and blessed to be here!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for advancement.
Cons: none...that i know of.
I love, love, love this job! The management team all have great leadership skills, that make you want to give your best.

Having spent 20+ years in healthcare, I came into this newly-created position knowing nothing about the catering and airline industries. Everyone has been willing to share their knowledge with me.
fast pace
Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: lack of communication and team unity
A lot may have changed since my experienced but I remember never feeling as though I was appreciated on the management level.
Productive, Business oriented
CXP/SAP Billing Analyst, ASG Finance (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 21, 2014
Cons: no merit increases
I learned much on my own regarding SAP collectives to process Invoices.
Productive workplace
Lead (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and lunches
Cons: working environment with very high cold temperatures
Working environment with very high cold temperatures.
Food Assembler.
Completes and assembles food items on upright carts and airline equipment, including tray setups. Tray setups must follow airline specifications and usually include tray, paper tray liner, cup, plates, dessert, salad, snacks, bread, butter, condiments and eating utensils.
Cheapest company
driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: 15mins to have a smoke
Gate gourmet is the worst place to work,better
be in the house and be collecting cans,they
use the workers as slaves with less pay8.50
then u will be charged union dues over $50
how much do u save.
All gategourmet says about free-free,there's
nothing free at gate gourmet,u pay for everything there food,uniforms,shoes they come out of your paychecks.
Never – more... trust any of what their billboards says. – less
A great place to work
Account Lead (Current Employee), VAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management is horrible, not properly trained. they are not on same page
This is a great place for a full-time part-time job. Management is not working as a team. This will make working here a challenge.
Productive fun place to work
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Inwood, NYJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: cold environment, employee turnover.
Cool to work in a kitchen that prepared foods fresh for airlines.

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of┬áthe – Read more