Gate Gourmet – Dorval, QC
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Supervisor Kitchen & Product Development to join our team based in Montreal, Quebec-Canada.
Reporting to the Manager of Food Production, the position is responsible for supervising food production employees in a unionized environment to ensure kosher food specifications, quality assurance of products, sanitation, HACCP and FDA regulations are followed and is responsible for labor and food cost controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all Kosher procedures and standards are strictly followed and maintained.
- Ensures Gate Gourmet's quality production standards are followed and maintained.
- Ensures employees adhere to HACCP, FDA and safety regulations and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food expenses.
- Monitors daily manpower planning and employee turnover. Responsible for employee retention.
- Controls food cost and other controllable costs.
- Maintains all financial goals related to productivity, overtime, labor goals and meals per hour.
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling and preparing corrective action for employees.
- Assists in the development and training of subordinates as required.
- Prepares administrative reports as required.
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance with customer specifications.
- Ensures specifications, airline diagrams, and sample meals are accurate according to the airline specifications.
- Ensures that all products are coded and dated according to Gate Gourmet procedures.
- Conducts inventory of products to ensure proper usage and minimization of waste.
- Completes required requisitions for the Storeroom to ensure adequate supply is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining daily temperature logs and other logs and reports as required.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience working in a high volume, food production, and restaurant or catering environment required.
- Minimum of 3 years cook or food production or preparation experience required.
- previous experience with Kosher cooking & products is a definite asset.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage a staff
- Candidate must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Ability to train others required.
- Excellent time management skills required. Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills required.
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Experience with menu design is required
- Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management team and staff.
- Bi-lingual in English/French is required.
Catering services for the airlines industry