Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for an Operation Controller to join our team based in Montreal, Quebec-Canada. Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the position is responsible for overseeing various departments and Department personnel throughout the kitchen, including but not limited to equipment, food and transportation. This position will be responsible for all safety compliance for all external areas serviced by Gate Gourmet to ensure the personal and physical safety of employees and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all Corporate, customer, Federal, State and local policies and procedures are followed.
- Supervises and supports lower management/supervisors on daily operations.
- Responsible for Transportation routing, coordinating flight delivery assignments, and ensuring Kitchen departure times are being met.
- Works with maintenance staff to ensure preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, reports maintenance and repair issues in timely manner.
- Conducts inventory of Gate Gourmet products and customer materials to ensure proper usage and minimization of waste.
- In partnership with the Ops Manager and General Manager, prepares and plans against end of the month projections.
- Prepares management reports (ex. attendance, HAACCP and labor) reports as required.
- Effectively interfaces and coordinates between customers and employees.
- Under special circumstances Supervisor may get involved (with labor) to get flights serviced on time.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food costs
- Responsible for performance evaluation, coaching, counseling and preparing corrective action for employees and liaises appropriately with HR and other support functions.
- Manages work flow balancing - - the division of responsibilities amongst employees on each shift
- Manages daily manpower planning including assignment of responsibilities and workstations.
- Determines when and whether to call employees in to cover staffing needs (ex. sick calls, vacation relief, medical leaves, volume changes, etc.)
- In conjunction with department leaders determines number of employees needed by shift
- Responsible for employee retention and monitors employee turnover.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree or degree from a 4 year university or college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, and restaurant or catering environment or equivalent experience in the related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or the ability to interpret OSHA and other federal regulations familiar with DOT/Non DOT requirements
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Dynamic, self starter that is highly motivated and dedicated to safety
- Demonstrate can do attitude and absolute Team Player
- Strong desire to succeed and be part of a successful team
- Flexibility & Responsiveness
- Complete follow-through on action items
- Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and writing to individuals and groups; listening attentively and insuring communication is understood by all parties involved.
- Bilingual in English and French
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 10+ hours as needed.
- In a normal production kitchen facility there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move product, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Indeed - 19 months ago
Catering services for the airlines industry