Gate Gourmet Canada Employee Reviews

Great Days at work
Everything was fantastic
Its ok
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
its ok hard work. little to no benefits. No bonuses. Mediocre salary. A lot of expectations Upper management is involved to a certain extent but hope they were more involved in the operations
bad environment
Supervisor Operations Controller (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC18 April 2017
all that is good is health care, salary reasonable.

company is to be avoided long term. many mental health and phisical issues due to lack of respect and negligence,
Pros
benifats
Cons
everything else
Good company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
in this company i got work placement, everybody very supportive
i learnt and get Canadian experience. due to short span of time i only focus on my day to day work and report to my supervisor. the work schedule was so tight. you have to maintain dead line.
Pros
Multitask
Cons
only no pacement
amazing team
BILLING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 October 2016
Gate gourmet Canada -Missisauga is a great company to work for. Good team,great work environment.Caring supervisor,Hectic environment and fun co-workers.Free food is a plus point.
Pros
free food
Cons
stress
I worked on the operations division (Gate Gourmet)
TRANSPORT PLANNER/ TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2016
It's a good company to work at as long as it is on the corporate division (Gate Gourmet).. It was a stressful position. There was too much pressure to get aircraft catered on time..

I was the best at my job. But to get to that level required the basic compliance of any employee, which is to follow and delivery the requirements.

Poorbsenior management.
Pros
Free food(Gate Gourmet)
Cons
(Gate Gourmet) No gratitude, high pressure with no gratitue, unprofessional, english and french are NOT the rpimary language on the operations division
Horrible management
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 August 2016
Working here is very rushed. Management would pick on you for any small little thing just to build up your work profile for an excuse to fight the union if needed to be terminated. Seen this happen to many employees that are no longer with the company and now I see it personally,
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, no breaks
Friendly place to work
National Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
nice place to work, flexible working hours, friendly staff, meeting people,right next to airport, open door policy with executive management
Pros
on site cafeteria
Live environment
Order Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2016
I have learned to give best possible customer service at Gate Gourmet Canada. Because of weather or any occasions, we have busy environment so colleagues and managers are always there to help out each other. Friendly and live environment all the time.
Pros
Free food, milk, coffee, tea as much as you want
Environnement de travail exigeant et laborieux
Superviseur en qualité et assurance (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC10 December 2015
Une entreprise en perte de vitesse et englué dans des defuats et problemes de gestion administrative, du personnel, et absence de communications entres les differents acteurs
Fun Place to work very busy place
Central Order Control Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON1 December 2015
it was great place to go to work, people are very friendly. Everyone is helpful, free food to eat and close to airport.Everyday you busy with different tasks and some routine work

Shift rotation and 24/7 is the hardest part
Pros
Free food
Cons
rotation shift and 7 days work
12 hours shift, very long hour with very challenging target
Team Manager/Production Supervisor- EPA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
Over all good but no career growth opportunity, no bonus and increment though every half year evaluation is done.I have leaned lots of new things to implement as in management
good place to work, friendly environment, pay is below par
Billing Reconciliation / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2015
it was nice to work there, but the management was over stressed due to the new acquisition. the old systems were making alot of errors so they still try to manage it all. especially the mistakes that Cara made they were the one to rectify and improve it all.
Unproductive workplace, but good for the people who want to have fun.
CFO (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 June 2014
This place is not for the people who work hard. This place is for the people who can play politics.
Management consist of unprofessional people who do not qualified.
Teamwork is good
Food Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Airport23 October 2013
A typical day at work is preparing casserole dinners for airlines. I learned a lot about food preparation. Management is mostly helpful. My co- workers are very friendly and helpful in teaching me new food dishes. The hardest part of my job is that I am on call and my schedule is very erratic or at times non existing and the work is physically demanding. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team work and helping others finish their work load.
Pros
free lunches
A very large food production plant located at Pearson Airport
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pearson, ON21 September 2013
Thank you for giving me this time to share a little about myself with you.

I currently hold a position as Quality Assurance Supervisor with Gate Gourmet. I enjoy my job because it's versatile: it involves a little bit of everything that I like to do such as food quality, customer service, HACCP, food safety, GMP, and most importantly, I keep in contact with just about all departments. With my good people skills, my days are complete and I feel accomplished when I go home.

Knowing that I enjoy my job, it tells me I'm in the right field; and when I like doing what I do, I thrive to become better and better at my skills.
Pros
Dealing and experiencing many types of food and being stationed at Pearson Airport
Cons
Its fun workplace, but no longer good management.
Transport Dispatch/Scheduler and Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 September 2013
Work schedule is not really good, too much demanding on time. Cuts working time during slow season.
Learned patience, give and take working manners.
Very poor management values, in terms of operations`
Co-workers are very nice and fun.
Hardest part of job is management, they don`t care about the loads of job to all workers, all they care are target efficiency and statistics after the day.
Most enjoyable part of the job is end of the shift.
Pros
Don`t need to worry about bringing lunch. Free parking
Cons
No lunch - no breaks sometimes.
A challenging work environment for those whom wish to grow and better develop themselves
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2013
Gate Gourmet is a wonderful company to work for if you wish to challenge yourself.

There is always lot's to do and many ways to expand your knowledge. I would recommend it as a learning experience to all.
Pros
Great management & constant learning
contract position
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2013
rewarding company helping develop personal and professional goals
It's a good job if you are retiree, looking for some extra money.
Hi-Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Pearson, ON16 May 2012
It was a good experience, something to put on a resume. Defiinitely not a high paying job. School bus drivers don't receive the respect or the pay they deserve. Supervising children is a big responsibility. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the children were delivered safe and sound to their parents at the end of each school day. It's a job that requires great concentration and vigilence.The hardest part of the job of course was dealing with difficult children, back talking, throwing things out the school bus windows etc. I was mostly on my own, therefore I did not have too much interaction with my co-workers.
Pros
learning how to drive a large vehicle, free admittance to theme parks, museums, sporting venues etc.
Cons
the pay, dealing with difficult children, charter customers, and school principles.