GASPARD LP Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fast Paced Environment
Inventory / production Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2015
Working as part of the operations team, I am responsible for analyzing raw material requirements, negotiating with suppliers as well as processing purchase orders. I initiate cycle counts and analyze variances.
The people at Gaspard are a great group of people to work with.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to say no.
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing an excellent product and knowing that you are a part of it.
Pros
Mondays off during July and August
Cons
very long hours
Tense atmosphere.
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  1266 Fife Street20 February 2015
I enjoyed my job at Gaspard, but due to heath issues, it became difficult to perform my duties. It involved a lot of heavy lifting, and my Dr advise me to leave the position to allow my stomach to heal. A great turnover in staff also made it difficult to develop a rapport needed to conduct business smoothly. I was responsible for the shipping and receiving of all products and raw goods, as well as keeping in contact with production staff to ensure product was shipped on time.
Pros
2 weeks off in summer and 2 weeks off at Christmas.
Cons
Heavy lifting. No longer able to do it.
Gaspard LP was a family business that turned corporate, while I was there a lot of the family business aspects remained
Web Developer & IT Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 December 2014
A typical day at work depends strongly on the season, if you're in the middle of grad season you have to hit the ground running, hard, and you can't stop. During the off-season is when projects and other things come up that need to be worked on that had to be set aside during the grad season.
As my first position I learned a lot about user interaction, about how to solve problems, and how to get the job done as quick as you can because when there's a thousand students an hour hounding you because the site is down, you certainly feel the pressure.
Management is touch-and-go, part of the reason I sought alternate employment was due to management but before the company went corporate Management was approachable, easy to work with, and usually loaded with good advice.
My co-workers were as a whole great, it was certainly a highly volatile workplace sometimes due to how stressful the seasons get, but most people who lasted more than a month knew how to shoulder it by then.
The hardest part of the job, hands-down, is the season, as I mentioned above, there is a STRONG push during the season, so much so that everyone works an extra half hour a day during the spring season for a trade-off of getting Mondays off during the summer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, the way the business was structured developed something of a strong core of veteran employees who knew how to offset how terrible the season could be with degrees of humor, sometimes food, and always knowing when they needed to decompress.
Pros
Mondays off in exchange for half-hour extra work during the spring season
Cons
High stress cyclical environment
Fast paced workplace
Inventory Manager and Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2014
great staff, who are always willing to support each other
never boring