Gas Liquids Engineering Employee Reviews

Enjoy my time there
Technical Specialist/Senior Piping Checker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2017
I like to start early and leave early also. They have flexible work hours so life to work balance is good. Get your work done on time and on budget everyone is happy.

I work with a good group of people so this makes the day enjoyable, lots of stories and laughs.

The hardest part of the job is the long commute after work on the Deerfoot, but also gives you time to unwind after a busy day.

Over all a good company to work for.
Pros
Latest software programs
Cons
Open office space
Exigencia laboral, bien remunerada y llena de aprendizaje
Interno de compras (Former Employee) –  Calgary, CA15 May 2017
Estuve de interno en manos de un excelente director de cuentas internacionales. La empresa se dedicaba al diseño, mantenimiento e instalación de sistemas de extracción de gases y líquidos. Aprendi a utilizar project manager, y como llevar un proyecto desde el momento de venderlo al cliente, compras, inventarios y transporte de materiales, hasta la terminación. Los colegas eran mayormente de nacionalidad canadiense, muy proactivos ya que la remuneración y el ambiente laboral eran excelentes. Logre aprender mucho respecto al proceso de compras y a como llevar un proyecto, apoyándome en excel y ms project; sin duda alguna una excelente experiencia en la empresa líder de la región en este giro.
My experience
Process/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
I did work for the company in many aspects of engineering. I tried to accomplish as much as I could in my tenure with the company.
fun positive plalce to work
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  northeast Calgary7 June 2016
GLE is a great place to work the people are very positive, to be around even in stressful times at work.
Management is very understandable towards deadlines, and commitments, the coworkers are great and the office atmosphere is open concept which allows people to communicate well with each other.
productive and fun work place
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2016
learned a lot on softwares, good teams, sharing feedbacks on work.
good management and co-workers were good teams, drafting and designing were most enjoyable job, taking 3 to 4 projects to meet rush deadline.
Unstable workload
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2016
Very unstable workload.
Probably due to shortage with projects in oil and gas industry. Quality of engineering delivaribles could be improved also.
Prouctive and a fun place to work
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2015
A great company and nice work place,
co-workers are friendly.
learned a lot from the team.
educational assistance program
great place to work but not enough security for work
Intermediate piping designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2015
I learned a lot at this place, bosses are great with a lot of support, people are friendly, work is very interesting and challenging very well organized company, I will love to come back to this company, unfortunately, they let people go to soon.
Good Co-workers
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2014
Good working place.
Good management with co-workers.
Good location working place
Pros
Free yoga, free parking
Cons
out of downtown
Small engineering company specialized in gas plant projects
Package Manager (Shell and ARC Projects). (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta2 July 2013
A typical day consisted in resolving issues related to the packages under my responsibility. To resolve these issues I had to coordinate activities or actions with the client, other people in GLE and the Vendors.

I learned how to interrelate with the Vendors to get the packages on time, in the budget and with the quality specified in the bid package.

The hardest part of the job was to incrporate latest changes in the packages requested by the client without affecting the delivery date.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I have recognition for a good coordination job and the package delivered on time.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Long travel from my home to reach my office, specially during winter
Review
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 August 2012
Review and prepare bid tabs
Review engineering/commercial request with vendors
Attend meeting with client/vendors
Set up meeting with vendors
Submit bid tabs and recommendtion (Bid Tab and Purchase Order)to client for approval.
Issue PO to Vendors and respective field personnel
Meeting the deliveries of good on the Requires at site dates due to the present market situation.
Friendly co workers