Gas Drive Global Employee Reviews in Canada

Best work experience I've ever had
Apprentice Gas Compression Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 19, 2016
Great work environment, everybody who works there are all so friendly and they're great teachers. Best part of the day was getting back to camp/home and knowing you worked hard and did an amazing job today and helped make a difference. The hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting of engine components. Management was very helpful in starting me off with my first major career opportunity. I was a little bit nervous but they helped me get through everything smoothly. Great company!
Good environment, no advancement.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABNovember 2, 2015
Gas Drive Global was a great place to work unfortunately due to oil prices dropping, business dropping, hours being reduced, the overall attitude dropped as well. I worked out of the central Gas Drive warehouse and our duties were to receive large shipments of product from our vendors and distribute them to all the Gas Drives around Canada. Had fun, met a lot of good people but hours were being reduced and the hope for advancement was not in my future.
productive, relaxed atmosphere
Engine Overhaul Technician (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABSeptember 2, 2015
excellent shop foremen who know how to train employees.
I joined the company with a very limited knowledge of natural gas engine process, and they exceeded at garnering a comfortable work environment where it was easy to ask questions and to grow as a young journeyman
its allright
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Edson, ABAugust 28, 2015
decent pay, guaranteed work week but when there's work you have to go till its done not a good life/work balance. typical service truck job. parts department is great people but inexperienced and always sends wrong parts so jobs are always delayed and you always look bad to customers. also it can be extremely physically demanding at times
Natural gas composition service company
Instrumentation and Automation Technologist (Current Employee) –  Grande Praire, AlbertaMay 19, 2014
Providing technical services to oil and gas companies. starting from installation all the required devices to start-ups commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Great company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2014
Great place to work, management is great, environment is very welcoming and productive. Company genuinely cares about employees.
Wish I had not stepped in the door
Administration (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 20, 2014
Unless you work yourself up to "favorite" status then good luck, you'll need it. People are promoted based on personality and not on skills, experience or education....welcome back to high school because this is one big popularity contest.

There are some great people there, but unfortunately for the most part, they aren't in management.
Cut throat ,protectionist, does not care about the employee
Middle management (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 11, 2014
Long term former employee , middle management. Great place to learn if you are allowed, do not transfer or let them recruit you to a different location .local staff because of how they have been dealt with in the past will resent new people and ideas . They pay well but you sell your soul and time. The hardest part of the job was the way decisions impacting staff were communicated , I have forgotten the enjoyable parts . Learned that if you go to work for a large company they will treat you poorly, they will lie to you when they want promise bonus incentives then take them away . Then after you invest your soul they will cut the legs out from under you at will with no reason. My advise be very careful and if you go to work for this company make sure you have a plan "b" when they send you home.
Pros
pay well
Cons
no security, no respect, no support
Shop Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 1, 2012
good hours, overtime present if you wanted it, staff and management easy to deal with and very understanding. Various training programs made available upon request