Gartner

Gartner Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Gartner is a great place to work
Senior Research Content Specialist (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: i am constantly learning and no day is exactly the same
A typical day at work requires great concentration and attention to detail. Our clients are worldwide and we are a 24/7 operation. Every client is important to us and we handle inquiries for all size businesses. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to make a difference in our client's organizations.
Research Strategy & Operations (Vendor Briefings Contractor
Vendor Briefings Contractor (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 22, 2015
 Currently providing research assistance to our general inquiry team.
 Processing request from our corporate clients.
 Evaluating the nature of the request, and handing it off to the proper team.
 Internally updating different branches within Gartner.
 I work extremely well independently via my personal computer
2013-Present
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 27, 2015
Pros: Autonomy, Work from Home
Cons: Work from Home, No other reps or teamates in close proximity
I work from home and my current territory is the State Government, which is always changing with new CIO's and changes within the NYS ITS account. I have learned to build my brand and that of Gartner but my territory is too small and feels like selling in a fish bowl.
Takes care of their employees
Executive Client Manager - Executive Programs (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 29, 2015
Gartner is a great place to work and it they know that if you take care of your employees they will work harder. The only issue is there can be too much focus on sales and too little focus on client satisfaction. This is not always the case but it is difficult to keep the proper balance.
Not bad if it is a fit for you
Account Manager (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 23, 2014
Hit or miss on if it will work out for you. Two month academy training is intense and if you don't graduate, you don't get offered the job. Once on sales floor, get used to lots of busy work and really long sales cycles. Most people only close 2-3 new clients per year. Leaves a lot hanging in the balance and can be stressful.
Productive and a nice atmosphere to work.
Office Receptionist (Former Employee), Billerica, MAApril 3, 2012
Pros: working with people all over the world, also working with great talent
Cons: i do not have any cons
Open the office in the morning and prepare for clients coming in that day or that week.Answers the phones, do projects for various departments. Whatever needed to be done. Travel, lunches, mail, etc.
A "one mindset company
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2015
Drink the cool-aide or this will be the worst fit for you. Gartner is the least flat company you could ever imagine. There are literally like 8-10 levels between the field and the CEO. Each manager has to create his or her "catch phrase" (Game on) and team name. If you are a follower or a sheep, check out Gartner.
Federal organization is in turmoil
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 18, 2012
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: horrible management
Extremely high attrition due to poor manage and clueless about Federal market. SOA Federal organization has consistently missed their plan since 2010. Manage by intimidation. Poor pay. A lot of promises about exceeding plan which are not true.
Good if you have a good manager, otherwise too heavy on metrics
Director, Business Development (Current Employee), BostonJune 4, 2014
Gartner is light on benefits. It can be rewarding if you have a good manager but they have too many managers and you will be micro managed unless you get lucky and have a competent and secure leader. Kind of a cult mentality and a lot of nepotism.
People and attorneys were good to work for
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaFebruary 9, 2012
Pros: always had potato chips and sodas
My attorney was high maintenance but it was a varied and highly interesting job that required attention to detail; never any slack time; contact with clients was a must and you got to know them very well and confidence was high on both sides
Great company, great people,
Senior Client Director (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: industry leader, great access into top accounts
Cons: value to the customer suffers with larger, more sophisticated customers
Gartner is a great place to work and is a definitive leader in the industry with excellent products and services.

There are excellent bonuses and perks.
Gartner
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 19, 2012
Pros: 401k benefits, some holiday parties, bonuses are given
Cons: healthcare is bad, little room for advancement
The culture for the company is good and the people are nice but there is poor management in the IT department. There is also little room for advancement in most groups.
Terrible Management
Consultant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Many
I never saw my manager consistently. I saw him during training my first week and maybe once again before my temp assignment was over. Good innovating company to work for, just a shame that management barely cared how his team was performing.
Amazing place to work
Executive Client Manager (Former Employee), Ft. Myers, FLDecember 22, 2015
Pros: too many to mention
Cons: no cons
Gartner is an amazing company to work for. The people you work with, the management, company culture and benefits. I worked there for 15 plus years and it was a joy to get up and go to work everyday.
verey intensely marketing-driven environment
Vice President, Client Partner (Former Employee), Stamford CTOctober 23, 2014
Although very performance-driven, has devolved into urgent need to maximize billable hours, rather than focusing on quality of service delivery and competiveness of offerings.
Minimal room for advancement
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2015
Minimal room for advancement. Must be an appraiser if you want to see a decent income. Management is very supportive and willing to help you get your license, but without it... you'll make more in retail.
Comfortable place to be busy
HTML Designer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: people get dismissed without warnings.
I had a pleasure to be contractor at Gartner for 13 months. They immediately made me feel at home. A sense of belonging is a nicest feeling one can have.
Great place to Grow, then Go
Account Manager (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 20, 2015
A great place to start your career. The training is there and they give you a lot of responsibility off that bat. The challenge is what's next... very few options in terms of what comes after this role.
High Stress Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 28, 2015
For those right out of college this is a great experience. If you have work experience and a mind of your own it will not work out. You have to be a robot and just do what you are told without question.
Great company!
Regional Vice President (Former Employee), Ft Myers FloridaMay 31, 2012
Pros: strong culture / values, opportunity for professional growth & development
Gartner has incredible people and a culture with many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Employees