Gartner Employee Reviews

Innovative Culture & Low Advancement
Strategic Growth Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL9 May 2016
Gartner hires people slowly and promotes quickly putting less than best people into management. However, they have a great environment for people right out of college.
Productive and cool workplace but no place to advance
Financial Administrative Assistant / Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT6 March 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me going into the office at 8am. I would unpack my company laptop at my desk and the start working on projects that I have been assigned for the associates that our team of Computer Financial Consultants manages. That includes getting information on clients, putting in data to salesforce, Excel spreadsheets, emials, and personal projects for the associates, ect. I also manage all the associates expenses . Which I make a report and find receipts which they send and send it to FL where the main headquarters is . I make travel arrangements for the associates daily. Car service arrangements too. Keep a filing system. Also a inventory system for the office. I fax and copy all important documents. I pick up most important phone calls from clients and associates as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits, Long term positions
Respected company, good compensation plans
Client Executive, Strategic Accounts Organization (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX28 March 2016
Great brand name and respected company among customers and competitors. Good work/life balance in most cases, there is a lot to do but freedom in scheduling the work.
Great internship for Corporate Experience
ExP EP Content Ops Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT22 January 2016
Internships at Gartner helped develop and enhance both my skills in research and analysis in the corporate sphere. I spent time supporting the marketing department where I engaged creatively to develop campaigns to engage clients. I also was able to perform an analysis on the effectiveness of email blasts on clients.

In my second internship (Content Ops) I was responsible for a pilot that would be used to help Gartner internally to understand the needs of their CIO clients. I created a template for this pilot and then researched the executives to help the service delivery team meet their objectives.

I enjoyed working here because my internships allowed me to use my skills and gain more experience in a corporate setting. Management was supportive and co-workers were communicative and friendly.
good place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT13 April 2016
surrounded by smart and fun people.
coworkers are supportive.
salary and benefits are ok.
tough to grow up in the organization unless you have good contacts.
Na
Sr. Leadership Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL25 February 2016
Very exciting , fast paced environment helping several fortune 500 companies. Good opportunities and great people.Environment is very modern with a campus style office
Pros
Campus features, gym, full cafeteria, very collaborative
Cons
NA
2013-Present
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY27 December 2015
I work from home and my current territory is the State Government, which is always changing with new CIO's and changes within the NYS ITS account. I have learned to build my brand and that of Gartner but my territory is too small and feels like selling in a fish bowl.
Pros
Autonomy, Work from Home
Cons
Work from Home, No other reps or teamates in close proximity
Good Company to get your Start
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL / Atlanta, GA10 August 2016
Great company to start your sales career, they have an amazing training program. This is not your traditional sales job, you will be required to stay up to date to the changes in IT and the industries you cover. You will notice the organization will provide you will a lot of training and resources to be successful in your role. If you're not able to get the flow within the 1st 90 days you will be re-trained and given up to a year to perform or at least have the right mindset.

The typical sales cycle last about 2 months if you're doing the right things, you have to be really consultative in selling a username and password. Aligning the problem your're trying to solve to the resources that Gartner provides it's clients.

The most enjoyable part of working at Gartner are the smart and responsbile people you work with, everyone seems to be excited to work there. Especially at the End of a Quarter and the EOY.

Great company, but a lot of growing pain like weak territories. you are strongly at the will of the accounts you're put into - mainly Healthcare and Financial Verticals make the most money at Gartner! so fight for that or a High Tech role! in SMB

Field Sales - everything is the same - you are at the will of the economy
Pros
Great Training, Perfect Culture in SMB - a little less steller in AMA and SAO
Cons
Upward movement ceiling - unless you have 10 + years in role.
Terrible Management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT23 December 2015
I never saw my manager consistently. I saw him during training my first week and maybe once again before my temp assignment was over. Good innovating company to work for, just a shame that management barely cared how his team was performing.
Pros
Cons
Many
Amazing place to work
Executive Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FL22 December 2015
Gartner is an amazing company to work for. The people you work with, the management, company culture and benefits. I worked there for 15 plus years and it was a joy to get up and go to work everyday.
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
no cons
Minimal room for advancement
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL16 December 2015
Minimal room for advancement. Must be an appraiser if you want to see a decent income. Management is very supportive and willing to help you get your license, but without it... you'll make more in retail.
Takes care of their employees
Executive Client Manager - Executive Programs (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL29 August 2015
Gartner is a great place to work and it they know that if you take care of your employees they will work harder. The only issue is there can be too much focus on sales and too little focus on client satisfaction. This is not always the case but it is difficult to keep the proper balance.
Solid Company
Director (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT22 June 2015
As with most places, if you have a good manager you will go far. There are several sub cultures to navigate, all depends upon the department. Overall leadership is solid and strong. Sales orientated culture, most successful leaders came from sales. Good people, so normally it is a good day as everyone makes it fun.
Pros
Vacation and health benefits
Cons
Frown on working from home, but there is no more room in the Stamford office and there is no plan to find more building space
High Stress Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL28 September 2015
For those right out of college this is a great experience. If you have work experience and a mind of your own it will not work out. You have to be a robot and just do what you are told without question.
Great company but less and less work life balance
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT20 February 2015
Typical day is fast pace, non stop emails and you're sitting at your desk all day.

Lots of opportunity to learn about technology and business.

Management can vary from group to group, definitely changing for the worse, not the better.

Co-workers for the most part are great.

Hardest part of the job is the expectation that you're on 24/7. There's less life work balance now then there used to be years ago.

Most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to learn new things and being surrounded by extremely bright individuals.
Pros
Typically good salaries and good benefits. Gym on site in Stamford.
Cons
Not much work/life balance.
Great opportunity.
Advisor/consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX3 November 2015
This company offers a healthy stocked kitchen and fun environment. There is opportunity for advancement of your sales career here.
A great place to work
Client Partner (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL28 January 2015
Gartner is a great place to work for anyone looking to get started in the professional business world. Due to rapid growth there is oppotunity to advance for top performers. A rigid, metric driven structure makes things a bit "grindy" and may not be compatable with all personality types. Culture is king and young sales minded applicants will enjoy the work hard, play hard atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits, room to advance, great culture
Cons
Rigid work structure may not be best for all personality types
Good Entry Level Company - Poor Career Advancement
Research Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT13 January 2015
Gartner is growing and its hard to argue they don't provide a useful/much needed service to enterprises across the world. However, the RCS position is a dead-end essentially. One quickly realizes after a few months how there is essentially zero career development in the immediate department, management is just happy "keeping the lights on", and legacy employees bring the rest of the department down. Avoid RES if possible. Otherwise Gartner is a great company. Love the service it provides and benefits are generous.
Research Strategy & Operations (Vendor Briefings Contractor
Vendor Briefings Contractor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT22 January 2015
 Currently providing research assistance to our general inquiry team.
 Processing request from our corporate clients.
 Evaluating the nature of the request, and handing it off to the proper team.
 Internally updating different branches within Gartner.
 I work extremely well independently via my personal computer
Overall, the company is good to work for, great location and new buildings
Sr. Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL10 September 2014
Busy place, great community involvement, and amazing professional administrators who are not appreciated as they should be.
Some Management leads through fear, and insecurity, resulting in lower associate retention and productivity.
The associates are very reliable and dedicated to the work they do. They are great team players and are always willing to help one another achieve their goals.

The hardest part of the job is trying to accommodate over 100 associates.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of making many people's job more effective and more efficient through my skills.
Pros
PTO, benefits, co-workers
Cons
turnover