Gartner

Gartner Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Outstanding opportunity to learn and grow. You get out what you put into it.
Research Content Specialist (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: all the information in the world at your finger tips.
Typical day involves analyzing client inquiries to assist in their initiatives. Provide relevant research and connect them with the appropriate research analysts to further discuss both technical aspects and methodologies. Being preview to research, analyst insight and client concerns has expanded my insight into application strategies such as CRM and – more... ERP as well as application governance, support, development and strategy. – less
A good place to work
Research Content Specialist (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 7, 2013
Pros: vacation time adds up over the years
Cons: lack of advancement for certain roles, focus on metrics not people
lack of advancement for certain roles, focus on metrics not people
Social Workplace/Young Environment
Account Executive/Business Development (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 5, 2013
Most biz is handled over phone/email.
8-5 in office.
Cold calling - biz dev.
Account Management.
Gartner is a great place to work
Senior Research Content Specialist (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: i am constantly learning and no day is exactly the same
A typical day at work requires great concentration and attention to detail. Our clients are worldwide and we are a 24/7 operation. Every client is important to us and we handle inquiries for all size businesses. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to make a difference in our client's organizations.
Productive and fun workplace with extremely capable employees!
Global Sales Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 25, 2013
Works one-on-one with Global Vice President and Communications Director to plan and implement communications strategy to increase the productivity of the global sales force.
 Assists in the creation of quarterly global sales presentations including PowerPoint slide creation and talk track development to ensure execution messaging.
 Responsible for – more... weekly refresh of sales intranet including writing announcements, prioritizing messaging and partnering with business units to ensure corporate strategic goals are met.
 Assists Communications Operations director with the planning and execution of two, annual global sales meetings including content creation, onsite assistance and pre-event logistics. – less
Sr. Hyperion Financial (Current Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 11, 2013
Techno functional consultant responsible for requirement gathering, analyzing requirement and building planning applications.
Great culture and values as an organization
Account Manager (Current Employee), Ft. Myers, FLAugust 12, 2013
Gartner is a great company with an huge focus around employees and the core culture.
Travel all over the U.S.
Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2013
Traveled to events as finance lead, great way to see the country and meet a large variety of people.
A great place to be even for a short time
Compensation Manager (Contract) (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 25, 2013
Pros: the people, the projects, and opportunity to join its toastmasters club
Cons: available jobs are mostly in sales and recruiting. also, as a contractor, you are not encouraged by hr to speak to the hiring manager for an informational interview.
Though it's only been three months, I've learned so much about the IT consulting business and met plenty of nice people.

People are driven to succeed without stepping on anyone's toes.

It's truly a collaborative environment.
Fun
Health and safety adviser (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 19, 2013
Very good
management inprovement
very goog management
Very good team
when operatives do not follow the method statments
When the a operative when by the day home with out any accidents
Great learning experience
Account Manager (Former Employee), Egham, Surrey UKMarch 14, 2013
Working at Gartner is an amazing learning experience and the training provided is extremely insightful, complete and helpful for any sales professional.
My assignment overseas was the highlight of my career.
Vice President and Client Director, EMEA (Former Employee), Paris, A8January 7, 2013
Pros: excellent symposia, trade shows and recognition for exceeding sales objectives.
Cons: nothing of great importance.
Unfortunately, there is a "one size (or model that)fits all" sales mentality that can handicap/frustrate those selling to large, global accounts. Further, although they do have some remarkable folks in senior management they do have an unfortunate history of putting the wrong folks into the wrong jobs.
Independent, Minimal Superviosn,Flexible and Honest
Senior Research Engagement Specialist (Former Employee), Mumbai, IndiaDecember 12, 2012
Pros: flexible team
Busy and wellmanaged.

I have learnt how to manage a team, training, buddying, handle escalations, TNA, test papers, confidence and team work.

the management is excellent.

My co-workers have always been helpful and team spirit.

I would turn the hardest thing into simplier by giving suggestions.

I loveed every part of my job, especially training, – more... handling escalations, managing the team in absence of my manager. – less
Federal organization is in turmoil
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 18, 2012
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: horrible management
Extremely high attrition due to poor manage and clueless about Federal market. SOA Federal organization has consistently missed their plan since 2010. Manage by intimidation. Poor pay. A lot of promises about exceeding plan which are not true.
Fun Workplace
Events Coordinator (Former Employee), StainesOctober 16, 2012
Pros: onsite experience
Cons: my manager being situated in the usa
Although the Pre event organising was very stressful and time consuming the onsite results and feedback from customers and Sponsors was worth the hard work.
Everyone at Gartner worked very hard and it was a very inspiring place to work.
Working with the sales team everyday helping them meet their targets and onsite renewals helped build internal relationships – more... and makes you feel apart of the team.
Being onsite was the most rewarding part of my time at Gartner and would love to look into working in Events or Sales in the future. – less
Was an enjoyable assignment with a fair remuneration plan.
Associate Director-Research/Consulting Services (Former Employee), Raliegh, NCOctober 7, 2012
Pros: had high quality recognition rewards for exceptional performance.
Cons: the physical distance from my manager was approximately 500 miles.
A very Professional Organization that was fair to their customers and employees. In addition, provided continuous training. The most difficult part of the assignment was major travel which was about 22 days per/month.
Web Producers are arrogant and self-righteous perjurers
Interactive Developer (Former Employee), Stamford, ConnecticutJuly 30, 2012
I was working at the Stamford branch as a contract interactive developer and have to say the web producers were indecisive, lack in communication, and were arrogant and self-righteous. Although management stated remote work could be done that proved to be a lie 8am-5pm strictly enforced; except for the numerous times I had to work remote on weekends.

Excluding – more... the web producers members in IT were helpful and kind-hearted just an overall pleasure to work with. – less
Great company!
Regional Vice President (Former Employee), Ft Myers FloridaMay 31, 2012
Pros: strong culture / values, opportunity for professional growth & development
Gartner has incredible people and a culture with many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
No growth whatsoever
Developer (Former Employee), TrumbullMay 21, 2012
Pros: brand name
Cons: see summary
You don't want to work in IT org at gartner. Managers are bad, no mentoring, appreciation. 8am-5pm strictly enforced and no work from home
na
Data Collector (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 5, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: na
It was fun while it lasted. I did enjoy the bonuses but i got laid off.

About Gartner

Launch your future at a global market leader, where double-digit growth is the norm. Gartner (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading – Read more

Gartner Photos