Gartner Employee Reviews

Good acclaimed company with a proper work life balance
Senior Researcher (Current Employee) –  IndiaMay 23, 2016
A great company to work for, as it carries with itself a big brand value. An acclaimed IT research and advisory firm, which provides high insights for strategic actions.
Looks great on paper
Client Partner (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 12, 2016
Gartner is one of those companies that people strive for, everyone seems to want to work there. However, they are not very employee friendly. I saw multiple friends get fired without warning and without reason, especially on the sales side. Very little room for growth or advancement if you want to do anything other than sales.
One of the best sales environments
Sales at Gartner (Former Employee) –  MumbaiApril 23, 2016
Gartner is probably the best training institutes which imbibes strong sales behaviours and methodologies required for consultative selling .
The training and the competitive environment hones special skills in executives like consultative selling , executive presence and high level communication.

The perks offered are higher than industry standards and there is scope to earn high incentives as well.

Very transparent in terms of employee performance dashboard
Pros
Sales Training, Incentives, Flexible Working hours
Cons
Peer Pressure, Non Uniform Processes
Fun place to work
Account Executive - SMB HTTP (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 19, 2016
Great place for a new grad to learn sales and corp culture. Lots of great leaders and opportunities to grow. They have a cafeteria, gym, and other attractive perks for their employees. Call center sales atmosphere.
Pros
great culture
Cons
difficult to excel
good place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 13, 2016
surrounded by smart and fun people.
coworkers are supportive.
salary and benefits are ok.
tough to grow up in the organization unless you have good contacts.
Respected company, good compensation plans
Client Executive, Strategic Accounts Organization (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 28, 2016
Great brand name and respected company among customers and competitors. Good work/life balance in most cases, there is a lot to do but freedom in scheduling the work.
It's Not Too Bad for Job #1
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 7, 2016
If you are looking to begin a career in sales or technology, go for it. Just know the environment can be a bit overwhelming if you are a loner or independently driven. They have a heavy "everyone in" collaborative work environment which is good for some not for all. Finally, Fort Myers is a city best suitable for my grandma to retire from teaching. Very slow town so be cautious.
Productive and cool workplace but no place to advance
Financial Administrative Assistant / Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me going into the office at 8am. I would unpack my company laptop at my desk and the start working on projects that I have been assigned for the associates that our team of Computer Financial Consultants manages. That includes getting information on clients, putting in data to salesforce, Excel spreadsheets, emials, and personal projects for the associates, ect. I also manage all the associates expenses . Which I make a report and find receipts which they send and send it to FL where the main headquarters is . I make travel arrangements for the associates daily. Car service arrangements too. Keep a filing system. Also a inventory system for the office. I fax and copy all important documents. I pick up most important phone calls from clients and associates as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits, Long term positions
Na
Sr. Leadership Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Very exciting , fast paced environment helping several fortune 500 companies. Good opportunities and great people.Environment is very modern with a campus style office
Pros
Campus features, gym, full cafeteria, very collaborative
Cons
NA
Great internship for Corporate Experience
ExP EP Content Ops Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 22, 2016
Internships at Gartner helped develop and enhance both my skills in research and analysis in the corporate sphere. I spent time supporting the marketing department where I engaged creatively to develop campaigns to engage clients. I also was able to perform an analysis on the effectiveness of email blasts on clients.

In my second internship (Content Ops) I was responsible for a pilot that would be used to help Gartner internally to understand the needs of their CIO clients. I created a template for this pilot and then researched the executives to help the service delivery team meet their objectives.

I enjoyed working here because my internships allowed me to use my skills and gain more experience in a corporate setting. Management was supportive and co-workers were communicative and friendly.
2013-Present
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 27, 2015
I work from home and my current territory is the State Government, which is always changing with new CIO's and changes within the NYS ITS account. I have learned to build my brand and that of Gartner but my territory is too small and feels like selling in a fish bowl.
Pros
Autonomy, Work from Home
Cons
Work from Home, No other reps or teamates in close proximity
Terrible Management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2015
I never saw my manager consistently. I saw him during training my first week and maybe once again before my temp assignment was over. Good innovating company to work for, just a shame that management barely cared how his team was performing.
Pros
Cons
Many
Amazing place to work
Executive Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLDecember 22, 2015
Gartner is an amazing company to work for. The people you work with, the management, company culture and benefits. I worked there for 15 plus years and it was a joy to get up and go to work everyday.
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
no cons
Minimal room for advancement
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2015
Minimal room for advancement. Must be an appraiser if you want to see a decent income. Management is very supportive and willing to help you get your license, but without it... you'll make more in retail.
Great opportunity.
Advisor/consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2015
This company offers a healthy stocked kitchen and fun environment. There is opportunity for advancement of your sales career here.
High Stress Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 28, 2015
For those right out of college this is a great experience. If you have work experience and a mind of your own it will not work out. You have to be a robot and just do what you are told without question.
fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 25, 2015
great place to work benefits exceptional management helps colleagues are great fun atmosphere people are nice helpful
Takes care of their employees
Executive Client Manager - Executive Programs (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 29, 2015
Gartner is a great place to work and it they know that if you take care of your employees they will work harder. The only issue is there can be too much focus on sales and too little focus on client satisfaction. This is not always the case but it is difficult to keep the proper balance.
Great Company
Global Events & Branding Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 23, 2015
Cant say enough good things about working for Gartner. Room to grow, they encourage learning and development, and work culture is incredible
Talented Associates and Management
Intern (Former Employee) –  北京市, C22July 29, 2015
Great environment to learn new skills and try new projects. They encourage your growth and independence. Very progressive company.