Gartner Employee Reviews

Too Fast
Events Attendance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL18 June 2017
The day to day is okay - lots of micromanagement and cold calling. Did not realize I was hired to be a dial bot.
The team culture is great. Make friends and a lot of people will have your back. The management needs to get with the times. A lot of their definition of extremely successful employees will make it sound like people are dialing night and day for meetings and interactions. Truth be told every single successful person has their own method of achieving their quota; no one dials for dollars.

Slow down your growth, focus on each individual and don't forget to treat them like human beings.
Pros
Great work life balance, freedom to make appointments. Decent allotted time for family.
Cons
Micromanagement to the extreme, Expectations are to keep you on the phone at all times. They expect you to be strategic.
Great place to work. Great work/life balance and collaborative culture.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA18 June 2017
Fantastic culture. Highly collaborative and all teams gel collaboratively toward common goal. Industry renowned and highly regarded by clients world wide. High-performance environment fostered by continual learning and exposure to top trends and top minds.
Pros
Industry leader, continuous learning on top trends. Great benefits & healthcare.
Cons
Rapid expansion via acquisition of competitors causing some channel conflict.
Growing Pains
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL13 June 2017
Great company with a spectacular track record in the technology space. The Small/Medium Business unit on their End User side is really experiencing some growing pains. They've promoted some very junior people into roles that may be slightly above their skill levels. It starting to show in some struggles their having.
Pros
Great Culture, the Weather in Florida, Cool Perks
Cons
Inexperienced Management, They're seeing a lot of turnover
Dull and Difficult when working without a team in tech
Associate Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT7 June 2017
I enjoyed working at this company and really wish I could have stayed, but circumstances out of my control amounted in my resignation. I believe the poor management and strenuous relationship between the IT Department and the Business Department produced unfair working environments through improper allocation of funds and resources. At first, I was underused or not working at all - no one gave me anything to do. Then I was given the work of a team of 8. I completed that work primarily on my own, but eventually a second team member was assigned to work with me and we finished the gigantic redesign and redevelopment nearly a year after the business team needed it - then they planned to redo it again. I resigned shortly after.
Pros
Transportation from train station, healthcare, 401k
Cons
Management, expensive lunches, expensive area to live
New Company
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana7 June 2017
We recently got acquired by Gartner so do not know much yet.There is nothing much to review. My previous company CEB was very good organization, so we are still awaiting.
Good place to start, bad place to stay
SMB Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL6 June 2017
Excellent training & learning experience. Great first gig out of college with 21 days PTO.

Terrible management, shady sales tactics, company culture is a front. Either drink the Kool-aid or get out
Sehr
Lkw fahrer (Current Employee) –  Lambach4 June 2017
Gut!!! Sehr sogar!!!perfekt!!!!abba viel zu viel ausländer sind dort!
Greatful
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT31 May 2017
Everyone works very hard. They are very tight on space, however, and there is a feeling of disjointedness in the culture as a result. Some managers never come out of their offices.
Pros
The people who work there are great
Cons
overcrowded
Opportunities to travel
Manager (Former Employee) –  Egham23 May 2017
Nice open plan office in Egham, flat structure with good access to senior leaders and friendly teams overall. Good opportunities to travel and learn from teams internally.

Work hard, play hard culture. Hours are not excessive although some late nights are needed as with any job.

Sales led company so understanding that set up is a priority. Lots of Gartner specific references to understand quickly so that the business structure and teams make sense. Limited training/induction so need to just pick this up as you go.
Pros
Able to drive changes and make improvements if in the right teams, opportunity to travel, good exposure to technology and business knowledge
Cons
Lots of change, job security, progression seems to be limited from feedback from others
Poor Management/No Job Security
SMB Account Executive/Business Development Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL18 May 2017
Gartner looks great on a resume, as well as the connections you make with c-level executives and Analysts. As a top achiever, a mentor/coach and a shadow lead who introduced candidates to Gartner's culture, I was dissappointed in how abruptly SMB shifted away from my morals and values. I found my achievements meant little and my job was never secure (all things I was told to tell applicants) "Limitless opportunity" was very limited and the culture became very corrupt. My manager was known for how much business she brought in, but never interrogated for how she sold it. She taught my team how to deceive my clients, lie to them and manipulate them to bring in a deal. Her email editing and forging skills were spectacular - she was valued for this behavior by VP's. Playing the corporate politics game is crucial here (but this is likely relevant for all SMB sales careers). Because services are sold through manipulation and when they weren't needed, retaining the accounts was nearly impossible. SMB will need to make some big changes if they want to save the department (hence the downward spiral many of us 2-year vets have experienced). Summary: Ask a new SMB Gartner rep and they'll say Gartner is awesome. Ask someone who has been there for a couple years... odds are they are trying to get out ASAP. My advice would be to get many alternative thoughts on Gartner before you apply. Current reps are compensated very nicely for telling you what you want to hear.
Pros
Young atomosphere, great resume builder, good pay for being straight out of college
Cons
Poor management, no job security, misleading incentives
Here's the Honest Truth 2017
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL18 May 2017
Gartner is a great place for people just breaking into the workforce. You'll learn a ton and the pay is pretty good for recent grads especially if you sell well. They are shifting from a start up feel in SMB to a more corporate call center culture. The message they spread is that the rapid growth in account managers means more opportunity when reality is that they are just increasing numbers to have enough people to manage the accounts left vacant to improve retention numbers. More sales people actually decreases the amount of opportunity available it's simple math. Territories years ago were 3-400 names per account exec now we're looking at 100-150 if you're lucky. As a result turnover is pretty high. Lastly if you're used to a fast paced city Fort Myers is the polar opposite.
Pros
Decent pay and great name to have on resume when applying elsewhere in Tech
Cons
Shrinking territories, Fort Myers, Lack of Diversity
Great Client Engagement
Field Account Manager - Higher Education (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA9 May 2017
Partnerships that exist with engaging & forward thinking clients can be personally rewarding & financially lucrative. One downside is that many clients currently facing financial scrutiny view the services as nice to have versus need to have. There is an excellent corporate culture that nurtures / rewards successful engagement.
Pros
Excellent training, high level (C-Level) engagement with clients / prospects
Cons
Client retention, Sink or swim culture.
No comment!
Hivatásos gépkocsivezető (Former Employee) –  Lambach (Wells)7 May 2017
Van pár dolog, amit le lehetne írni, de nem szeretném.
Awesome
Global Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA1 May 2017
Both the best and hardest place ever worked. Loved the brand, product, people, etc. and ultimately miss the environment very much. Very well regarded career move.
Pros
Brand awareness, great products
Cons
Stagnation in market, getting deeper into account was tough, retention is difficult
good, stable company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey25 April 2017
Hard to get in to, lots of benefits, bad management.
Lots of difficult targets, they don't make it easy for you to make new business, you have to give away your contacts and get a limited territory plan.
Excellent Pay-Minimum Job Security
Leadership Client Manager (LCM) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT20 April 2017
Excellent pay with very limited job security. Its a trade-off "Pay vs. Everything else". Management hires/fires on a whim. Workplace culture is strictly based on department worked in and can vary from brutal to friendly. This is not a place for the faint of heart.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Life style
Gartner Sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Canada17 April 2017
I have been working at Gartner for 6.5 years in both customer service and field sales. The comps are great, the pay is good (although lower than most technology sales roles), and the benefits are great. Winner Circle is very achievable and the high performers are treated like gold. Management is still a work in progress and has been a pain point for Gartner for a few years. The culture is great and the people you are surrounded with are usually amazing.
Pros
High Performers Benefits (trips, freedom, etc)
Cons
Management Challenges
Great company to work for
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT14 April 2017
Great company to work for...work life balance is good, but the travel piece can be a bear. If you want the opportunity to visit lots of different places, this is the job for you. Good opportunities for growth.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Good start
Account Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL8 April 2017
Gartner is a great place to get a start and learn a strong foundation to sales. They invest in their employees and really emphasize career advancement, which is not very common in other larger orgs.
Pros
Culture, brand, etc.
Cons
Leadership can be iffy at times
Gartner is growing!
Executive Partner; Executive Programs (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT1 April 2017
Over that last several years Gartner has demonstrated a strong and growing position in the IT Advisory Services market. Under their current leadership this trajectory will only continue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gartner. Our community is ready to answer.