Gartner Employee Reviews

Productive and cool workplace but no place to advance
Financial Administrative Assistant / Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me going into the office at 8am. I would unpack my company laptop at my desk and the start working on projects that I have been assigned for the associates that our team of Computer Financial Consultants manages. That includes getting information on clients, putting in data to salesforce, Excel spreadsheets, emials, and personal projects for the associates, ect. I also manage all the associates expenses . Which I make a report and find receipts which they send and send it to FL where the main headquarters is . I make travel arrangements for the associates daily. Car service arrangements too. Keep a filing system. Also a inventory system for the office. I fax and copy all important documents. I pick up most important phone calls from clients and associates as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits, Long term positions
Amazing place to work
Executive Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLDecember 22, 2015
Gartner is an amazing company to work for. The people you work with, the management, company culture and benefits. I worked there for 15 plus years and it was a joy to get up and go to work everyday.
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
no cons
Minimal room for advancement
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2015
Minimal room for advancement. Must be an appraiser if you want to see a decent income. Management is very supportive and willing to help you get your license, but without it... you'll make more in retail.
Great internship for Corporate Experience
ExP EP Content Ops Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 22, 2016
Internships at Gartner helped develop and enhance both my skills in research and analysis in the corporate sphere. I spent time supporting the marketing department where I engaged creatively to develop campaigns to engage clients. I also was able to perform an analysis on the effectiveness of email blasts on clients.

In my second internship (Content Ops) I was responsible for a pilot that would be used to help Gartner internally to understand the needs of their CIO clients. I created a template for this pilot and then researched the executives to help the service delivery team meet their objectives.

I enjoyed working here because my internships allowed me to use my skills and gain more experience in a corporate setting. Management was supportive and co-workers were communicative and friendly.
It's Not Too Bad for Job #1
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 7, 2016
If you are looking to begin a career in sales or technology, go for it. Just know the environment can be a bit overwhelming if you are a loner or independently driven. They have a heavy "everyone in" collaborative work environment which is good for some not for all. Finally, Fort Myers is a city best suitable for my grandma to retire from teaching. Very slow town so be cautious.
Respected company, good compensation plans
Client Executive, Strategic Accounts Organization (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 28, 2016
Great brand name and respected company among customers and competitors. Good work/life balance in most cases, there is a lot to do but freedom in scheduling the work.
One of the best sales environments
Sales at Gartner (Former Employee) –  MumbaiApril 23, 2016
Gartner is probably the best training institutes which imbibes strong sales behaviours and methodologies required for consultative selling .
The training and the competitive environment hones special skills in executives like consultative selling , executive presence and high level communication.

The perks offered are higher than industry standards and there is scope to earn high incentives as well.

Very transparent in terms of employee performance dashboard
Pros
Sales Training, Incentives, Flexible Working hours
Cons
Peer Pressure, Non Uniform Processes
Good 1st job
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 31, 2016
Gartner is a fun company that is very youth driven. You will get to work with exciting technology companies and your opportunity for advancement can be realized rather quickly if you are close to the right people. That being said, several people who are not necessarily qualified to be in management get promoted. Having a good manager will make or break your career at Gartner. The only other major drawback is having to move to Fort Myers, Florida.
Horrible place to work unless...
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 7, 2016
You are fresh out of college and have no idea of what professionalism looks like. The recruiters at this company are the best sales people. The career advancement opportunities are minimal at best and picked purely off of popularity and not performace. It is only an inside sales company, there are not any outside sales positions available in the SMB market.
Good Starting Salaries, but a dog eat dog atmoshphere
Controller Group (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 7, 2016
This company has so much potential. The business units are good with the Great Managers, but are a horrible place to work if you have a bad Manager. Expected to take work home, they do not value Life/Work Balance.
Pros
Starting Salary, Bonus for Sales, A+ Benefits
Cons
No Life/Work Balance, great place if single and looking to earn a nest egg.
Terrible Management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2015
I never saw my manager consistently. I saw him during training my first week and maybe once again before my temp assignment was over. Good innovating company to work for, just a shame that management barely cared how his team was performing.
Pros
Cons
Many
Looks great on paper
Client Partner (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 12, 2016
Gartner is one of those companies that people strive for, everyone seems to want to work there. However, they are not very employee friendly. I saw multiple friends get fired without warning and without reason, especially on the sales side. Very little room for growth or advancement if you want to do anything other than sales.
Great company but less and less work life balance
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 20, 2015
Typical day is fast pace, non stop emails and you're sitting at your desk all day.

Lots of opportunity to learn about technology and business.

Management can vary from group to group, definitely changing for the worse, not the better.

Co-workers for the most part are great.

Hardest part of the job is the expectation that you're on 24/7. There's less life work balance now then there used to be years ago.

Most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to learn new things and being surrounded by extremely bright individuals.
Pros
typically good salaries and good benefits. gym on site in stamford.
Cons
not much work/life balance.
fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 25, 2015
great place to work benefits exceptional management helps colleagues are great fun atmosphere people are nice helpful
Fun place to work
Account Executive - SMB HTTP (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 19, 2016
Great place for a new grad to learn sales and corp culture. Lots of great leaders and opportunities to grow. They have a cafeteria, gym, and other attractive perks for their employees. Call center sales atmosphere.
Pros
great culture
Cons
difficult to excel
Solid Company
Director (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 22, 2015
As with most places, if you have a good manager you will go far. There are several sub cultures to navigate, all depends upon the department. Overall leadership is solid and strong. Sales orientated culture, most successful leaders came from sales. Good people, so normally it is a good day as everyone makes it fun.
Pros
Vacation and health benefits
Cons
Frown on working from home, but there is no more room in the Stamford office and there is no plan to find more building space
Good acclaimed company with a proper work life balance
Senior Researcher (Current Employee) –  IndiaMay 23, 2016
A great company to work for, as it carries with itself a big brand value. An acclaimed IT research and advisory firm, which provides high insights for strategic actions.
Professional and Focused
Account Manager, HTTP (Former Employee) –  Stains, London & travel to clientsJune 16, 2014
I started work an hour early, and set myself up for the day.
There was a great two month training programme that all new starters attended. This included Value Selling and gaining experience from successful members of the company.
The culture is very focused towards Gartner, and the management created fun challenges and rewards throughout the sales quarters.
I worked selling into the UK market, which was very competitve due to there being two UK teams with a total of 22 people targeting the same prospects.
The hardest part of the job was the commute and long hours. however the benefits and team were great. I most enjoyed building the relationships and focusing on retention of my clients and ensuring they gained the highest value from their Garter experience.
Pros
fantastic team, great opportunities
Cons
long hours, extremely long travel
Enjoyable but very slow
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 23, 2015
The work life balance is fantastic and they do a great job of reinforcing this. You'll enjoy who you work with and not feel as though your in an office dialing all day. Great learning experience for younger sales professionals, however if you have 3+ years under your belt go somewhere else. You'll get more money and have more impact.

Mid-management is average at best, with few managers being excellent. Many treat this as a "baby-sitting" job and lack true leadership/coaching. In some cases they may tell you what you are doing wrong, but fail to give a specific solution. One level above that (VPs) is stronger and why the company is still going in the right direction. You won't be closing deals on a daily/weekly basis as sales cycles take very long in most (but not all) cases. Keeping the confidence and not getting burnt out is difficult during those dry spells.

Overall, I would highly recommend this to someone who is just out of college or looking to learn sales/get their foot in the door. Other than that, go elsewhere if you have more experience/sales skills.
Pros
Work/life balance, upper management, perks, office
Cons
Mid-management
Good Entry Level Company - Poor Career Advancement
Research Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 13, 2015
Gartner is growing and its hard to argue they don't provide a useful/much needed service to enterprises across the world. However, the RCS position is a dead-end essentially. One quickly realizes after a few months how there is essentially zero career development in the immediate department, management is just happy "keeping the lights on", and legacy employees bring the rest of the department down. Avoid RES if possible. Otherwise Gartner is a great company. Love the service it provides and benefits are generous.