Gartner Employee Reviews

Great company but unsure of how to get to the next level
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 17, 2016
The company is great to work for. Some amazing caliber folks, some not. The work life balance if you have the right manager is great. Mobile work force but depending on your manager, can be micromanaged. Policies aren't set across the board and there's a lot of room for manager's discretion. I had a great manager for a number of years and then another one that I struggled with.
Good 1st job
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 31, 2016
Gartner is a fun company that is very youth driven. You will get to work with exciting technology companies and your opportunity for advancement can be realized rather quickly if you are close to the right people. That being said, several people who are not necessarily qualified to be in management get promoted. Having a good manager will make or break your career at Gartner. The only other major drawback is having to move to Fort Myers, Florida.
Creativity is mostly welcomed
Client Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 8, 2016
Depending on the office you work at, freedom around time management and creativity serving business activities can be really pleasant.
Fair work-life balance, many truly amazing co-worker

The company has been turning more and more into a corporate "execute only" place over time
Pros
Intellectually challenging
Cons
The usual pains of a billion $ business
Horrible place to work unless...
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 7, 2016
You are fresh out of college and have no idea of what professionalism looks like. The recruiters at this company are the best sales people. The career advancement opportunities are minimal at best and picked purely off of popularity and not performace. It is only an inside sales company, there are not any outside sales positions available in the SMB market.
Good Starting Salaries, but a dog eat dog atmoshphere
Controller Group (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 7, 2016
This company has so much potential. The business units are good with the Great Managers, but are a horrible place to work if you have a bad Manager. Expected to take work home, they do not value Life/Work Balance.
Pros
Starting Salary, Bonus for Sales, A+ Benefits
Cons
No Life/Work Balance, great place if single and looking to earn a nest egg.
One of the best sales environments
Sales at Gartner (Former Employee) –  MumbaiApril 23, 2016
Gartner is probably the best training institutes which imbibes strong sales behaviours and methodologies required for consultative selling .
The training and the competitive environment hones special skills in executives like consultative selling , executive presence and high level communication.

The perks offered are higher than industry standards and there is scope to earn high incentives as well.

Very transparent in terms of employee performance dashboard
Pros
Sales Training, Incentives, Flexible Working hours
Cons
Peer Pressure, Non Uniform Processes
Looks great on paper
Client Partner (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 12, 2016
Gartner is one of those companies that people strive for, everyone seems to want to work there. However, they are not very employee friendly. I saw multiple friends get fired without warning and without reason, especially on the sales side. Very little room for growth or advancement if you want to do anything other than sales.
It's Not Too Bad for Job #1
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 7, 2016
If you are looking to begin a career in sales or technology, go for it. Just know the environment can be a bit overwhelming if you are a loner or independently driven. They have a heavy "everyone in" collaborative work environment which is good for some not for all. Finally, Fort Myers is a city best suitable for my grandma to retire from teaching. Very slow town so be cautious.
Wonderful Company!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 3, 2016
Gartner is a wonderful company to work for. There is a good work/life balance and the people are wonderful! My manager was wonderful. The team was great and super collaborative. The deadlines are tight but the work gets done.
Fun place to work
Account Executive - SMB HTTP (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 19, 2016
Great place for a new grad to learn sales and corp culture. Lots of great leaders and opportunities to grow. They have a cafeteria, gym, and other attractive perks for their employees. Call center sales atmosphere.
Pros
great culture
Cons
difficult to excel
Productive and cool workplace but no place to advance
Financial Administrative Assistant / Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me going into the office at 8am. I would unpack my company laptop at my desk and the start working on projects that I have been assigned for the associates that our team of Computer Financial Consultants manages. That includes getting information on clients, putting in data to salesforce, Excel spreadsheets, emials, and personal projects for the associates, ect. I also manage all the associates expenses . Which I make a report and find receipts which they send and send it to FL where the main headquarters is . I make travel arrangements for the associates daily. Car service arrangements too. Keep a filing system. Also a inventory system for the office. I fax and copy all important documents. I pick up most important phone calls from clients and associates as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits, Long term positions
Good acclaimed company with a proper work life balance
Senior Researcher (Current Employee) –  IndiaMay 23, 2016
A great company to work for, as it carries with itself a big brand value. An acclaimed IT research and advisory firm, which provides high insights for strategic actions.
Innovative Culture & Low Advancement
Strategic Growth Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 9, 2016
Gartner hires people slowly and promotes quickly putting less than best people into management. However, they have a great environment for people right out of college.
Great internship for Corporate Experience
ExP EP Content Ops Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 22, 2016
Internships at Gartner helped develop and enhance both my skills in research and analysis in the corporate sphere. I spent time supporting the marketing department where I engaged creatively to develop campaigns to engage clients. I also was able to perform an analysis on the effectiveness of email blasts on clients.

In my second internship (Content Ops) I was responsible for a pilot that would be used to help Gartner internally to understand the needs of their CIO clients. I created a template for this pilot and then researched the executives to help the service delivery team meet their objectives.

I enjoyed working here because my internships allowed me to use my skills and gain more experience in a corporate setting. Management was supportive and co-workers were communicative and friendly.
Respected company, good compensation plans
Client Executive, Strategic Accounts Organization (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 28, 2016
Great brand name and respected company among customers and competitors. Good work/life balance in most cases, there is a lot to do but freedom in scheduling the work.
2013-Present
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 27, 2015
I work from home and my current territory is the State Government, which is always changing with new CIO's and changes within the NYS ITS account. I have learned to build my brand and that of Gartner but my territory is too small and feels like selling in a fish bowl.
Pros
Autonomy, Work from Home
Cons
Work from Home, No other reps or teamates in close proximity
Na
Sr. Leadership Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Very exciting , fast paced environment helping several fortune 500 companies. Good opportunities and great people.Environment is very modern with a campus style office
Pros
Campus features, gym, full cafeteria, very collaborative
Cons
NA
good place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 13, 2016
surrounded by smart and fun people.
coworkers are supportive.
salary and benefits are ok.
tough to grow up in the organization unless you have good contacts.
Terrible Management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2015
I never saw my manager consistently. I saw him during training my first week and maybe once again before my temp assignment was over. Good innovating company to work for, just a shame that management barely cared how his team was performing.
Pros
Cons
Many
Amazing place to work
Executive Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLDecember 22, 2015
Gartner is an amazing company to work for. The people you work with, the management, company culture and benefits. I worked there for 15 plus years and it was a joy to get up and go to work everyday.
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
no cons