Gartner

Gartner Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great internship for Corporate Experience
ExP EP Content Ops Intern (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 22, 2016
Internships at Gartner helped develop and enhance both my skills in research and analysis in the corporate sphere. I spent time supporting the marketing department where I engaged creatively to develop campaigns to engage clients. I also was able to perform an analysis on the effectiveness of email blasts on clients.

In my second internship (Content Ops) I was responsible for a pilot that would be used to help Gartner internally to understand the needs of their CIO clients. I created a template for this pilot and then researched the executives to help the service delivery team meet their objectives.

I enjoyed working here because my internships allowed me to use my skills and gain more experience in a corporate setting. Management was supportive and co-workers were communicative and friendly.
2013-Present
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 27, 2015
Pros: Autonomy, Work from Home
Cons: Work from Home, No other reps or teamates in close proximity
I work from home and my current territory is the State Government, which is always changing with new CIO's and changes within the NYS ITS account. I have learned to build my brand and that of Gartner but my territory is too small and feels like selling in a fish bowl.
Terrible Management
Consultant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Many
I never saw my manager consistently. I saw him during training my first week and maybe once again before my temp assignment was over. Good innovating company to work for, just a shame that management barely cared how his team was performing.
Amazing place to work
Executive Client Manager (Former Employee), Ft. Myers, FLDecember 22, 2015
Pros: too many to mention
Cons: no cons
Gartner is an amazing company to work for. The people you work with, the management, company culture and benefits. I worked there for 15 plus years and it was a joy to get up and go to work everyday.
Minimal room for advancement
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2015
Minimal room for advancement. Must be an appraiser if you want to see a decent income. Management is very supportive and willing to help you get your license, but without it... you'll make more in retail.
Great opportunity.
Advisor/consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 3, 2015
This company offers a healthy stocked kitchen and fun environment. There is opportunity for advancement of your sales career here.
High Stress Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 28, 2015
For those right out of college this is a great experience. If you have work experience and a mind of your own it will not work out. You have to be a robot and just do what you are told without question.
fun
Manager (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTSeptember 25, 2015
great place to work benefits exceptional management helps colleagues are great fun atmosphere people are nice helpful
Takes care of their employees
Executive Client Manager - Executive Programs (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 29, 2015
Gartner is a great place to work and it they know that if you take care of your employees they will work harder. The only issue is there can be too much focus on sales and too little focus on client satisfaction. This is not always the case but it is difficult to keep the proper balance.
Great Company
Global Events & Branding Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 23, 2015
Cant say enough good things about working for Gartner. Room to grow, they encourage learning and development, and work culture is incredible
Talented Associates and Management
Intern (Former Employee), 北京市, C22July 29, 2015
Great environment to learn new skills and try new projects. They encourage your growth and independence. Very progressive company.
Great place to Grow, then Go
Account Manager (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 20, 2015
A great place to start your career. The training is there and they give you a lot of responsibility off that bat. The challenge is what's next... very few options in terms of what comes after this role.
Solid Company
Director (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 22, 2015
Pros: Vacation and health benefits
Cons: Frown on working from home, but there is no more room in the Stamford office and there is no plan to find more building space
As with most places, if you have a good manager you will go far. There are several sub cultures to navigate, all depends upon the department. Overall leadership is solid and strong. Sales orientated culture, most successful leaders came from sales. Good people, so normally it is a good day as everyone makes it fun.
Enjoyable but very slow
Sales (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 23, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance, upper management, perks, office
Cons: Mid-management
The work life balance is fantastic and they do a great job of reinforcing this. You'll enjoy who you work with and not feel as though your in an office dialing all day. Great learning experience for younger sales professionals, however if you have 3+ years under your belt go somewhere else. You'll get more money and have more impact.

Mid-management is average at best, with few managers being excellent. Many treat this as a "baby-sitting" job and lack true leadership/coaching. In some cases they may tell you what you are doing wrong, but fail to give a specific solution. One level above that (VPs) is stronger and why the company is still going in the right direction. You won't be closing deals on a daily/weekly basis as sales cycles take very long in most (but not all) cases. Keeping the confidence and not getting burnt out is difficult during those dry spells.

Overall, I would highly recommend this to someone who is just out of college or looking to learn sales/get their foot in the door. Other than that, go elsewhere if you have more experience/sales skills.
Drastic Culture Shift
Account Executive (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 6, 2015
At one point in this company you were thought of as an individual, and treated like a member of a start up, but now you're just another replaceable member of corporate America.
Good company
Web Developer (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 4, 2015
• Good reputable company to work for
• Nice employees and good benefits
• The company is growing
• Different types of technology
• Nice location
Great company, great people,
Senior Client Director (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: industry leader, great access into top accounts
Cons: value to the customer suffers with larger, more sophisticated customers
Gartner is a great place to work and is a definitive leader in the industry with excellent products and services.

There are excellent bonuses and perks.
Great company but less and less work life balance
Specialist (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: typically good salaries and good benefits. gym on site in stamford.
Cons: not much work/life balance.
Typical day is fast pace, non stop emails and you're sitting at your desk all day.

Lots of opportunity to learn about technology and business.

Management can vary from group to group, definitely changing for the worse, not the better.

Co-workers for the most part are great.

Hardest part of the job is the expectation that you're on 24/7. There's less life work balance now then there used to be years ago.

Most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to learn new things and being surrounded by extremely bright individuals.
A great learning environment.
Contractor - Business Operations (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTJanuary 29, 2015
Loved completing my temporary job here.
Perform client research on hard to reach clients.
A great place to work
Client Partner (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits, room to advance, great culture
Cons: rigid work structure may not be best for all personality types
Gartner is a great place to work for anyone looking to get started in the professional business world. Due to rapid growth there is oppotunity to advance for top performers. A rigid, metric driven structure makes things a bit "grindy" and may not be compatable with all personality types. Culture is king and young sales minded applicants will enjoy the work hard, play hard atmosphere.
Employees