Gartner Employee Reviews

Productive and cool workplace but no place to advance
Financial Administrative Assistant / Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me going into the office at 8am. I would unpack my company laptop at my desk and the start working on projects that I have been assigned for the associates that our team of Computer Financial Consultants manages. That includes getting information on clients, putting in data to salesforce, Excel spreadsheets, emials, and personal projects for the associates, ect. I also manage all the associates expenses . Which I make a report and find receipts which they send and send it to FL where the main headquarters is . I make travel arrangements for the associates daily. Car service arrangements too. Keep a filing system. Also a inventory system for the office. I fax and copy all important documents. I pick up most important phone calls from clients and associates as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits, Long term positions
Amazing place to work
Executive Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLDecember 22, 2015
Gartner is an amazing company to work for. The people you work with, the management, company culture and benefits. I worked there for 15 plus years and it was a joy to get up and go to work everyday.
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
no cons
Minimal room for advancement
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2015
Minimal room for advancement. Must be an appraiser if you want to see a decent income. Management is very supportive and willing to help you get your license, but without it... you'll make more in retail.
Great internship for Corporate Experience
ExP EP Content Ops Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 22, 2016
Internships at Gartner helped develop and enhance both my skills in research and analysis in the corporate sphere. I spent time supporting the marketing department where I engaged creatively to develop campaigns to engage clients. I also was able to perform an analysis on the effectiveness of email blasts on clients.

In my second internship (Content Ops) I was responsible for a pilot that would be used to help Gartner internally to understand the needs of their CIO clients. I created a template for this pilot and then researched the executives to help the service delivery team meet their objectives.

I enjoyed working here because my internships allowed me to use my skills and gain more experience in a corporate setting. Management was supportive and co-workers were communicative and friendly.
It's Not Too Bad for Job #1
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 7, 2016
If you are looking to begin a career in sales or technology, go for it. Just know the environment can be a bit overwhelming if you are a loner or independently driven. They have a heavy "everyone in" collaborative work environment which is good for some not for all. Finally, Fort Myers is a city best suitable for my grandma to retire from teaching. Very slow town so be cautious.
Respected company, good compensation plans
Client Executive, Strategic Accounts Organization (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 28, 2016
Great brand name and respected company among customers and competitors. Good work/life balance in most cases, there is a lot to do but freedom in scheduling the work.
great place to start your career
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 11, 2016
There is a chance for great camaraderie if you're in the right group. The company is respected in its field and looks great on paper. The team I was in was a well oiled machine until a new manager came in and changed everything, now they are just limping along and all looking to get out (or for the older ones, make it to retirement under the radar). Nice cafeteria. Train shuttle. Nice campus on the water.
One of the best sales environments
Sales at Gartner (Former Employee) –  MumbaiApril 23, 2016
Gartner is probably the best training institutes which imbibes strong sales behaviours and methodologies required for consultative selling .
The training and the competitive environment hones special skills in executives like consultative selling , executive presence and high level communication.

The perks offered are higher than industry standards and there is scope to earn high incentives as well.

Very transparent in terms of employee performance dashboard
Pros
Sales Training, Incentives, Flexible Working hours
Cons
Peer Pressure, Non Uniform Processes
Great company but unsure of how to get to the next level
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 17, 2016
The company is great to work for. Some amazing caliber folks, some not. The work life balance if you have the right manager is great. Mobile work force but depending on your manager, can be micromanaged. Policies aren't set across the board and there's a lot of room for manager's discretion. I had a great manager for a number of years and then another one that I struggled with.
Good 1st job
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 31, 2016
Gartner is a fun company that is very youth driven. You will get to work with exciting technology companies and your opportunity for advancement can be realized rather quickly if you are close to the right people. That being said, several people who are not necessarily qualified to be in management get promoted. Having a good manager will make or break your career at Gartner. The only other major drawback is having to move to Fort Myers, Florida.
Creativity is mostly welcomed
Client Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 8, 2016
Depending on the office you work at, freedom around time management and creativity serving business activities can be really pleasant.
Fair work-life balance, many truly amazing co-worker

The company has been turning more and more into a corporate "execute only" place over time
Pros
Intellectually challenging
Cons
The usual pains of a billion $ business
Good Starting Salaries, but a dog eat dog atmoshphere
Controller Group (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 7, 2016
This company has so much potential. The business units are good with the Great Managers, but are a horrible place to work if you have a bad Manager. Expected to take work home, they do not value Life/Work Balance.
Pros
Starting Salary, Bonus for Sales, A+ Benefits
Cons
No Life/Work Balance, great place if single and looking to earn a nest egg.
Horrible place to work unless...
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 7, 2016
You are fresh out of college and have no idea of what professionalism looks like. The recruiters at this company are the best sales people. The career advancement opportunities are minimal at best and picked purely off of popularity and not performace. It is only an inside sales company, there are not any outside sales positions available in the SMB market.
Good Company to get your Start
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL / Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2016
Great company to start your sales career, they have an amazing training program. This is not your traditional sales job, you will be required to stay up to date to the changes in IT and the industries you cover. You will notice the organization will provide you will a lot of training and resources to be successful in your role. If you're not able to get the flow within the 1st 90 days you will be re-trained and given up to a year to perform or at least have the right mindset.

The typical sales cycle last about 2 months if you're doing the right things, you have to be really consultative in selling a username and password. Aligning the problem your're trying to solve to the resources that Gartner provides it's clients.

The most enjoyable part of working at Gartner are the smart and responsbile people you work with, everyone seems to be excited to work there. Especially at the End of a Quarter and the EOY.

Great company, but a lot of growing pain like weak territories. you are strongly at the will of the accounts you're put into - mainly Healthcare and Financial Verticals make the most money at Gartner! so fight for that or a High Tech role! in SMB

Field Sales - everything is the same - you are at the will of the economy
Pros
Great Training, Perfect Culture in SMB - a little less steller in AMA and SAO
Cons
Upward movement ceiling - unless you have 10 + years in role.
Wonderful Company!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 3, 2016
Gartner is a wonderful company to work for. There is a good work/life balance and the people are wonderful! My manager was wonderful. The team was great and super collaborative. The deadlines are tight but the work gets done.
Looks great on paper
Client Partner (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 12, 2016
Gartner is one of those companies that people strive for, everyone seems to want to work there. However, they are not very employee friendly. I saw multiple friends get fired without warning and without reason, especially on the sales side. Very little room for growth or advancement if you want to do anything other than sales.
Great company but less and less work life balance
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 20, 2015
Typical day is fast pace, non stop emails and you're sitting at your desk all day.

Lots of opportunity to learn about technology and business.

Management can vary from group to group, definitely changing for the worse, not the better.

Co-workers for the most part are great.

Hardest part of the job is the expectation that you're on 24/7. There's less life work balance now then there used to be years ago.

Most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to learn new things and being surrounded by extremely bright individuals.
Pros
typically good salaries and good benefits. gym on site in stamford.
Cons
not much work/life balance.
Professional and Focused
Account Manager, HTTP (Former Employee) –  Stains, London & travel to clientsJune 16, 2014
I started work an hour early, and set myself up for the day.
There was a great two month training programme that all new starters attended. This included Value Selling and gaining experience from successful members of the company.
The culture is very focused towards Gartner, and the management created fun challenges and rewards throughout the sales quarters.
I worked selling into the UK market, which was very competitve due to there being two UK teams with a total of 22 people targeting the same prospects.
The hardest part of the job was the commute and long hours. however the benefits and team were great. I most enjoyed building the relationships and focusing on retention of my clients and ensuring they gained the highest value from their Garter experience.
Pros
fantastic team, great opportunities
Cons
long hours, extremely long travel
Great Team Culture!
HR Associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSWSeptember 7, 2016
Great place to work, great bunch of people! Love working in a global team as you get to learn so much more about the company and how other regions deal with similar issues.
Terrible Management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2015
I never saw my manager consistently. I saw him during training my first week and maybe once again before my temp assignment was over. Good innovating company to work for, just a shame that management barely cared how his team was performing.
Pros
Cons
Many